CUT / RE-SIGNED / FA ADDED

mwalker

On 3/17/2024 at 9:31 AM, 3rivers said:

Patterson could help add a few plays and help the revamped ST. He won't have Harvin shanking punts in practice either 

Patterson is someone I would love to bring on. Even if it’s just to be a ST guy. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm with you guys on that. I've liked Patterson his whole career. 

Yes I mentioned him right after the Smith hiring as a good RB3 this year…capable in both the run game and passing game.

My guess is that they sign him after the draft if they don’t take one in the mid rounds.

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Steelers signed former Eagles WR Quez Watkins. He is fast (4.35) but plays even faster. I was wondering why he was still available. This is a really good signing and that WR room is legit fast!

“Slowest” guy is Pickens and he’s a mid 4.4 guy. This Watkins guy is probably better than Van Jefferson is my guess. Maybe they’re going away from big bodied ST guys to be the back of the WR room.

2 hours ago, armsteeld said:

Steelers signed former Eagles WR Quez Watkins. He is fast (4.35) but plays even faster. I was wondering why he was still available. This is a really good signing and that WR room is legit fast!

Yes, yes, yes. Big, fast receiver now to be added in the draft and/or a run after the catch monster. To me, Watkins is the primary slot, Jefferson and Austin could be moved around inside and out. I see the Steelers drafting an outside guy to compete for WR2. Don't sleep on Mim's though. Pickens, Rookie, Watkins, Jefferson, Austin and Mims would be your top 6 going into the preseason. If he doesn't show much more, Austin might end up on the practice squad...need a returner though.

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

“Slowest” guy is Pickens and he’s a mid 4.4 guy. This Watkins guy is probably better than Van Jefferson is my guess. Maybe they’re going away from big bodied ST guys to be the back of the WR room.

He was quickly replaced in Philly but to me he was a solid guy for them. I remember how badly he beat Cam Sutton on a go route that was slightly overthrown. I love the approach the Steelers are building around. They want a solid run game but have the WRs to really damage a defense that wants to place 8 in the box. Smart move imo.

1 hour ago, rlon said:

Yes, yes, yes. Big, fast receiver now to be added in the draft and/or a run after the catch monster. To me, Watkins is the primary slot, Jefferson and Austin could be moved around inside and out. I see the Steelers drafting an outside guy to compete for WR2. Don't sleep on Mim's though. Pickens, Rookie, Watkins, Jefferson, Austin and Mims would be your top 6 going into the preseason. If he doesn't show much more, Austin might end up on the practice squad...need a returner though.

I like how they're getting players who are similar in play style. Normally, a team will get one speedster and then if that guy is hurt, the scheme falls apart. The Steelers are really being smart with the WR grouping.

this is a good signing. Him  added to the offence could be an x-factor for smith.  I like the 2 year deal unless he goes gunner on us.  Much better than gunner or anyone we have had in ages PR/KR .  

still hoping they sign Howard and then C.Williams but we all know Moore will be starting at LT 

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

bakhtiari

what would he cost and is he strictly LT?

That guy is just collecting paychecks anymore. Gaming the system on his old reputation if anything. He's missed more games than hes played over the last 4 years . A lot more, and in many of the games he has actually played hes missed a good deal of snaps.

• Like 2