Pre-Combine OFFseason MOCK

SLCbear

80-85m roughly CAP-Space 

FA Additions:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYWYKq7jy54NtY3xKhW_5

Mike Evans (just out bid everyone else, make him our top FA target). HOFer, all 10 seasons 1000+yds, elite Red-Zone target, durable. He will outperform ANY contract ! 3/90-95 or 4/105,  get it DoNE ✔️ 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj8fxDQzKxc5B0yir4Shc

Saquon Barkley. 2/25 or 3/30, another receiving threat, Elite 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFwZBNmTFY4erG6WHFOGs

Geno Stone. 3/27 Still young, ballhawk.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ064BVzEsVuOQPNY3_-a4

Tyrod Taylor 2/10

Franchise-Tag for Jaylen. 1/19.8

Roughly 72 Million of Cap spent. 

DRAFT:

JF to AtL for 43 & 109

1.9 to LV (they get their QB) for 13 & 44

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXuyBsdqNSWu1hnvB_pik

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSJnm8-YuxWxvexB8wzeiF

TEs always fall in the Draft ❤️

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4zHvPjWfM4iS0D6SgjaK

Darius Robinson 6'5 291

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZHkrDQni8uZ0NJwkqEtZ

Graham Barton 6'5 309 nasty. Can play all 5, technician 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIb8GVk3hbsMcSre18vLG

Leonard Taylor lll, TREMENDISTA upside thrown into DL rotation. Explosive get-off

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUX59mZMURKlDhSpsU4Ul

Kitan Oladapo S ❤️ Brisker always dinged-up.   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNW2zggd6u30CugG7koq0

Sedrick van Pran. Battle it out with Barton for C, loser provides EXcELLeNT DEPTH

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSV-SjuRgQynepA0_is2_J

Brendon Rice. Upside, pedigree, familiarity 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJEltmAOo-Xea-mEv5Xr0

Tory Tayor P

Roster: 

QB Caleb Williams, Tyrod Taylor, Tyson Bagent

WR DJ, Mike Evans, Tyler Scott, Brendon Rice, cheap vet FA or EQ, KR 

RB Saquon, Roschon, KH

T  Braxton Jones, Darnell Wright, Graham Barton, Larry Borom or cheap vet

IOL Teven Jenkins, Van Pran, Nate Davis (Graham Barton) Ja'Tyre Carter, Feeney or Kramer or cheap vet

TE Brock Bowers, Cole Kmet, Marcedes Lewis

DE Sweat, Darius Robinson, Walker, cheap vet hopefully Clowney 

IDL Andrew Billings, Gervon Dexter, Zaach Pickens, Leonard Taylor

LB Edmunds, TJ, Sanborn, Noah Sewell, ?

CB Jaylen Johnson, Tyrique Stevenson, Kyler Gordon Terrell Smith, ? 

S Jaquon Brisker, Geno Stone, Kitan Oladapo, cheap vet

ST Santos, Tory Taylor, Scales

Edited by SLCbear
  • Like 1

There's a big falloff at WR after Evans. Maybe instead of paying Evans 30 mil, sign Tyler Boyd or Curtis Samuel plus an early drafted rookie WR.

I endorse adding talent around Williams but not sure Robinson will give you much pass rush at DE. He's a bigger guy who should help vs the run. Geno Stone should be an upgrade from Jackson. 

I'd give serious thought to JPJ at 13. Or take Odunze at 9 if he's available. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see these names in here, I wonder how they would stagger deals and restructure to open up some cap space too. I'd hate to see Johnson not be able to be extended.

I think Bowers would essentially be WR3, I don't think there would be a difference between 11 and 12 personnel with this roster, which is something I have endorsed since Gronk/Hernandez.

It would be a MASSIVE gamble to go into the draft with zero centers that should even be considered for the C2 role.

Saquon would be a beast to have as a RB. I like Herbert and Foreman but it isn't even close when you look at their talent.

Rice is a physical specimen, maybe he gets coached up and becomes a better pro than college player. Instead of looking for another returner, I'd put him in there to compete. He has experience and while he isn't as shifty as Scott but he has moves and maybe he can really be that physical YAC kind of guy as a returner too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Rice is a physical specimen, maybe he gets coached up and becomes a better pro than college player. Instead of looking for another returner, I'd put him in there to compete. He has experience and while he isn't as shifty as Scott but he has moves and maybe he can really be that physical YAC kind of guy as a returner too.

