NFL COMBINE Feb 29th - March 3rd.

21 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

So, first statement - "Gotta find a new Q B ". No more wondering if he thought Sam could be the guy .

He sure comes across as the real deal- what a breath of fresh air.. drink it in.. wait, that's a mixed metaphor I think .

Edited by RSkinGM
more info

33 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

So, first statement - "Gotta find a new Q B ". No more wondering if he thought Sam could be the guy .

He sure comes across as the real deal- what a breath of fresh air.. drink it in.. wait, that's a mixed metaphor I think .

Honestly, I hope some of that is smokescreen, but that definitely doesn't bode well for Sam to get a fair shake this year. It might be worth bringing Brissett back, drafting a QB and trading Howell. 

At the very least, if I was Sam Howell, I would be thinking, best case scenario, that he returns as a backup.

22 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Honestly, I hope some of that is smokescreen, but that definitely doesn't bode well for Sam to get a fair shake this year. It might be worth bringing Brissett back, drafting a QB and trading Howell. 

It's still my ideal situation. 

Kinda reading a diff spin on that comment today. Like finding a Q B ( though he did say NEW ) could include looking at the current roster options . Probably some back walking the comment to the P C mode. I hope Sam isn't completely disregarded . He was in one tough situation last season . E B and a terrible O L. Lucky he came out in one piece. 

If Peters reviews all his game tape and decides he can't make decisons or isn't a leader or can't make the required throws- so be it .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Kinda reading a diff spin on that comment today. Like finding a Q B ( though he did say NEW ) could include looking at the current roster options . Probably some back walking the comment to the P C mode. I hope Sam isn't completely disregarded . He was in one tough situation last season . E B and a terrible O L. Lucky he came out in one piece. 

If Peters reviews all his game tape and decides he can't make decisons or isn't a leader or can't make the required throws- so be it .

This is where I'm at (all of it). I also recognize that #2 picks don't come around very often and with a chance to take one of the top QBs in the draft and we don't have a franchise QB already, we gotta draft one.

17 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Trevor Sikkema

Penn State ED Chop Robinson said of his testing numbers here in Indianapolis that he wants to run a a 4.4, jump at least 11 feet in the broad and 38-40 inches in the vert. Said he’s hit those jumps in training

I think Chop probably has the most on the line today — the production is not really there, at least in terms of sacks (the pressure rate/pass rush grade are good) but he looks like he’s a pretty impressive athlete on film. If his testing numbers are just mid, as the kids say, that could be a real problem for him. 

Jonah Elliss would really benefit from a good day of testing, given his less-than-ideal height. Not a ton of pass rushers checking in a 6’2 or lower, he’s going to have a lot of doubters on that issue that might be shut up a little bit at least if he shows to be pretty explosive. 

One guy I’ll be watching is Javon Solomon out of Troy. He came in very short at the Senior Bowl (just under 6’1), but he has a lot of burst and he corners well. He’s a guy that might be a situational pass-rusher, but maybe a really good one.

And I guess to be accurate, Laiatu Latu probably has the most on the line at the combine overall. If his medicals come back bad, his stock could plummet. Almost rooting for a minor issue that causes him to fall to, say, pick 36. Not unlike Jonathan Allen’s shoulders that dropped him to us but have never been a notable issue in his entire career.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1