The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

18 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

They literally just took all the goodwill from the Peter’s hire out back, shot it in the head took a dump on it and lit it on fire. 

Just FYI, you are me when we hired Rivera.....welcome my friend. @Thaiphoonand I have been awaiting your arrival to the dark side lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I thought they ran a hybrid 3-4/4-3 scheme. I'm mistaken. 

I think they had pass rushing situations that may have mimicked it with Parsons, but I don't think we have a Parsons at the moment, so I don't think you would see it. So, good point, but that was probably based on players. 

I will say this- the thread hiring Rivera got 330 posts in it.  We’re almost halfway there, and over halfway if you count the Adam Peters hire, since Rivera got both positions.  

At the very least, the fan base or our portion of it, is engaged again. 

• Like 1

Serious question ..Has there ever been a coach who was a failure his first hire as a H C ( and I'll put Quinn in the group with the way things went South ) , got a second gig and was a success? Damned if I can think of any .

Many coaches had success for multiple teams. Reid for example.Many successful coaches have also failed in second jobs. Shanny comes to mind.

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

Serious question ..Has there ever been a coach who was a failure his first hire as a H C ( and I'll put Quinn in the group with the way things went South ) , got a second gig and was a success? Damned if I can think of any .

Many coaches had success for multiple teams. Reid for example.Many successful coaches have also failed in second jobs. Shanny comes to mind.

Bill Belichick

15 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Define success. Bill Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland with one winning season. 

Mike Shanahan

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Schefter said Washington can take their time now naming a HC but can they?  What about needing to fill out a staff especially when there’s so many new HC. I guess we can be last at that too. SMH

Yeah, I mean the Senior Bowl is this week. Kinda would like a coach there

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Define success. Bill Belichick was 36-44 in Cleveland with one winning season. 

Mike Shanahan

Success- won several more than he lost-took teams to the Palyoffs. not sure-I thought about myself before I posted.

where did Shanahan fail and where did he succeed after that failure? Guess I could look it up !