2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

Signing DJ Reader is a pretty good move.  The Lions let Benito Jones test free agency but he wasn't much more than a space-filler.  DJ Reader will be more disruptive.  If they add Khristian Boyd in the draft it will solidify the middle of our D-Line. 

I am hoping they sign a safety such as Justin Simmons, Kamren Curl or Jordan Fuller.  That will give us additions that improve our defense at all three levels. 

Edited by Just Want A Title

2 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

Signing DJ Reader is a pretty good move.  The Lions let Benito Jones test free agency but he wasn't much more than a space-filler.  DJ Reader will be more disruptive.

Is Jones an FA? Don't think I noticed. 

That would make me even more interested in Sweat as backup to Reader and future replacement. Keep both guys healthy playing on a snap count. That's over 1,000 lbs of dude manning the middle. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Karnage84 said:

Is Jones an FA? Don't think I noticed. 

That would make me even more interested in Sweat as backup to Reader and future replacement. Keep both guys healthy playing on a snap count. That's over 1,000 lbs of dude manning the middle. 

Benito Jones signed with the Dolphins.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/dolphins-agree-to-terms-with-benito-jones

Jones signs with Miami. He was okay but Reader is a big upgrade. 

Also happy with Armstead going to Jags. Wanted no part of him in our locker room. 

G, WR, S and EDGE would still be good laces to look in FA. 

Top FA right now for me is Mike Williams.  I know he's one more injured FA but i think on a one year deal would be huge.  Plus since he was released I don't think he counts toward the comp formula.  And after the one year will probably garner us another pick.

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

Top FA right now for me is Mike Williams.  I know he's one more injured FA but i think on a one year deal would be huge.  Plus since he was released I don't think he counts toward the comp formula.  And after the one year will probably garner us another pick.

I’d just get a guy in the draft…….Brian thomas, Ja’lynn Polk, Adonai Mitchell, Johnny Wilson…….any of those guys will do.

5 minutes ago, Miblue said:

Mike Danna would be a good finishing touch to FA

I am surprised he is still available.  For me, what complicates an EDGE signing is Josh Pascal.  He made some really good plays late in the year.  I don't know if he is a rotational player like John Cominsky or a true starting DE.  Mike Danna is a bit under-sized but has shown himself to be a solid DE for sure.

14 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I really like Ricky Pearsall to replace Josh Reynolds. 

The Lions have done a pretty solid job of addressing needs even if they haven't made any splash signings.  It is getting harder for me to see them trading up in the draft for anyone unless something totally unexpected happens.

14 minutes ago, Gridirongrit said:

how does DJ Reader elevate the defense?

He eats up double teams which allows others to go one on one. Expect the pass rush games of Hutch and McNeill to elevate this season.