Helldivers II

The game drops today. It looks sick. Humans will have a hand in the battles on a macro level. They'll skim data, and add monsters/robots when they deem fit. Also, the war will be ever evolving. The bugs and robots will be trying to gain back territory and will advance at times. 

Should be dope!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update: 

The game is awesome. If you want a coop game that's PvE, uses teamwork, has incredible air strikes you can call in, with a starship troopers/Terminator vibe to the battles (you fight bugs on some planets and robots on others), then this game is for you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 3:05 PM, Flatlyner said:

This game does look pretty fun.   Been considering playing co op with my son.  He has a PS5 and I'd be on a PC.  I hear there is some issues with cross play and saving progress, which is a problem.

Most of my buddies play PS5 and I play PC never has progress saving issues. Crossplay is a little wonky in that I can't generally join their game in session and sometimes we all need to restart to be able to join successfully but its very much doable with little issue. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2024 at 5:43 AM, Spartacus said:

Most of my buddies play PS5 and I play PC never has progress saving issues. Crossplay is a little wonky in that I can't generally join their game in session and sometimes we all need to restart to be able to join successfully but its very much doable with little issue. 

I had issues joining any game in progress until I started opening the game through Steam. Possible fix?

17 hours ago, nagahide13 said:

I had issues joining any game in progress until I started opening the game through Steam. Possible fix?

No idea. I've been mostly playing solo after the patch. Unfortunately they took the Diablo 4 approach and nerfed. Games harder now especially at high difficulties. 

3 hours ago, showtime said:

What type of game is this? Seems like it wouldn't be fun without friends. I only know like one person who has this game.

It's very much a game you play with friends. On your own, it loses a lot of the magic.

Still fun, though. You can think of it as a horde-mode style 3rd person shooter with objectives you need to complete. There are non-stop enemies that come out at you while doing so. Has a very arcade-y feeling to it, and doesn't take itself too seriously. Probably one of those most fun shooters I've played in a while.

16 hours ago, showtime said:

What type of game is this? Seems like it wouldn't be fun without friends. I only know like one person who has this game.

Can be fun if you get lucky with randoms but it really shines with friends.