Who do you think your team's biggest, historical rival really is?

TecmoSuperJoe

4 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

For the Eagles it will always be the Giants. The Cowboys are disliked, but the NY vs Philly factor sways it to the Giants.

no way. Its definitely Dallas. Giants are a rival, sure, but not on the same level as the Cowboys. 

12 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

For Philly, It's without any hesitation or doubt that it's the Cowboys. There's true hatred between the two franchises. I genuinely like Zeke going into the draft, but now i can't stand the sight of him. 

From a hatred standpoint it's the Cowboys, but from a historical and geographical aspect, it's the Giants. 

Eagles v Cowboys has been played 117 times. ~ 1400 miles between stadiums. 

Eagles v Giants has been played 169 times. ~ 100 miles between stadiums.

15 minutes ago, SpanosPayYourRent said:

Not the Packers?

If we're talking about the Vikes, I'd say they're sort of without a historic rival, at least one that would reciprocate that feeling. 

I think the most natural historic rival for the Vikings is the Packers, but Packers fans would say their truest rivalry is with the Bears, and Bears fans would say their truest rivalry is with the Pack. 

Same situation for the Lions too, I think. 

The Packers are just the biggest rival for the rest of the NFC North in general. 

25 minutes ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

If we're talking about the Vikes, I'd say they're sort of without a historic rival, at least one that would reciprocate that feeling. 

I think the most natural historic rival for the Vikings is the Packers, but Packers fans would say their truest rivalry is with the Bears, and Bears fans would say their truest rivalry is with the Pack. 

Same situation for the Lions too, I think. 

The Packers are just the biggest rival for the rest of the NFC North in general. 

Lions v  Bears have one more game than lions v Packers .so yeah, pretty much same

50 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

no way. Its definitely Dallas. Giants are a rival, sure, but not on the same level as the Cowboys. 

Historically speaking, that is flat out not true. The Giants were our undisputed top rivals for a longggg time. Recently the Cowboys vs Eagles rivalry has become one of the biggest if not the biggest in the country, but this thread is talking about history.

Archived