2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Edited 6/11/24)

Ozzy

Downs will certainly be a starter and not split snaps with anyone. CJ Hicks was the top MLB in the country coming out of high school, a top 10 guy who has looked the part. He was just stuck behind Eichenberg and Chambers. Styles got on the field sooner as we were thinner in the secondary. Sonny may spend a lot of time in the box but I think Simon and Hicks will be the starting LB combo. 

4 hours ago, RTTRUTH said:

Is Shedeur Sanders considered a likely top 40 talent?

I haven’t scouted him per se. But I’m a little surprised he’s all the way up there.

There are some that thought he could declare this year and be a 1st round pick.  I did not really agree with that but with all the QBs that decided to not declare for the draft who knows.  He can spread the ball around well and is accurate and can take pressure and still make plays.  But it is pretty nuts the sacks he takes, took 35 as a freshman at Jackson State, 23 the year after and a nuts 52 at Colorado but that OL was awful.  But it probably still is an awful OL not sure they improved it that much in the portal.

I would say Shedeur is right there with Beck who has a far superior supporting cast at Georgia.  And he is right there with Leonard who is arguably more talented than both physically but still has a long ways to go as a passer and who knows if he can stay healthy with how focused he is on running the football at times.  Shedeur is catered to completely by his father but could also argue his father would have never had the success he has had at Jackson State without Shedeur as his QB and even at Colorado, say Shedeur declared that team would be a mess and is one really without him as the QB.

He is no question a potential 1st rounder and honestly I was not shocked by the failure of that Colorado football team, they were so ridiculously overhyped to start the year but played in the Pac-12 and had one hell of a schedule.  It will be easier next year in the Big 12 but still not sure Colorado is this great team by any means either.  Shedeur is one of the best QBs in the country though that is pretty clear so why would he not be considered a 1st round pick.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

There are some that thought he could declare this year and be a 1st round pick.  I did not really agree with that but with all the QBs that decided to not declare for the draft who knows.  He can spread the ball around well and is accurate and can take pressure and still make plays.  But it is pretty nuts the sacks he takes, took 35 as a freshman at Jackson State, 23 the year after and a nuts 52 at Colorado but that OL was awful.  But it probably still is an awful OL not sure they improved it that much in the portal.

I would say Shedeur is right there with Beck who has a far superior supporting cast at Georgia.  And he is right there with Leonard who is arguably more talented than both physically but still has a long ways to go as a passer and who knows if he can stay healthy with how focused he is on running the football at times.  Shedeur is catered to completely by his father but could also argue his father would have never had the success he has had at Jackson State without Shedeur as his QB and even at Colorado, say Shedeur declared that team would be a mess and is one really without him as the QB.

He is no question a potential 1st rounder and honestly I was not shocked by the failure of that Colorado football team, they were so ridiculously overhyped to start the year but played in the Pac-12 and had one hell of a schedule.  It will be easier next year in the Big 12 but still not sure Colorado is this great team by any means either.  Shedeur is one of the best QBs in the country though that is pretty clear so why would he not be considered a 1st round pick.  

Well my thought was consistency. But like I said, haven’t actually scouted him yet. Maybe he’s more refined than I’ve seen at a glance.

• 2 months later...

With the 2024 NFL Draft over it is a good time to look ahead, originally I made this list in February, and like I have said before here is the condensed list of guys I had well into the 2024 draft and so could have been 1st or 2nd round picks.  45 in total on this list and of course there are more than that on the original page, but this is more roughly ranked top to bottom so there are some very quality players returning to school and mostly because of NIL of course.  

Overall the LB position was hurt a lot in the 2024 draft with the guys who did not declare and normally would have, was a super weak group of OLBs not including 3/4 OLBs.  Guys like Barrett Carter, Deontae Lawson, Nick Jackson, Jay Higgins and Jamon Dumas-Johnson all could have been 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks in 2024 arguably.  

