Commanders Hire Kliff Kingsbury as OC

HTTRDynasty

9 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

I think you're being optimistic,  hoping, praying a Eli Manning situation 20 years later doesn't occur. 

Bears fans have nothing to do with that potential decision. That organizations history with QB,  that lame duck coaching staff and living in that Chicago might.

You think Caleb wants to live in Chicago rather then where he grew up in DC around family and friends? 

You think Caleb would rather play for a Bears HC that will get fired without a 2024 winning season? Play for 2 different OC his first 2 seasons in the NFL (constant change) rather then the OC he just played for at USC and new staff in DC going nowhere?

The Williams camp didn't throw that subtle message out there before the season without a reason. They were letting those in the eventual top 5 of the 2024 draft know. If we don't want to go to........?, We won't. That's exactly the threat Archie Manning told the Chargers!

Guess we'll see if the Bears fit that threat or not. I fully expect Eli 2.0 especially with Kliff installing a offense Caleb already knows and can walk in day 1 of mini-camp and run like a vet. Terminology and all.

Washington > Chicago (No Brainer)

Now out of spite would I if Poles and forced to trade the pick because of that demand if indeed it occurs trade the #1 to a different organization altogether and let them deal with the BS afterwards. 

Abso-GD-lutely!!!!

It’s all pre-draft media and social media BS at this point.  There has been no demand by Caleb about Bears or any team.  He said he wouldn’t want to go to a sun belt team where fans don’t care. Does that describe Chicago? I haven’t seen the sun in a week.

There is nothing to be optimistic or pessimistic about at this point.   Hardly anybody plays in their hometown in pros or for a college coach or expects to.  

You are buying into nonsense.  Is it possible? Anything is possible.  

But until Caleb makes a demand it is all just people throwing spaghetti against a wall.  

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And how is WA better than Chicago when they will have to give up their already pitiful assets to us in order to do the trade? 

It will be a disaster situation for a rookie QB. 

Think you're missing the point. Washington won't have to trade you anything of substance or at all.

When Caleb makes it clear, not if,  when I'm not playing in Chicago or NE, Bears have two options.

Trade with whichever team doesn't have Kirk Cousins after FA (ATL,Min) to acquire a Hual or draft......X-player at #1?

Washington will sit there, maybe make you a offer of say #40 but No future 1st's and sit back and watch.🍿🍿

If the pick is traded, they draft Maye, said they tried. If Caleb drops to #2 ala CJ Stroud to Houston they get who they wanted all along. 

Win-Win

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Washington’s best football player from 2023 plays in Chicago now.  

Look, I like Montez as much as any fan of Washington but the dude spent years getting less than double-digit sacks. He's a physical specimen but I would not be shocked if he goes right back to the guy he was with us for years getting less than double digit sacks. He was never close to being the best player on our team but he's definitely good. I'm happy for him getting paid and in a situation where he's happy. 

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And how is WA better than Chicago when they will have to give up their already pitiful assets to us in order to do the trade? 

I mean, the talent is probably better than how the team performed. The coaching staff that got fired was awful. I wouldn't say we have pitiful resources. 

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

If Caleb truly refuses to play for the Bears, Chicago's leverage dwindles slightly.  If Caleb refuses to play for any team but Washington, Chicago's leverage decreases significantly - no team is trading up to deal with that.

In either case, Washington's "assets" includes their draft picks and current league-leading cap space (which will lead to adding more good players before the draft).  Their assets are far from "pitiful".

8 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If Caleb truly refuses to play for the Bears, Chicago's leverage dwindles slightly.  If Caleb refuses to play for any team but Washington, Chicago's leverage decreases significantly - no team is trading up to deal with that.

In either case, Washington's "assets" includes their draft picks and current league-leading cap space (which will lead to adding more good players before the draft).  Their assets are far from "pitiful".

Okay.  I just meant WA is a rebuilding roster.   Pitiful was a little strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Think you're missing the point. Washington won't have to trade you anything of substance or at all.

When Caleb makes it clear, not if,  when I'm not playing in Chicago or NE, Bears have two options.

Trade with whichever team doesn't have Kirk Cousins after FA (ATL,Min) to acquire a Hual or draft......X-player at #1?

Washington will sit there, maybe make you a offer of say #40 but No future 1st's and sit back and watch.🍿🍿

If the pick is traded, they draft Maye, said they tried. If Caleb drops to #2 ala CJ Stroud to Houston they get who they wanted all along. 

Win-Win

Why exactly do you think this will happen when Caleb's camp has already come out and said they like Chicago? Like why are we going through completely made up scenarios that have no basis in reality.

Caleb isn't going to do any of this. He has no power to do it. This isn't the NFL of years past where there was no rookie wage scale and this isn't the Manning family.

If Caleb comes out and refuses to play for the Bears and they say we don't care and draft him anyways... what exactly do you think is going to happen? They can literally control him without him having any say for the first 7 years of his career if they want to.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

The likelihood of him declaring he isn't going to play for any team but WA is very low.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Why exactly do you think this will happen when Caleb's camp has already come out and said they like Chicago? Like why are we going through completely made up scenarios that have no basis in reality.

Caleb isn't going to do any of this. He has no power to do it. This isn't the NFL of years past where there was no rookie wage scale and this isn't the Manning family.

If Caleb comes out and refuses to play for the Bears and they say we don't care and draft him anyways... what exactly do you think is going to happen? They can literally control him without him having any say for the first 7 years of his career if they want to.

Because reasons.