Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

Just now, LAOJoe said:

What are the exact rules for retired and long unsigned players again? I can't find them and can't remember them anymore.

Players that have announced their retirement after the 2023-2024 NFL season will be removed before S28. They are available for S27.

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Players that have announced their retirement after the 2023-2024 NFL season will be removed before S28. They are available for S27.

And ones that announce late are there for 28 and removed 29 or 30?

Jason Kelce is gone now (and is on his final NSFL season). I expect Cox to follow suit soon (but I always knew he'd play this NSFL season at least).

But what was the rule on guys that just disappear without retiring? Is it just that they soon get **** in the sim?

Edited by LAOJoe

Just now, LAOJoe said:

Jason Kelce is gone now. I expect Cox to follow suit soon (but I always knew he'd play this NSFL season at least).

But what was the rule on guys that just disappear without retiring? Is it just that they soon get **** in the sim?

A player has to announce their retirement to be removed. A player that is inactive but has not officially retired can still be drafted/kept in NSFL, but their attributes will decline until they are removed from the sim. (Should be 2-3 real life years, depending on how quickly they get identified and removed.)

7 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

What are the exact rules for retired and long unsigned players again? I can't find them and can't remember them anymore.

Ā 

6 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Players who retired or not attempted to play professional football for at least two real-life years (effectively retired) since the start of the 2023 season are also ineligible, if that was the question.

Bear in mind that attributes of a player suffer "decay" for games missed so it is rarely advisable to field a player who hasn't played in over a season anyway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Jason Kelce is gone now (and is on his final NSFL season). I expect Cox to follow suit soon (but I always knew he'd play this NSFL season at least).

players who retire while on an NSFL roster during an even season after keepers are processed are removed from the NSFL at the end of that season or if they are cut at any point.

20 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

players who retire while on an NSFL roster during an even season after keepers are processed are removed from the NSFL at the end of that season or if they are cut at any point.

So if I understand this is Jason Kelce's last NSFL season no matter what. As for Flethcer Cox is it he is gone for S28 if he retires before S28 keepers are open to be tagged or before keepers are processed? Like if I tag him and then he retires just before the tag deadline is he gone or maybe only until I untag him?

6 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

So if I understand this is Jason Kelce's last NSFL season no matter what. As for Flethcer Cox is it he is gone for S28 if he retires before S28 keepers are open to be tagged or before keepers are processed? Like if I tag him and then he retires just before the tag deadline is he gone or maybe only until I untag him?

in the rare instance he retires right before the tag deadline while he's tagged id probably err on the side of it being fine

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Ā 

Players who retired or not attempted to play professional football for at least two real-life years (effectively retired) since the start of the 2023 season are also ineligible, if that was the question.

Bear in mind that attributes of a player suffer "decay" for games missed so it is rarely advisable to field a player who hasn't played in over a season anyway.

Well then. Probably shouldn't have kept Chubb. Or maybe this makes him 'average' now.