F.A. Move prior to the NFL Draft

Big T

Just now, rickyt31 said:

We really got Mike Williams. This is amazing. JD is killing it. 

I temporarily retract all my JD hate till next offseason, he’s done a fantastic job this offseason given the limited cap space

1 minute ago, Dr.O said:

I temporarily retract all my JD hate till next offseason, he’s done a fantastic job this offseason given the limited cap space

He's correcting his mistakes. If Saleh is bad, I might be willing to give him one more chance to correct his last mistake. Might. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He's correcting his mistakes. If Saleh is bad, I might be willing to give him one more chance to correct his last mistake. Might. 

Same

I had struggled to get in here for a good 10 minutes.  How the hell did you guys manage to log in promptly?   Me jealous!😖

Anyways, Jets now need to sign Tyler Boyd to be our slot WR.  That would be a complete offensive unit for Rodgers in 2024.  Don't be afraid.  Just do it, JD.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We can skip it and then complain when someone turns out to be good. If they feel like they see star potential in a QB, I'm not against it. Jordan Love almost broke our Franchise records last season. Every year we say there aren't any good QBs, we miss on a franchise QB or we select the wrong one and force them into starting early. 

I'd rather go WR if we did trade up, but I'm keeping my mind open for QB. 

But why does a QB have to be taken in round 1?  Draft on in round 3 or day three and let him learn behind Rodgers for two years. Let’s also not pretend his Lordship won’t pout. I am sure he will want OL, WR or Bowers. 

We're looking at Wilson, Williams, Lazard/Davis, Hall, Rodgers, AVT, Conk, and Smith on this offense. Defensively, we can still be good without Huff and a solid draft. 

Curious to see if we add Clowney on a cheap deal. Then we can just focus on the draft. 

I love the Mike Williams pick up. Now the Jets are open to anything during the draft. My biggest fear is Brock Bowers is the pick. You guys know how much I hate this. I think if JJ is there I would take him. If one of the big 3 WR are there take one of them. If one of those QB's fall to the Jets you have to take them or get a massive deal for a trade down where they get a first next year. JJ, Williams, Maye, Daniels there you take them. I will also add I have been on JD side the whole time and I said 2 years ago we have the wrong HC. Give JD one more shot at a HC. 

6 minutes ago, xrade said:

But why does a QB have to be taken in round 1?  Draft on in round 3 or day three and let him learn behind Rodgers for two years. Let’s also not pretend his Lordship won’t pout. I am sure he will want OL, WR or Bowers. 

I'm just saying if JD feels like he sees a Franchise QB , I don't blame him for going for it. In general, it doesn't have to be a first round pick. I want Milton, but if we're in position to get good QB and put him behind one of the best, there is no way I'm getting mad about that. 

I know a lot of people don't think some of these QBs are special, but the same was said for Allen, Herbert, Mahomes, and others didn't either. 

If Rodgers plays for 2 more years, we get a good QB on a rookie deal with a talented surrounding. I'm open to OL, WR, TE, and Defense in the first round. As long as the player is good, we're good. 

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Sorry, switching my draft talk to the right thread. lol

We have a draft thread? 

Anyway, this signing of Williams really signals to me that the pick is going to be offensive line. We still need depth and neither of Moses or Smith are long term options. Getting a top tier guy in there to rotate in and get ready is huge.

Wrs can be gotten a bit later. 

I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade down and I do think Bowers is in play.

I'd much prefer a mid round pick on a QB than using a first.

12 minutes ago, drew39k said:

We still need depth and neither of Moses or Smith are long term options

Smith is only a one year deal. We will need a starting LT next year. If JD is serious about fixing the OL, then OL needs to be the pick. We are also going to need a quality backup for when either Smith or Moses misses time. It is inevitable.