2024 Offseason Tracker

General Tso

9 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Vikings and Texans have swapped picks.

Vikings now hold picks #11 and #23. This looks a lot like ammo for a trade up to #2 or #3. 

This doesn't surprise me.  Houston has been signing a ton of quality players.  One potential consequence is that they will have a lot of trade ammunition if they want to trade back into the 1st round at 29.

11 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:

Vikings now hold picks #11 and #23. This looks a lot like ammo for a trade up to #2 or #3. 

Mortgaging the future to get JJ McCarthy is crazy.

17 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

The Lions have done a pretty solid job of addressing needs even if they haven't made any splash signings.  It is getting harder for me to see them trading up in the draft for anyone unless something totally unexpected happens.

Most likely this is correct but i could also see them going up to get Verse.  I have a feeling Denver is a sweet spot to trade.  He could be there and they appear to be tanking for next year.  They might want to aquire draft capital since they are low on picks.

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

FA CB Tavierre Thomas is visiting Detroit. I don’t know anything about him. 

Has played mostly in the slot.  Originally from Ferris State so would be coming back to MI.  

Has had a decent three year stretch in Houston as a depth slot CB.  Solid tackler and run defender so makes sense.  Would likely be a backup to Brian Branch if we sign him.  Assuming if we do, it will be a cheap deal that has little to nothing guaranteed.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Has played mostly in the slot.  Originally from Ferris State so would be coming back to MI.  

Has had a decent three year stretch in Houston as a depth slot CB.  Solid tackler and run defender so makes sense.  Would likely be a backup to Brian Branch if we sign him.  Assuming if we do, it will be a cheap deal that has little to nothing guaranteed.  

It seems like the not-so-great tackling was noticed by Brad Holmes.  His missed-tackle-rate for the last three years:  5.5%, 6.8% and 8.9%.  Solid numbers.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/ThomTa01.htm

• Like 3

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

Wow, Aaron Donald retiring.  Thats a tough blow to the Rams and sad to see another all time great leave the game.  Still sad we passed on him in the draft but then we likely wouldn't be where we are now.  

He's been teasing retirement for a couple years now. One of the all time greats. Enjoy retirement AD.

1 minute ago, Nnivolcm said:

He's been teasing retirement for a couple years now. One of the all time greats. Enjoy retirement AD.

Yeah, sort of expected soon but not this soon.  Figured with the Rams getting healthy and looking like they may have a chance to compete would keep him interested another year or two.  

29 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Yeah, sort of expected soon but not this soon.  Figured with the Rams getting healthy and looking like they may have a chance to compete would keep him interested another year or two.  

I wonder what kind of impact that has on the Rams salary cap.  Based on what is on OTC it cant be good.

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-donald/2952

40 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I wonder what kind of impact that has on the Rams salary cap.  Based on what is on OTC it cant be good.

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-donald/2952

Reading things over - he has $24M in bonuses (pro-rated signing bonus) that they may not have to pay. 

I'm guessing he would still count against their cap in a big way ($24M) this year unless he agreed to take a paycut?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

I dont think they have to go to 2 or 3 for McCarthy.  I dont think he makes it to 11 but I think he will be 3rd QB taken