Quinn Ewers Texas RS SOPH QB 
Tyleik Williams Ohio State RS SOPH DT 
Deontae Lawson Alabama RS SOPH ILB 
Barrett Carter Clemson JR OLB 
TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State JR RB  
Jabbar Muhammad Washington RS JR CB 
JT Tuimoloau Ohio State RS SOPH DE 
Mello Dotson Kansas RS JR CB  
Emeka Egbuka Ohio State JR WR 
Nick Jackson Iowa RS SR LB 
Malachi Moore Alabama SR CB
Jay Higgins Iowa SR ILB 
Xavier Truss Georgia RS SR OT/OG    
Cooper Mays Tennessee SR C/OG  
Joshua Gray Oregon State RS JR OT  
Jamon Dumas-Johnson Kentucky JR ILB
Jordan Burch Oregon SR DE   
Jonah Monheim USC RS JR OT 
Bryce Foster Texas A&M JR C  
Donovan Edwards Michigan JR RB
Fadil Diggs Texas A&M RS JR DE    
JJ Weaver Kentucky RS SR OLB/DE  
Raheim Sanders South Carolina JR RB  
Cameron Rising Utah RS SR QB   
Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse JR WR 
Jack Sawyer Ohio State RS SOPH DE  
Tez Johnson Oregon SR WR 
Kydran Jenkins Purdue SR OLB/DE    
Kaimon Rucker UNC RS SR DE/OLB    
Howard Cross III Notre Dame SR DT  
Jeremy James Ole Miss RS SR OT  
Cameron Ward Miami FL SR QB 
Seth Coleman Illinois RS JR OLB/DE
Justin Walley Minnesota JR CB
Tyler Batty BYU JR DE 
JJ Pegues Ole Miss JR DT 
DJ Uiagalelei Oregon State SR QB
RJ Oben Duke RS SR DE   
Graham Mertz Florida RS SR QB 
Grayson McCall Coastal Carolina RS SR QB 
Zeke Correll Notre Dame SR C 
KJ Jefferson UCF RS SR QB    
Brant Kuithe Utah RS SR TE  
Jestin Jacobs Oregon RS SR OLB    
Jake Renfro Wisconsin RS JR C 

• Like 1

Tyleik Williams I would say has more upside than Byron Murphy II and is already a better pass rusher.  I had him borderline 1st rounder even as a RS SOPH, and in terms of DL in general Deone Walker, Mason Graham and Kenneth Grant all might be picked ahead of Tyliek Williams unless he has a great year so clearly the 2025 class is better at DT than this 2024 class potentially.

Barrett Carter easily I would take over any pure OLB in the 2024 draft.  Cooper it is close but really he is more a 3/4 ILB most likely in the NFL, in terms of a pure 4/3 OLB Carter is right up there with any of them and honestly it was a terrible class for OLB types outside of edge players in 2024.  Depends on if Perkins and Carter are going to be more 3/4 OLBs or 4/3 LBs but honestly any of these in a true 4/3 I would take over the OLBs in 2024, Harold Perkins Jr, Abdul Carter, Barrett Carter and Nick Jackson.

The ILBs in this 2024 draft fell a lot, really good players like Payton Wilson, Trotter, Colson and Watson.  Wilson might be an OLB in a 3/4 but we will see but Deontae Lawson and Jay Higgins could have been picked in that group, Lawson I feel could have competed for 1st ILB taken in 2024 if he declared.

The DE depth in 2025 could be really solid, and almost all of these guys are seniors outside of Dennis-Sutton below.  And that is not including the top guys who are mostly JRs in Payton, Scourton, Mykel Williams and Tuimoloau being the one senior.  I feel no question guys like Jackson who have been drafted if he declared, same with Diggs and probably Sawyer and Batty not to mention Umanmielen and others.

Landon Jackson Arkansas
Dani Dennis-Sutton Penn State JR
Jah Joyner Minnesota RS
Princely Umanmielen Ole Miss
Fadil Diggs Syracuse RS
Jack Sawyer Ohio State
Jordan Burch Oregon RS
Tyler Batty BYU RS
Danny Striggow Minnesota RS
Kaimon Rucker UNC RS
Josaiah Stewart Michigan
Jared Ivey Ole Miss RS
Johnny Walker Jr Missouri RS
Ethan Downs Oklahoma
Ashton Gillotte Louisville

Oddly enough there could be a lot of good quality OTs in this 2025 draft as well just like 2024.  RBs should be better but even in 2024 a ton of very good backs drop quite a ways so who knows.  And with two of the best both on the same team who knows what happens with their production for Judkins and Henderson.  Gordon could be interesting but not sure he would time great to make him a 1st rounder either.

