Nothing is off the table for the Jets in 2024

Big T

On 2/6/2024 at 8:43 AM, Big T said:

The question then becomes what will it take to get back into the 2nd round or dare I say jump back into the first round. If you're on the staff of the N.Y.Jets 2025 means nothing, this is the year that makes or breaks them.

So trading next years number 1 or number 2 should not be so shocking if it pays dividends this year and more going forward. The Jets have assets they can trade, they have a over abundance of capable DL/DE/ER they could use as trading capitol.

This is where you lost me. We're in no position to be trading up with all of our needs and limited draft capital. Next years 1 or 2 could very well be a high pick, not willing to shell those out.

Could that happen under JD's watch in an attempt to save his job? Of course, but it's not what I would do. 

On 2/10/2024 at 9:27 PM, xrade said:

I’ll take any friendly wagers (in name only of course) that we do NOT draft an OT when we pick. I would bet WR or TE at 10. Then we get to hear how JD and Saleh could not believe they were available. Book it. 

Name your price, I'll bet on us going OT. If we were gonna go WR early we would've taken JSN last year when we had the chance.

Sure let's roll the same o-line out there that got AR hurt in just 4 plays. 

Edited by jetjuice
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

This is where you lost me. We're in no position to be trading up with all of our needs and limited draft capital. Next years 1 or 2 could very well be a high pick, not willing to shell those out.

Could that happen under JD's watch in an attempt to save his job? Of course, but it's not what I would do. 

Name your price, I'll bet on us going OT. If we were gonna go WR early we would've taken JSN last year when we had the chance.

Sure let's roll the same o-line out there that got AR hurt in just 4 plays. 

I have no idea what J Douglas, is going to do after he drafts a O line player at 10, as of now we sure don't have the money to get at top FA. And after we make our first pick in the first round 65 players will we drafted before we pick again in the third round. We have two fourth round picks and they can take those fourth pick and shove them where the monkey shoved the nut. We need another second round pick I don't even think we get that if we trade Zach Wilson. The word is out through the entire NFL on Z Wilson.

13 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

To be fair, the line did what they were asked and ARod decided to pass up the open read and got himself injured 

To be fair, the O line did what they were supposed to, but the O line didn't execute what he was supposed to, otherwise AR would not have been injured. To be fair, had no injury incurred then, no doubt, NO DOUBT, it would have been only a matter of time before our Swiss cheese OL would have gotten him injured just like the other QB's who stood behind it.

No doubt in my mind whatsoever, the Jets, MUST, MUST!!!! No matter the cost put as Elite an OL in front of A.R. or suffer the consequences of mediocrity and career ending injury to one of the best QB's to play professional football.

20 hours ago, jetjuice said:

Name your price, I'll bet on us going OT

It should be obvious that we do draft an OT, but would you really be surprised if we don't?  That is all I am saying.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

To be fair, the line did what they were asked and ARod decided to pass up the open read and got himself injured 

And the missed chop by Brown had nothing to do with it?

3 hours ago, xrade said:

And the missed chop by Brown had nothing to do with it?

I am sure that you read some rumor about Rodgers hate cut blocking assignment.  If it is true then Rodgers ignored it and went on his own(going outside where Brown was designed to cut if I remember correctly).  Oops! he got fraked.

I don't know if Rodgers stayed behind Brown (inside) may save his major injury.  It was a real time reaction.

A few things:

- if the Jets draft a tight end in the first round, that would be the most laughable decision among a history of laughable decisions. Which is why I see sites mocking a tight end to the Jets! 

- I would blame the MetLife turf for Rodgers' injury more than anyone/anything else if we are being honest. I think Rodgers had serious adrenaline working in that first game, so he got a little jumpy and started to scramble. Should not have ended up with a lost season. I don't think we can blame age, either. I think Lamar Jackson ruptures his Achilles' on that play, too.

- Forget about getting draft capital for Zach Wilson. If we get a day 3 pick seven years from now, we should be grateful!

- Trading valuable post-Rodgers era draft picks is such a terrible idea that Douglas and Saleh and Johnson are probably salivating at the very thought as we type!

3 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

A few things:

- if the Jets draft a tight end in the first round, that would be the most laughable decision among a history of laughable decisions. Which is why I see sites mocking a tight end to the Jets! 

- I would blame the MetLife turf for Rodgers' injury more than anyone/anything else if we are being honest. I think Rodgers had serious adrenaline working in that first game, so he got a little jumpy and started to scramble. Should not have ended up with a lost season. I don't think we can blame age, either. I think Lamar Jackson ruptures his Achilles' on that play, too.

- Forget about getting draft capital for Zach Wilson. If we get a day 3 pick seven years from now, we should be grateful!

- Trading valuable post-Rodgers era draft picks is such a terrible idea that Douglas and Saleh and Johnson are probably salivating at the very thought as we type!

So Dre Greenlaw was victim of the turf too? Rodgers already had a calf injury, Achilles more susceptible now, then really crappy luck with the angle of the tackle and trying to break free. Achilles couldn’t take the force. 

• 64 sacks allowed (Tied-Most in AFC)
  • 27% pressure percentage (2nd Highest in NFL)
  • 188 pressures allowed (Most in AFC)
  • 60 hurries (2nd Most in AFC)

Now, do you want to go into the 2024 Season with your No.1 pick anything other than an OL at 10 or better yet if its possible draft back, pick up a very good top rated OL and another in round 2 and help complete the task of reversing these atrocious numbers?

What J.D. does during the off season/F.A. will be a major factor in how the Jets 2024 season plays out and how the 2024 Draft falls for the Jets.There is a slight to good possibility that another QB hungry team would like to secure the next best QB without forfeiting the entire draft and trade up with the Jets.

Obviously as far as J.D. is concerned, he listens if someone wants to talk or propose a trade. I think this is the likeliest of scenarios for the Jets. But be sure of this, the numbers don't lie and it didn't matter if it was Zach Wilson or A.R. his butt would have been ripped according to these numbers.

So priority number one, is OL, all Jets fans know that, and to think otherwise when the 2024 draft comes full circle J.D. better have all his ducks in a row and be ready to drop the hammer on a trade back or trade up (which is unlikely) or stay put and take the BPA at OL. 

We pick 10th, right? It would be a dream scenario if a team wanted to move up to our pick to get their QB. I seriously doubt it will happen, but will be most pleased if it does.

Unlike you, I would probably go OT, DT, QB if we somehow got back into the second round this year. I really think we need a run-stuffing DT to complete the defensive puzzle.

There are some on the FA market, though. Hopefully, we can nab one of them. The Chiefs are going to PAY Chris Jones, probably. I wonder if that makes Nnadi a possibility. Reader is another option, coming off a serious injury though.

Anyway, I love your scenario but I am skeptical that anyone will want the 10th pick for their future QB.

21 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Anyway, I love your scenario but I am skeptical that anyone will want the 10th pick for their future QB.

Cards traded to 10 for Rosen and the Chiefs from the bottom of the first to 10 for Mahomes.

if it’s a highly regarded team/GM and we know who the QB they want is, maybe we are better off taking the QB lol