2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Then how does he make a "physical" catch on Green if he can't be touched? Lol. 

Because when the corner cant touch you, but you can touch them, it is easy to be more physical! lol 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lombardi said Schrader is already out snapping Guerendo in camp might already be ahead of Guerendo. Lol 😆 

Guerendo was an awful pick.  I'll say it now, I said it then, and I'll say it at the end of the year.  just an absolutely tone-deaf pick.  Turner gets a lot of credit for a lot, but he's whiffed big time on mid round RBs. 

49 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Lombardi said Schrader is already out snapping Guerendo in camp might already be ahead of Guerendo. Lol 😆 

This is one where a couple of posters were way ahead of my thinking (at least so far). Kudos. I'd have made the 9ers mistake, lol. I was damn right that Sione Vaki was drafted as an outside zone running back rather than a safety, though!

• Like 2

The Vikings just made Justin Jefferson the highest-paid non-quarterback in NFL history, but earlier this offseason there were some doubts as to whether the deal would get done. So before the draft, teams called the Vikings and tried to trade for Jefferson, and one of those teams was the 49ers according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"Never ever got close," Schefter said. "Some teams reached out. The New York Jets reached out about Justin Jefferson. The Indianapolis Colts reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that? The 49ers reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that?"

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-tried-to-trade-for-vikings-wr-justin-jefferson-this-offseason-01hzn80nche7#:~:text=So before the draft%2C teams,got close%2C" Schefter said.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Vikings just made Justin Jefferson the highest-paid non-quarterback in NFL history, but earlier this offseason there were some doubts as to whether the deal would get done. So before the draft, teams called the Vikings and tried to trade for Jefferson, and one of those teams was the 49ers according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.

"Never ever got close," Schefter said. "Some teams reached out. The New York Jets reached out about Justin Jefferson. The Indianapolis Colts reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that? The 49ers reached out about Justin Jefferson, you know that?"

https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/49ers-tried-to-trade-for-vikings-wr-justin-jefferson-this-offseason-01hzn80nche7#:~:text=So before the draft%2C teams,got close%2C" Schefter said.

We want aaaaaaall the receivers

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I appreciate the chutzpah, lol

• Like 1

and on the same subject...

Speaking at a press conference announcing the deal, Adofo-Mensah made it very clear that this deal and the future of Jefferson were never up in the air. He confirmed they never entertained any trade scenarios, while also stating that this process was never frustrating or prolonged. He explained it as a negotiation that started last offseason, took a break, and returned to it this offseason to finish it.

Kwesi: “There was never a second in my mind that we weren’t going to be here.”

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2024/06/05/vikings-gm-never-a-second-in-my-mind-justin-jefferson-extension-wouldnt-get-done/?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Guerendo was an awful pick.  I'll say it now, I said it then, and I'll say it at the end of the year.  just an absolutely tone-deaf pick.  Turner gets a lot of credit for a lot, but he's whiffed big time on mid round RBs. 

He's going to be a good FB lol 😆 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

and on the same subject...

Speaking at a press conference announcing the deal, Adofo-Mensah made it very clear that this deal and the future of Jefferson were never up in the air. He confirmed they never entertained any trade scenarios, while also stating that this process was never frustrating or prolonged. He explained it as a negotiation that started last offseason, took a break, and returned to it this offseason to finish it.

Kwesi: “There was never a second in my mind that we weren’t going to be here.”

https://vikingswire.usatoday.com/2024/06/05/vikings-gm-never-a-second-in-my-mind-justin-jefferson-extension-wouldnt-get-done/?

Really, really no reason to mess around with franchise players when you've got a QB on the rookie deal. We were there with Bosa last year.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

He's going to be a good FB lol 😆 

Yep, I saw Kyle say something like "He is a RB, but if you want to play RB you need to be able to do everything, so hes gotta learn how to do everything else besides run the ball first" in response to a question about if IG was a FB, and my first thought was, that was the most kyle way of saying that he is a FB but no one is allowed to know it yet lol. 

Or maybe it was Kyle just being unhappy that anyone was questioning his RB picks, but I think it is far more likely that IG will be the Juice replacement next year, but that they don't want to rock the boat from a personal relationship standpoint because Juice is so popular inside the building, and that they want IG to learn "everything" in the meantime. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Really, really no reason to mess around with franchise players when you've got a QB on the rookie deal. We were there with Bosa last year.

and i'm not trying to hijack this thread to be about Jefferson and the Vikings, but he's showing soooo much maturity and leadership and big picture understanding now too. c'mon in to the Vikings forum to our Jefferson thread if you want to read quotes from him on the subject and the responsibilities he feels he has now. we love guests.

• Like 1