Returners have so little impact on the current game, just give me a PR who has sure hands and I’m good.

I like Mike Evans (who doesn’t?) but I’m not in any way giving him $26-30M annually entering his age 31 season. Poles is really disciplined when it comes to his FA spending thresholds and has made no secret about everything he’s done being about the long term success of the team - paying Mike Evans top 3 WR money for the tail end of his career would be basically the polar opposite of how he has operated thus far. For $26-30M per you can add quality young starters at WR2, C and S.

I like all the players you have us drafting, and agree Bowers may slide a bit. With that, with the way you’ve set up our roster here he’s basically gonna have to play WR for us all the time and I don’t love that. I don’t think either Taylor makes it to R3 or Van Pran to R4. 

Edited by AZBearsFan

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Returners have so little impact on the current game, just give me a PR who has sure hands and I’m good.

I like Mike Evans (who doesn’t?) but I’m not in any way giving him $26-30M annually entering his age 31 season. Poles is really disciplined when it comes to his FA spending thresholds and has made no secret about everything he’s done being about the long term success of the team - paying Mike Evans top 3 WR money for the tail end of his career would be basically the polar opposite of how he has operated thus far. For $26-30M per you can add quality young starters at WR2, C and S.

I like all the players you have us drafting, and agree Bowers may slide a bit. With that, with the way you’ve set up our roster here he’s basically gonna have to play WR for us all the time and I don’t love that. I don’t think either Taylor makes it to R3 or Van Pran to R4. 

I do mean more as a punt returner. I want to move on from Taylor. Honestly I despise how the NFL all but banned kick returns. They were hectic and exciting for me. Its cool to know Hester will essentially be untouched as a returner but still.

I was thinking for Evans his AAV being high but something like 25/25/27/30. Get the guarantees up front there so you can cut it clean after year 2 or can restructure and make more cap friendly if he wants to stay in Chicago. I want to be able to "overpay" for 1-2 guys to support the QB but I don't want to commit to someone like Evans long enough that I lose young talent. Same for Barkley. He will be hitting the 30 year wall in 3 years so I wouldn't mind a bigger deal but want to be able to cut clean after 2-3 years if he declines. I don't want to end up kicking the can down the road like NO. FWIW I have no belief Poles makes this aggressive of an offseason, but its fun to see how it looks on here.

21 hours ago, sparky151 said:

There's a big falloff at WR after Evans. Maybe instead of paying Evans 30 mil, sign Tyler Boyd or Curtis Samuel plus an early drafted rookie WR.

I endorse adding talent around Williams but not sure Robinson will give you much pass rush at DE. He's a bigger guy who should help vs the run. Geno Stone should be an upgrade from Jackson. 

I'd give serious thought to JPJ at 13. Or take Odunze at 9 if he's available. 

I think the Bears can get Evans for $23M -$25M.

Edited by JibjeResearch

Evans is too old and expensive and Tyrod doesn’t bring anything over our current back up who we need to keep developing.

Barkley I wouldn’t hate, but I don’t see it happening. 

Bowers has intrigued me for a longtime.  I think you need a plan for his use if you are drafting him in top 10 as he is possibly a bit of a tweener.  

I am not sure I trust any team outside of KC to come up with that plan. 

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Are we really going to do this Bagent nonsense again this year?

What nonsense is that?

The guy came in as 4th QB on depth chart and moved up to number 2 in one camp.   He beat out PJ Walker who many, if not most, people were very high on at signing.  

He came in as a rookie and did okay with almost no offseason reps and no starter reps until Fields injury (including helped win one game that by Raiders own admission got Getsy his current job) with the same teammates that everyone says were so bad we can't properly judge Fields.   

I would say he has shown enough that he is worth keeping as number 2 QB for time being over a Tyrod Taylor or most any journeyman vet until we can see more from him with more reps and evidence.

43 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

What nonsense is that?

That he is anything other than a below average backup QB. 

The guy looked overwhelmed and showed that he just doesnt have an NFL arm. Sure he is fine as a backup if thats who we end up with this year, but he will never be a plus in that position. Whenever we feel like we are truly a playoff contender, we will need a better Backup QB to whoever we decide to go with.

