Random Thoughts - Offseason 2024

dll2000

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

My rule of thumb is "if theres water on a hole, my ball will find it" 

But without the water at 3, I am usually playing from 7. Sometimes I get lucky with a 9, although more than that my slice leaves me at 8

Oh yeah.  When I golf I bring a bunch of old balls for the water holes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I golf about once every 6 years.  1,2,or 3 with a driver.   About one in 5 tries would be 6.  

I can hit the irons pretty good though.  Unless I am playing a scramble I usually give up on driver and just start hitting irons off tee.  Better 200 yards straight than 280 sideways or topped for 20 yards.  

Starts toward 5 and ends up at 8. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Oh yeah.  When I golf I bring a bunch of old balls for the water holes.

I usually get a dozen or so out of the ponds. Its been years since I bought golf balls. Brother and I have our bags loaded and each have a 5gal bucket mostly full. lol

22 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Starts toward 5 and ends up at 8. 

I usually get a dozen or so out of the ponds. Its been years since I bought golf balls. Brother and I have our bags loaded and each have a 5gal bucket mostly full. lol

Like when you are golfing or you live near a golf course?

Some of you guys keep telling me this guy has a noodle arm.   It's not Caleb Williams or Josh Allen or Mahomes arm, but this doesn't look weak to me.  Looks on par with Purdy and other decent to good NFL starters.  

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Like when you are golfing or you live near a golf course?

When we go. My brother and I go when it opens and we each take a cart. There is dew on the ground so we like to slide around and be stupid with them. The one we frequent has a driving range to the left of it so we get a TON of balls right at the tree barrier between them, and there are 3 ponds through the course. A pitching wedge can get you a lot of gold balls if you just walk around the edge of them. Throw them in the back of the cart and then when it is time to leave I always have a bunch of plastic bags to throw then in so they don't get anything dirty.  A lot look like crap but half of them we just send off and spread around the course anyway. Its the only place we usually go since it is so much less expensive than the others around. 

I don't really see the driving range balls as stealing either because they all get redistributed around that same golf course. lol 

This just makes me sad.

I wish I was his dad.  I would smack him in the brain.  Hard.  But if I was his dad, this would have never happened in first place.

This is benefit of Caleb Williams having a dad and already knowing how to handle money.  

Xavier is on a path to bankruptcy shortly after his career is done.  Starts right here, unless he matures and smartens up.

8 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Looked like he was following Google Maps and got one of those "WTF do you mean continue AND turn right?" moments before sorting it out.

But did you see Caleb's video?  Clearly a top 3 QB as of NOW, with room to grow. 

That 3 mph wind knocked the ball down.  You can hear it in audio. 

On Caleb, yes agreed.  Caleb is ready for next step.  I still put him slightly behind Mahomes and Allen for moment.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

This just makes me sad.

I wish I was his dad.  I would smack him in the brain.  Hard.  But if I was his dad, this would have never happened in first place.

This is benefit of Caleb Williams having a dad and already knowing how to handle money.  

Xavier is on a path to bankruptcy shortly after his career is done.  Starts right here, unless he matures and smartens up.

Draymond Green made a dumb*** comment recently how NBA players aren't being set up to retire wealthy, and even blamed fines for one of the reasons. 

Like what an idiot. Has been fined about $1 mil over his career, and has been suspended enough that it cost about $3 mil. So $4 mil lost due to him being an overgrown immature child with a temper and has made $178 mil so far, and is supposed to end with about $255 mil in total. But he claims THAT $4 mil he cost himself is the issue? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/draymond-green-nba-is-not-set-up-for-us-to-be-wealthy-because-of-fines-but-the-numbers-disagree/#:~:text=Spotrac lists every fine and,of money for most people.

I don't hope for ruination or bankruptcy on people, BUT if it is going to happen to anyone then I hope its Green or these other idiots who can't be bothered to actually look up financial basics or hire a well respected financial planner. Hell call Shaq and he would at least direct you to someone who works for him, dude has an empire at this point.

Even at a D III school athletes (at least at my school) were given copious amounts of assistance to help with grades and so on, and if we failed we were held at the mercy of the schools administration. But these 30+ year old men can't handle the same responsibilities we handled at 18-22? **** off, Green. lol 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2024 at 11:16 AM, StLunatic88 said:

My rule of thumb is "if theres water on a hole, my ball will find it" 

But without the water at 3, I am usually playing from 7. Sometimes I get lucky with a 9, although more than that my slice leaves me at 8

I golf 1-3 times per week. I hit 6 30% of the time, 7 60% of the time, between 7 and 8 10% lol 

I had my personal best score last week w 11 over par