Posted (edited)
I probably should not go overboard with it this time since the order is going to totally change as will the comp picks as well.  But based on rosters here is what I have for a 4 round 2025 Mock draft with most recent trades included in the picks.  Will be interesting who gets the top pick and honestly unless it is the Raiders and Giants which I doubt, not sure a QB will be selected unless Levis is awful for the Titans or Nix for the Broncos.  So a QB might not be the #1 pick but we will see.    I will have the edited version going forward posted on the first page

5/5/24

1st
1. Panthers: Will Campbell LSU JR OT 
2. Titans: Deone Walker Kentucky JR DT/DE  
3. Broncos: Will Johnson Michigan JR CB
4. Patriots:  Kelvin Banks Jr. Texas JR OT
5. Commanders: Harold Perkins Jr LSU JR OLB
6. Cardinals: Mason Graham Michigan JR DT
7. Raiders: Jalen Milroe Alabama RS JR QB 
8. Giants: Quinn Ewers Texas RS JR QB
9. Saints: Tetairoa McMillan Arizona JR WR
10. Colts: Travis Hunter Colorado JR CB
11. Falcons: Abdul Carter Penn State JR OLB
12. Vikings: Tyleik Williams Ohio State RS JR DT
13. Seahawks: Shedeur Sanders Colorado JR QB 
14. Browns:  Patrick Payton Florida State RS JR DE   
15. Jaguars:  Benjamin Morrison Notre Dame JR CB
16. Chargers: Luther Burden III Missouri JR WR  
17. Bears: Tyler Booker Alabama JR OG
18. Cowboys: Kenneth Grant Michigan JR NT
19. Buccaneers:  Malaki Starks Georgia JR CB/S 
20. Jets: Carson Beck Georgia RS SR QB
21. Dolphins: Mello Dotson Kansas RS SR CB
22. Steelers: Deontae Lawson Alabama RS JR ILB
23. Rams: Denzel Burke Ohio State SR CB 
24. Bengals: Landon Jackson Arkansas SR DE 
25. Packers: Emery Jones LSU JR OT 
26. Texans: Walter Nolen Ole Miss JR DT
27. Lions: Nic Scourton Texas A&M JR DE/OLB 
28. Bills: Emeka Egbuka Ohio State SR WR
29. 49ers:  JT Tuimoloau Ohio State RS JR DE 
30. Chiefs: Jonah Savaiinaea Arizona JR OG/OT  
31. Eagles: Mykel Williams Georgia JR DE
32. Ravens: Colston Loveland Michigan JR TE

2nd
33. Bears (via Carolina): James Pearce Jr Tennessee JR OLB/DE  
34. Titans: Malachi Moore Alabama SR CB/S
35. Broncos: Jah Joyner Minnesota RS SR DE  
36. Patriots:  Ollie Gordon II Okalahoma State JR RB
37. Commanders: Earnest Greene III Georgia RS SOPH OT 
38. Cardinals: Jeremiah Byers Florida State RS SR OT/OG 
39. Raiders: Bryce Foster Texas A&M SR C 
40. Giants: Quinshon Judkins Ohio State JR RB
41. Saints: Tyler Warren Penn State RS SR TE 
42. Colts:  Josh Conerly Jr Oregon JR OT  
43. Falcons:   Cooper Mays Tennessee RS SR C/OG   
44. Bills (via Minnesota): Fentrell Cypress II Florida State RS SR CB  
45. Seahawks: Barrett Carter Clemson SR OLB
46. Browns: Nick Jackson Iowa RS SR ILB  
47. Jaguars: Nash Hutmacher Nebraska SR DT
48. Chargers: Jabbar Muhammad Oregon RS SR CB
49. Bears: Howard Cross III Notre Dame RS SR DT
50. Cowboys: Jay Higgins Iowa RS SR ILB  
51. Buccaneers: Riley Leonard Notre Dame JR QB
52. Jets:  Joshua Gray Oregon State RS SR OT
53. Dolphins:   Princely Umamielen Ole Miss RS SR DE 
54. Steelers: Tre Harris Ole Miss RS SR WR 
55. Panthers (via Rams): Nick Emmanwori South Carolina JR S 
56. Bengals:   Jamon Dumas-Johnson Kentucky SR ILB 
57. Packers: Ricardo Hallman Wisconsin RS JR CB
58. Texans: Antwane Wells Jr Ole Miss RS SR WR   
59. Lions: Micah Pettus Ole Miss RS JR OT 
60. Bills:  Riley Mahlman Wisconsin RS SR OT 
61. 49ers: Billy Bowman Oklahoma SR S 
62. Chiefs:  TreVeyon Henderson Ohio State SR RB  
63. Eagles:  Hollin Pierce Rutgers SR OT
64. Ravens:  Dani Dennis-Sutton Penn State JR DE 

