2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

MM thinks the Aiyuk thing is "different" than previous contract negotiations

Silver said something to the effect that he thinks if you gave shanny truth serum, he wouldn't include Aiyuk as a guy you had to have to win a super bowl. 

Beat writers putting it out there lol

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

MM thinks the Aiyuk thing is "different" than previous contract negotiations

Silver said something to the effect that he thinks if you gave shanny truth serum, he wouldn't include Aiyuk as a guy you had to have to win a super bowl. 

Beat writers putting it out there lol

they have leverage. they can play the dude for 2 more years without a long term deal.  Honestly, wouldn't be the worst scenario.  

Will Aiyuk raise a stink?  Probably, but ultimately he'll also be playing to raise his own stock and prove himself even more. 

24 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

they have leverage. they can play the dude for 2 more years without a long term deal.  Honestly, wouldn't be the worst scenario.  

Will Aiyuk raise a stink?  Probably, but ultimately he'll also be playing to raise his own stock and prove himself even more. 

If they tag him next year, they are going to move around some stuff and I think it would likely be to trade him, tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If they tag him next year, they are going to move around some stuff and I think it would likely be to trade him, tbh

so they would keep Deebo?  you gotta keep one of them. 

1 minute ago, WhyAmIHere said:

so they would keep Deebo?  you gotta keep one of them. 

That would be my guess. That was also the suggestion silver made a few days ago

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Forge said:

That would be my guess. That was also the suggestion silver made a few days ago

Hmm, it's an idea.  I freaking LOVE Pearsall but I don't see him as a consistent X though...but maybe Cowing can be an outside guy..who knows.  I mean Aiyuk isn't really a deep speed guy either, him and Pearsall have very similar skillsets.  

All that money for Aiyuk could be used is a lot of other places (OL/DL), it's enticing.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere

If we move on from BA it’d be awesome to get a 2025 first. Having two ones next year would be fantastic, especially if the team that traded their one bombs. Pretty sure next year is a pretty heavy OT class.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

If we move on from BA it’d be awesome to get a 2025 first. Having two ones next year would be fantastic, especially if the team that traded their one bombs. Pretty sure next year is a pretty heavy OT class.

My assumption would be they would have BA play out this year under contract, and then trade him.  

Trading him now would be kind of dumb considering they could've just traded him before the draft.  I dunno if they'll ever get a 1 for him, but I could see like a 2 and a 4.  

4 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

My assumption would be they would have BA play out this year under contract, and then trade him.  

Trading him now would be kind of dumb considering they could've just traded him before the draft.  I dunno if they'll ever get a 1 for him, but I could see like a 2 and a 4.  

Agreed that it doesn’t make sense to trade BA at this point, just saying that if we do we need to get a future first. 

I just read something by Bree mentioning trading Deebo, which would be my preference and mentioned the Jets going all in and offering a 1 for him. I would be all over that if it was offered. I would be shocked if we got a 1 for Deebo, but it’d make me very happy.

He also alluded to the DeFo/Armstead situation as why we may have to trade one of them. I really we make the right choice this time and don’t keep the injury prone guy and ship off the better player who can stay on the field.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I'd wager he gets a second. I think Frank Clark got a first when he was tagged and traded, but for the life of me I can't think of anyone else. That's a lot of second / third round returns if I remember right. I think you lose some leverage when you're trying the tag and trade. 

TJ Housh is coaching BA and said he would sign for the Amon Ra contract.  I think the Niners should go ahead and do it.  I think ARSTB is better than Aiyuk by a small bit, but I also think the contract is structured in a pretty good way.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Silver apparently said the niners are in the 26 range for him

And TJ whosyamama said that aiyuk would take the Amon ra deal, which is funny because, 26 IS the Amon ra deal! 

Amon ra has a final year 41m not guaranteed. I will give that to aiyuk as well lol fine, whatever. Who cares. Either we extend him again by then or we cut/trade him. That's fine lol 

Give him a 6 year 500,000,000,000 deal, with the final year being 499,950,000,000 of non-guaranteed money LOL 

Was this the only HL the 49ers posted? Because it is the only one that I see from mini camp. Deebo had a very good season last year and should be even better this upcoming season. It does not look like he has a long-term future on this team past this year but I hope he ends it with a bang. 

12 hours ago, Forge said:

Silver apparently said the niners are in the 26 range for him

That would have been the low end of what was expected till the contracts rolled in (I expected this was going to be 30 apy the whole way and have also thought it was the correct move the whole way). I'll be interested if that 26 is their usual relatively low early number before the final push or if it's the actual final number. Because 26 ain't getting it done at this point.

• Like 1