CUT / RE-SIGNED / FA ADDED

mwalker

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Definitely my favorite move so far.

He is only 26 and Miami fans wanted to keep him.

At least that takes safety off the board.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

He is only 26 and Miami fans wanted to keep him.

At least that takes safety off the board.

It shouldn't. He's all gas no brakes which results in a history of injuries. I'd still look at a mid to late round guy similar to Elliott. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

It shouldn't. He's all gas no brakes which results in a history of injuries. I'd still look at a mid to late round guy similar to Elliott. 

I mainly just meant we don't HAVE to take one.   If there is a depth or developmental guy they like on day 3, it could happen.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

I mainly just meant we don't HAVE to take one.   If there is a depth or developmental guy they like on day 3, it could happen.

Next year might be a better safety class too. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how much is Xavien Howard going to get when he signs with a team?

I would think it won’t be a lot. He’s pretty old for a CB. I think he struggles with injuries too. But with the way contracts are looking this off-season, it might be a bigger money deal. 

Steelers should sign former Browns ILB Jacob Phillips who was Patrick Queen's teammate at LSU. Phillips, a big hitter, could play on STs & could be depth behind Queen, Elandon Roberts, Mark Robinson, & Cole Holcomb who is still recovering from an injury.

I know Roberts loves to play STs but will the Steelers keep 3 ILBs whom they are paying as starters? How much more patience do they have in Robinson? Phillips is young, fast, inexpensive, and plays the game the right way. I feel the ILB room will make a couple changes before and after the draft.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Steelers should sign former Browns ILB Jacob Phillips who was Patrick Queen's teammate at LSU. Phillips, a big hitter, could play on STs & could be depth behind Queen, Elandon Roberts, Mark Robinson, & Cole Holcomb who is still recovering from an injury.

I know Roberts loves to play STs but will the Steelers keep 3 ILBs whom they are paying as starters? How much more patience do they have in Robinson? Phillips is young, fast, inexpensive, and plays the game the right way. I feel the ILB room will make a couple changes before and after the draft.

I’m expecting the last Ilb move to be a late one. 

• Like 1

Will the Steelers sign Feleipe Franks who was current Offensive Coordinator Arthur Smith's backup QB in Atlanta? Normally OCs sign a couple former players to help teach their systems. I love the upside of Joe Milton but since we have Fields, QB is day 3 to priority free agent for me. Give me Franks as the number 3 or he can be the 4 QB at camp.

Another former Falcon player who could be signed is KR/RB Cordarelle Patterson.