F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

8 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

just hope it is not Brock Bowers. I would be so mad at this because NO TE is worth a pick in the first 3 rounds.

I am getting the feeling you frown upon early round TE’s. Maybe I’m wrong. It’s just a feeling. 

I am OK with what the Jets have done so far, but so much will depend upon the draft, particularly round 1. I like the Simpson pick. He is young as has shown he can be at least an average starting OG. I like the Fotu, Z, Morestead, and Taylor signings. Good with Moses trade. Not a fan of the Kinlaw move (JD has got to tell Saleh “NO” to less than mediocre ex SF defenders).  If Mike Williams comes cheap and no more than two years, OK. IMO, Boyd would be a better signing depending on $.

We absolutely need to draft a OT in round 1. Who is playing LT when Smith misses games?  Warren?  Same at RT where I am more comfy with Warren there than at LT. Get our future LT now. WR would be OK but I firmly believe having two young studs at WR causes locker room problems. We do not need another stud, we need a good WR2.  Williams would be good but again, it will be about the $. Let’s also not forget Princess Aaron is not a fan of rookie WR’s so I suspect the rooks impact will be less than what we expect.  Trade down? Perhaps, but the long time suffering Jet fan in me tells me that it will backfire.  Aside from Breece, we suck at SRP’s anyway. Don’t **** around JD, draft the best OT at 10. 

18 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I honestly don't see lazy route running at all. He may not be Garrett Wilson, we've seen guys with his style succeed in the NFL in recent years. He probably won't be up there with Harrison, but I think he will be one of the top-4 best performing WRs in this class. 

I dont know why I said lazy. lol.  I mean the way he runs routes he is very readable to defense. That is why he has showed some extra gear to create himself available to catch football.  That is something he should not continue at next level. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

After reading all the post for the last 24 hours, the players we have been going after are all guys in their thirties, it sure looks like this team is built for Arron Rodgers for one last stand to get back into the SB. If this plan fails, look at the mess we will be in two years. You're not going to fool the people on this board their just to smart.

Only the Tackles we added were in their 30’s

54 minutes ago, xrade said:

I am OK with what the Jets have done so far, but so much will depend upon the draft, particularly round 1. I like the Simpson pick. He is young as has shown he can be at least an average starting OG. I like the Fotu, Z, Morestead, and Taylor signings. Good with Moses trade. Not a fan of the Kinlaw move (JD has got to tell Saleh “NO” to less than mediocre ex SF defenders).  If Mike Williams comes cheap and no more than two years, OK. IMO, Boyd would be a better signing depending on $.

We absolutely need to draft a OT in round 1. Who is playing LT when Smith misses games?  Warren?  Same at RT where I am more comfy with Warren there than at LT. Get our future LT now. WR would be OK but I firmly believe having two young studs at WR causes locker room problems. We do not need another stud, we need a good WR2.  Williams would be good but again, it will be about the $. Let’s also not forget Princess Aaron is not a fan of rookie WR’s so I suspect the rooks impact will be less than what we expect.  Trade down? Perhaps, but the long time suffering Jet fan in me tells me that it will backfire.  Aside from Breece, we suck at SRP’s anyway. Don’t **** around JD, draft the best OT at 10. 

For top 10, non starting prospect should be a playmaker, not OL.    Thus, trading down is Jets' best option if they want to bolster OL room with higher upside prospects.

• Like 2

This far this offseason seems pretty impressive to me. We literally added 2 opf the top rated tackles, a decent guard and spent less than what some teams paid for a singular linemen. 

If they see Carter warren as our future at RT we can draft BPA trade down, its so much better than needing anyone. We obviously want to run more based on the moves. 

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

For top 10, non starting prospect should be a playmaker, not OL.    Thus, trading down is Jets' best option if they want to bolster OL room with higher upside prospects.

Disagree. OL is just as important, if not more so, than any playmaker. How did dropping only one spot work out last year?

3 hours ago, xrade said:

And just what do you think FA is?  Do you think teams are going to release good, young players?  No, what FA is and has always been are older players make big $ that the current team can’t afford. Or players that can’t stay healthy. Or players that just are not good. That’s it.

Think again what about S Barkley 26 years old gone to Philly.  Some Jets players over the years Curtis Martin 27 years old went from the Pats to the Jets, James Farrior, 27 years old when from the Jets to the Steelers AND THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL JOHN RIGGENS 26 YEARS OLD went to the Redskins & the HOF. That was the biggest ****  UP IN Jets HISTORY.

What happens if we pick up a top WR in the FA market, then what's the thinking for our tenth pick in the draft. I always hated trading down when you have a top ten pick, but I do want that second round pick back. Is the best pick the safe pick on the Offensive line?

38 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Think again what about S Barkley 26 years old gone to Philly.  Some Jets players over the years Curtis Martin 27 years old went from the Pats to the Jets, James Farrior, 27 years old when from the Jets to the Steelers AND THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL JOHN RIGGENS 26 YEARS OLD went to the Redskins & the HOF. That was the biggest ****  UP IN Jets HISTORY.

And how many SB’s have they won?  A team’s goal is not to win the offseason, as the Jets frequently do, but to win a championship.  Building through FA does not work. Never has.

• Like 2

Im honestly hoping we trade down. I think there will be so much talent sitting at 10 we will be able to pick and choose where we go. Hoping we can somehow trade down and pick up a second and maybe more. We may still have a shot at Bowers after trading down and if not theres a ton of tackles that will be available in the teens. No better way to get ready than to sit behind a legend at LT for a year.

Id love to trade down with indy, dump zach on them then grab Bowers at 15, Penix at 46 and D Walker at 72. 

Theres plenty of second tier tackles in the 4th and 5th like Sataoa Laumea and Roger Rosengarten we could draft