3rd
65. Panthers: Collin Oliver Ok State SR OLB
66. Chiefs (via Tennessee): Jason Marshall Jr Florida SR CB
67. Broncos: Xavier Truss Georgia RS SR OG/OT
68. Patriots: Jack Sawyer Ohio State RS JR DE  
69. Commanders: Justin Walley Minnesota SR CB  
70. Cardinals: Jordan Burch Oregon RS SR DE 
71. Raiders:  Kobe King Penn State RS JR ILB  
72. Giants: Fadil Diggs Syracuse RS SR OLB/DE 
73. Saints: Anthony Belton NC State RS SR OT 
74. Colts: Bear Alexander USC JR DT
75. Falcons:  Tez Johnson Oregon RS SR WR
76. Jaguars (via Minnesota): Seth Coleman Illinois RS SR OLB  
77. Seahawks: Nicholas Singleton Penn State JR RB
78. Browns: Jonah Monheim USC RS SR OT  
79. Jaguars: Marcus Tate Clemson SR OG  
80. Chargers: JJ Pegues Ole Miss RS SR DT 
81. Bears: Mitchell Evans Notre Dame SR TE 
82. Cowboys: Jake Renfro Wisconsin RS SR C
83. Buccaneers:  Gabe Jacas Illinois JR OLB
84. Jets: Yahya Black Iowa RS SR DT
85. Eagles (via Miami): Oronde Gadsden II Syracuse SR TE 
86. Steelers: Jaheim Oatis Alabama JR DT
87. Rams: Caleb Etienne BYU RS SR OT
88. Bengals: Aireontae Ersery Minnesota RS SR OG/OT 
89. Packers: Danny Stutsman Oklahoma SR LB 
90. Texans: Smael Mondon Jr Georgia SR LB 
91. Jets (via Detroit): Cody Lindenberg Minnesota RS SR LB 
92. Bills: Tyler Batty BYU RS SR DE 
93. 49ers: Mason Richman Iowa RS SR OT 
94. Chiefs: Jared Ivey Ole Miss RS SR DE/DT
95. Eagles: Damien Martinez Miami FL JR RB
96. Ravens: Donovan Edwards Michigan SR RB

4th
97. Panthers: Tory Horton Colorado State RS SR WR  
98. Titans: Mason Taylor LSU JR TE
99. Broncos:  JJ Weaver Kentucky RS SR LB
100. Patriots: Mohamed Toure Rutgers RS SR LB
101. Commanders: Josaiah Stewart Michigan SR DE/OLB
102. Cardinals:  Isaiah Bond Texas JR WR  
103. Raiders: Cal Haladay Michigan State RS SR LB
104. Giants: Tim Keenan III Alabama RS JR DE 
105. Saints:  Jestin Jacobs Oregon RS SR LB
106. Colts: Xavier Watts Notre Dame RS SR S
107. Falcons:  Kaimon Rucker UNC RS SR DE/OLB
108. Jaguars (via Minnesota): Rivaldo Fairweather Auburn RS SR TE
109. Seahawks: Shemar Turner Texas A&M SR DT
110. Browns: Dante Trader Jr Maryland SR S
111. Jaguars: Barion Brown Kentucky JR WR
112. Chargers: Ty Hamilton Ohio State SR DT
113. Bills (voa Chicago):  Lawrence Arnold Kansas RS SR WR 
114. Cowboys: Lathan Ransom Ohio State RS SR S
115. Buccaneers: Ty Robinson Nebraska RS SR DL
116. Jets: Ashton Gillotte Louisville SR DE/OLB 
117. Dolphins: Alfred Collins Texas RS SR DL
118. Steelers: Cobee Bryant Kansas SR CB
119. Rams: Rylie Mills Notre Dame RS SR DE
120. Bengals: Woodi Washington Oklahoma RS SR CB
121. Packers: Johnny Walker Jr Missouri RS SR OLB
122. Texans: Cam Jackson Florida RS SR DT
123. Lions:  Will Pauling Wisconsin RS JR WR 
124. Bills: Caden Prieskorn Ole Miss RS SR TE
125. 49ers: Jack Nelson Wisconsin RS SR OT/OG
126. Chiefs: Quinn Carroll Minnesota RS
127. Lions (via Philadelphia): Danny Striggow Minnesota RS SR DE
128. Ravens:  Nazir Stackhouse Georgia RS SR DT

