Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

On 3/1/2024 at 3:39 PM, TOUCAN said:

Gonna filibuster for a bit because it's my wife's birthday this weekend and she deserves the attention.

I'd say I'm sorry, but I'm not. If you get upset I haven't made my pick, just go touch grass.

5 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

God you guys are whiny.

Imagine making obnoxious, snide remarks about people before they even said a word about anything, and then being surprised that people memed your dumbass comment for the next 3 days 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Imagine making obnoxious, snide remarks about people before they even said a word about anything, and then being surprised that people memed your dumbass comment for the next 3 days 

Imagine INSTANTLY getting upset that someone wants to use their time. Happens every single season. "Oh Josh is picking, we have to wait to start".

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'd maybe be willing to take those comments from a owner if they have managed to win at least 6 games in a season before

I want to make this abundantly clear:

I couldn't care a single iota less about what comments you're willing to take.

3 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

You guys are rude to me every time the draft comes up.

In fairness, I don't think anyone would be rude to you if they felt that you were genuinely doing your best to pick. If you can't - if there's life stuff in the way - so be it, no biggie. But, instead of typing 20 characters to make your pick, you typed far more than that just to explain why you won't make your pick, and took a little shot at other owners before you left. It's obviously going to cause owners to respond.

But, we're good. You've added a bunch of talent so far, and still have two 1st round picks coming up. Drafting is fun.

3 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

In fairness, I don't think anyone would be rude to you if they felt that you were genuinely doing your best to pick. If you can't - if there's life stuff in the way - so be it, no biggie. But, instead of typing 20 characters to make your pick, you typed far more than that just to explain why you won't make your pick, and took a little shot at other owners before you left. It's obviously going to cause owners to respond.

But, we're good. You've added a bunch of talent so far, and still have two 1st round picks coming up. Drafting is fun.

Drafting is fun. You're right.

But who determines whether or not I am doing my best to pick? I don't do a list, I don't operate that way. I see what I need to fill in the moment, go to the players, and evaluate from there. Thats specifically subjective to whether someone else thinks I've made a good pick. I'm not running out here, taking up everyones time and saying "Okay well in the first round I want to take Todd Haley as my OC"

I can admit to being a bit of a jerk in the post, and for that, I will apologize. My intent was to joke, but with a nod to how I've been treated in the past by people who have ribbed me or come at me for not picking according to their schedule in lieu of the one that has been predetermined.

Could I have been nicer? Absolutely. Should I have been nicer? Yup.

Are my actions completely unjustified? Nope.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

Drafting is fun. You're right.

But who determines whether or not I am doing my best to pick? I don't do a list, I don't operate that way. I see what I need to fill in the moment, go to the players, and evaluate from there. Thats specifically subjective to whether someone else thinks I've made a good pick. I'm not running out here, taking up everyones time and saying "Okay well in the first round I want to take Todd Haley as my OC"

I can admit to being a bit of a jerk in the post, and for that, I will apologize. My intent was to joke, but with a nod to how I've been treated in the past by people who have ribbed me or come at me for not picking according to their schedule in lieu of the one that has been predetermined.

Could I have been nicer? Absolutely. Should I have been nicer? Yup.

Are my actions completely unjustified? Nope.

Well said.

48 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I just realized that the current Josh pick OTC was my original pick, which makes this delay my fault. That being the case, I feel that I owe the league an apology.

First and foremost, I take full responsibility for my actions. My behavior fell short of the standards that I strive to uphold, and for that, I am truly sorry.

I want to make it clear that I deeply regret what I did and the negative impact they may have had on the reputation of the league and the trust you all have placed in me. I understand the importance of maintaining a positive image both in and out of the sim, and I failed to live up to those expectations.

I am committed to learning from this experience and taking the necessary steps to ensure it doesn't happen again. I will be working closely with the other owners, the Ol' Nach, and any relevant professionals to address the underlying issues and make meaningful changes.

I know I have let you down, and I am determined to earn back your trust through my actions moving forward. I am committed to being a better owner, person, and representative of the values we hold dear.

Thank you for your understanding, and I appreciate the opportunity to grow and learn from this experience.

the good news is i own three of your first four picks next season so temptation should be slightly less

• Like 1

Just now, bcb1213 said:

the good news is i own three of your first four picks next season so temptation should be slightly less

I will give my first, and third born child, as well as a year supply of Frostys from Wendys in exchange for those picks.

7 minutes ago, TOUCAN said:

I will give my first, and third born child, as well as a year supply of Frostys from Wendys in exchange for those picks.

sorry, it's the second child I'm really after