And to go after a guy who our new Rookie QB could actually learn something from alone has a positive to it, before even mentioning the ability to keep the offense going if your starter does go down for more than a play or two where they have to come off the field.

• Like 1

I would love this, Im with you, how long are we going to keep kicking this salary cap down the line. Isnt that the whole point of having a rookie deal Caleb??

The formula is simple, Caleb has a good team through his rookie deal, then we pay him and everyone walks, we build a young team around what will now be a veteran QB

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That he is anything other than a below average backup QB. 

The guy looked overwhelmed and showed that he just doesnt have an NFL arm. Sure he is fine as a backup if thats who we end up with this year, but he will never be a plus in that position. Whenever we feel like we are truly a playoff contender, we will need a better Backup QB to whoever we decide to go with.

And to go after a guy who our new Rookie QB could actually learn something from alone has a positive to it, before even mentioning the ability to keep the offense going if your starter does go down for more than a play or two where they have to come off the field.

I am not saying he is anything special, but I don't know how you can already make any kind of conclusion on him.   

He didn't look any more overwhelmed than most anyone would look in that same circumstance.  Less so than most.  The opposite.  The speed at which he picks things up has been roundly praised by his coaches.  

People have jumped on the arm thing maybe because they pulled him for a hail mary.  I don't know that is conclusive evidence he can't make NFL throws or couldn't get that ball to end zone.   He has said he could have made that throw.   I remember Jalen Hurts pathetic end of game throw a few years back.   

I need to see more.   

I don't buy into the notion that you need vet QBs to help rookie QBs.   You have an OC and a QB coach for that role.  Let them do their job.  It doesn't hurt, but it isn't necessary and most of the guys don't like it.  They want to compete for the job.  

I think you should always have a young developmental QB on roster regardless of who starter is.   Journeymen are generally a waste of space.  Kurt Warner being a huge exception.  

Best case scenario usually is what Flacco came in and did, but who is going to remember that in 3 years?  Nobody cares.

33 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I am not saying he is anything special, but I don't know how you can already make any kind of conclusion on him.   

You absolutely can if you are being honest about him. 

If you look at him past when no one had any tape on him and he way playing a team that was actively quitting on their Head Coach, he was 63/100 for 614 yards (barely over 6 YPA) and a 2/5 TD to INT ratio. That makes him statistically one of the worst QBs in the league that played more than a game or two in mop up duty. A stellar list that includes PJ Walker. 

And even past the numbers, his arm just isnt NFL level that was quite obvious, it had nothing to do with the Hail Mary. He cant make all the throws at the NFL level.

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I don't buy into the notion that you need vet QBs to help rookie QBs.   You have an OC and a QB coach for that role.  Let them do their job.  It doesn't hurt, but it isn't necessary and most of the guys don't like it.  They want to compete for the job.  

Do you need one? No, but it would be better to have one (that can actually play in a pinch) than not to. And who doesnt like it? I didnt say he needs to hold the rookie's hand, but even the mere fact you could have a knowledgeable veteran there to run the Offense properly is better for everyone, even if its for the coaches to point at and say "thats how its done"

54 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think you should always have a young developmental QB on roster regardless of who starter is.   Journeymen are generally a waste of space.  Kurt Warner being a huge exception.  

The  #1 Pick would be your young developmental QB, you dont need 2 of them if you believe that you picked the correct guy. And if you have any doubt in that pick which would necessitate another "young developmental" pick, you shouldn't be making that first pick. 

And again, having a good backup (usually a vet) is very important to a team who believes they should be in the playoffs, and are a serious contender. 

56 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Best case scenario usually is what Flacco came in and did, but who is going to remember that in 3 years?  Nobody cares.

You mean save the season and still get them to the playoffs even after losing both their Starter and potentially the best RB in the league? Yea, Im sure no one will ever remember what Flacco did...

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

You mean save the season and still get them to the playoffs even after losing both their Starter and potentially the best RB in the league? Yea, Im sure no one will ever remember what Flacco did...

Okay.   See you in 3 years.   I am sure it will be talk of the internet.  

46 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Okay.   See you in 3 years.   I am sure it will be talk of the internet.  

And how many of those non first round QBs have blossomed into anything at all, much less a notable starter, especially for the team that drafted them?

Ill take the guy who can actually contribute to the team, not just a "project" to work on. Keep up the fantasy there