Pre-Combine OFFseason MOCK

SLCbear

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

That picture brought back some memories from law school.  

I listened to audio of book the movie was based on (also called Forest Gump) while doing a temp job in between my 2nd and 3rd year of law school.  It was for American Medical Association downtown Chicago.   Shows how old I am.  The job was checking hyperlinks were accurate in a journal they were putting online.  AMA building had the best cafeteria.  Food was better than most restaurants.  

The Forest Gump of book was a big dude.  He didn't look much like Tom Hanks.   Movie was actually one of very few adaptations I have ever seen that is arguably better than the book it is based on.  

The first book to movie adaptation I really read was Silence of the Lambs in junior high, I loved horror and thrillers and Hopkins' performance was just perfect. But the book actually shocked me at times, like it was very clear that I shouldn't have been reading it. Way more mature than I was expecting, plus a lot of differences with characters, and a complete different ending too in the Hannibal book. lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

The first book to movie adaptation I really read was Silence of the Lambs in junior high, I loved horror and thrillers and Hopkins' performance was just perfect. But the book actually shocked me at times, like it was very clear that I shouldn't have been reading it. Way more mature than I was expecting, plus a lot of differences with characters, and a complete different ending too in the Hannibal book. lol

Don't read The Wasp Factory. Or do. 

21 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I didn’t read silence of lambs, but I read a sequel.  Red Dragon or something like that.   South Park did a spoof on it later that was really funny.  

Just now, dll2000 said:

I didn’t read silence of lambs, but I read a sequel.  Red Dragon or something like that.   South Park did a spoof on it later that was really funny.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Will Graham in the books was a WAY better fleshed out character too. In the movie he was just the protagonist by happenstance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Will Graham in the books was a WAY better fleshed out character too. In the movie he was just the protagonist by happenstance.

Hugh D'ancy did a good job with the character in the series Hannibal opposite Mads Mikkelsen as Lecter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparky151 said:

Hugh D'ancy did a good job with the character in the series Hannibal opposite Mads Mikkelsen as Lecter. 

I've seen clips but havemt watched the series yet. Definitely looking forward to it though.

On 3/1/2024 at 9:27 AM, AZBearsFan said:

How is their situation any different than ours except that they already know they have a legit QB where it’ll be a question for us at least in 2024? We need to add several capable starters too.

Again, I get the argument for bringing in Evans, and we certainly have the means financially. I just don’t see it happening. 

Diff is we only have Jaylen to pay right now and have plenty of cap for his franchise 19.8 tag. According to sportrac, over half of HOUs current roster (27) are UFAs

Jaylen is my favorite player but I'm still tagging his a**. Played out of his mind in the contract year, still misses games. I want to see this level of production for another season at LEaST before I break the bank  ...and I would love to see him play an entire season 

Posted (edited)
On 3/2/2024 at 7:58 AM, AZBearsFan said:

Welp. 

Yea this does not describe us very well ha ha 

Doesn't really describe AnY situation league wide. Closest are prob KC and HoU. Can KC move that much money around ?? Looking like they will come to terms with Jones and Evans is not going to be paid like a top WR there.

Houston has the cap space but also have a lot of their own FAs to sign or replace. 

Maybe TB figures out a way to keep him. He only leaves TB for more $ and very few teams are able to realistically pay him what he wants, and the teams that CaN pay him do not look like what is being described here.

I can see him taking a paycut to play in KC but hard to imagine a paycut anywhere else

Edited by SLCbear