CUT / RE-SIGNED / FA ADDED

mwalker

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

Will the Steelers sign Feleipe Franks who was current Offensive Coordinator Arthur Smith's backup QB in Atlanta? Normally OCs sign a couple former players to help teach their systems. I love the upside of Joe Milton but since we have Fields, QB is day 3 to priority free agent for me. Give me Franks as the number 3 or he can be the 4 QB at camp.

Another former Falcon player who could be signed is KR/RB Cordarelle Patterson.

Patterson could help add a few plays and help the revamped ST. He won't have Harvin shanking punts in practice either 

CB Donte Jackson is someone that most Steelers fans are sleeping on. Ignore what these pundits say as this guy has it all to be a stud at CB. He's a faster version of Joe Haden. With our pass rush, I expect big results from Donte. He's gonna erase all doubts.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

CB Donte Jackson is someone that most Steelers fans are sleeping on. Ignore what these pundits say as this guy has it all to be a stud at CB. He's a faster version of Joe Haden. With our pass rush, I expect big results from Donte. He's gonna erase all doubts.

Love to hear it, as I think Jackson is a dog. I think the main thing for me is getting more stout in the trenches and faster at the skill positions. This signing , and possibly a draft pick, will definitely increase the speed of out secondary, and Queen is faster than any of our other linebackers. I am really hoping they get Isaiah Simmons, as the defensive cherry on top. On the other side of the ball, I’d like to see home run threats drafted at WR and running back, as well, but not if they are shrimps. No more 5’8” and below offensive skill position players please…

• Like 1

Just now, rlon said:

Love to hear it, as I think Jackson is a dog. I think the main thing for me is getting more stout in the trenches and faster at the skill positions. This signing , and possibly a draft pick, will definitely increase the speed of out secondary, and Queen is faster than any of our other linebackers. I am really hoping they get Isaiah Simmons, as the defensive cherry on top. On the other side of the ball, I’d like to see home run threats drafted at WR and running back, as well, but not if they are shrimps. No more 5’8” and below offensive skill position players please…

Agreed except the size at WR. It's all about how they're being used. Pats were beasts with small quicker than fast WRs. Regarding Simmons, did he hit the free agency? I know the Giants declined his 5th year option but I don't see him listed anywhere. 

4 minutes ago, armsteeld said:

Agreed except the size at WR. It's all about how they're being used. Pats were beasts with small quicker than fast WRs. Regarding Simmons, did he hit the free agency? I know the Giants declined his 5th year option but I don't see him listed anywhere. 

I think the Seahawks just had him and another player in on a visit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rlon said:

I think the Seahawks just had him and another player in on a visit.

Problem with that is Simmons is someone you have to pay. I can see him getting upwards of 8 million/year. I know he's big and fast but that's all I know. Is Simmons even a good fit? I've only watched the Cardinals a couple of times so I'm unfamiliar with his style of play.

On 3/17/2024 at 12:37 PM, armsteeld said:

Problem with that is Simmons is someone you have to pay. I can see him getting upwards of 8 million/year. I know he's big and fast but that's all I know. Is Simmons even a good fit? I've only watched the Cardinals a couple of times so I'm unfamiliar with his style of play.

He's an athletic comparison to Terrell Edmonds, except he plays ILB.  He is actually pretty good in coverage and is the type of athletic Super Freak that Mike Tomlin typically likes. He is a guy who has that tweener label and just hasn't found the right fit. No doubt that despite the great tools, he has not produced like one would think he would/should with his tools.  I believe a lot of that has to do with scheme and coaching.

On 3/17/2024 at 11:37 AM, armsteeld said:

I don’t think Simmons will actually get paid. He’s not been anything special. I could see him signing a Kwon Alexander type deal later in FA.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t think Simmons will actually get paid. He’s not been anything special. I could see him signing a Kwon Alexander type deal later in FA.

You say he hasn't been special but have you looked at his production? It screams special especially for a young talent like Simmons.

1 hour ago, armsteeld said:

You say he hasn't been special but have you looked at his production? It screams special especially for a young talent like Simmons.

Arizona declined his 5th year the traded him for a 7th. Then he didn’t have that big of an impact with the giants. I bet he signs for closer $5, but maybe even lower. His career is trending downward right now. I don’t think he’s in a position to be asking a lot. The ILB market is super devalued. At $8M a season, Simmons would be the 8th highest paid ILB in the league. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Arizona declined his 5th year the traded him for a 7th. Then he didn’t have that big of an impact with the giants. I bet he signs for closer $5, but maybe even lower. His career is trending downward right now. I don’t think he’s in a position to be asking a lot. The ILB market is super devalued. At $8M a season, Simmons would be the 8th highest paid ILB in the league. 

He played soft in Arizona from what I could see, lot more like a DB than an LB.

33 minutes ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Its seeming to me that there could definitely be scenarios where the Steelers phone is ringing on Day 2 about the availability of either of their QBs..

Unless they get a great offer they can't pass on, they would be much better off waiting until after the final presentation game to trade one....for numerous reasons.

But I felt from the beginning they might flip one of them.

10 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Its seeming to me that there could definitely be scenarios where the Steelers phone is ringing on Day 2 about the availability of either of their QBs..

Wow I never thought of that. Imagine a Jets/Rodgers situation happens and Kahn flips Russ for a 3rd.