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

right now, I think the Steelers will pick a QB in Rd 1 and then DL.  Of course things may change during the year but if Carson Beck gets that close to the Steelers, I would see them trading up to get him.  I would guess that QB, DL, CB and WR would be their needs.  We will see in September how much this changes.  I expect multiple DL to be taken in 2025 draft for the Steelers.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TVScout said:

Why do you have the Cowboys picking a center when they just picked Beebe to play that position?

Possible but I thought Tyron Smith would be transitioning out to LT.  Do they really feel Guyton who is still pretty raw and inexperienced can start at LT?  Beebe at center I think is a disservice to him as a player, he is better as a guard.  But sure maybe he can play center and do well, I still feel he is a better guard no question about it.  But yes it depends on how Guyton does, and did Beebe ever play center at Kansas State?  I am not sure he did.  

6 hours ago, jebrick said:

right now, I think the Steelers will pick a QB in Rd 1 and then DL.  Of course things may change during the year but if Carson Beck gets that close to the Steelers, I would see them trading up to get him.  I would guess that QB, DL, CB and WR would be their needs.  We will see in September how much this changes.  I expect multiple DL to be taken in 2025 draft for the Steelers.

You do not think Wilson or Fields will win the QB job?  I assume one does and they pay him after next season, QB story is solved then for a bit.  I would be shocked if all next season goes by and they do not select one or the two moving forward as their QB the next two or three years.  Especially when both are better than freaking Carson Beck.  If Pickett did not do well in Pittsburgh not sure Beck would either.

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Possible but I thought Tyron Smith would be transitioning out to LT.

They want to keep him at LG. 

53 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Do they really feel Guyton who is still pretty raw and inexperienced can start at LT?

In 2025.

LT : Guyton - Edoga

LG : Smith - Bass - Richards

C : Beebe - Hoffman

RG : Martin - Ball

RT : Steele - Waletzko

8 minutes ago, TVScout said:

They want to keep him at LG. 

In 2025.

LT : Guyton - Edoga

LG : Smith - Bass - Richards

C : Beebe - Hoffman

RG : Martin - Ball

RT : Steele - Waletzko

Sure that could work but again Beebe did not play center at Kansas State as far as I know, and Guyton was a RT on Oklahoma, Rouse was the LT last year and Guyton has only one year of starting experience in his college football career.  He will now play instantly at LT the hardest OL position in football?

I kind of find that hard to believe, Guyton seems much more like a RT to me.  It will be interesting how that all goes, but I still say Beebe would be much better at guard than center.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Sure that could work but again Beebe did not play center at Kansas State as far as I know, and Guyton was a RT on Oklahoma, Rouse was the LT last year and Guyton has only one year of starting experience in his college football career.  He will now play instantly at LT the hardest OL position in football?

I kind of find that hard to believe, Guyton seems much more like a RT to me.  It will be interesting how that all goes, but I still say Beebe would be much better at guard than center.  

Agree on Guyton but disagree on Beebe.  I think Beebe has the smarts, build, athleticism, etc to be a top notch Center.  I don't see how you can watch film of Beebe and not see how he could translate to Center very very well.

• Ozzy changed the title to 2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Edited 6/11/24)