Eagles release NB Avonte Maddox

Mr.UFO

1 hour ago, Mr.UFO said:

Could forgotten 2023 rookie Kelee Ringo possibly play the slot and be Maddox's replacement? And do you have any guesses about a landing spot for Maddox?

Ringo would get cooked in the slot, his change of direction ability is lacking. He’s a straight line speed guy. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mr.UFO said:

Could forgotten 2023 rookie Kelee Ringo possibly play the slot and be Maddox's replacement? And do you have any guesses about a landing spot for Maddox?

Ringo is an outside corner through and through. He actually looked good in the sample size he was out there for. He'll have a shot to start this year. And the report said that the Eagles are open to bringing Maddox back, which is what I think happens at a different number. They love him in the locker room. He's a good slot corner, just gets hurt so much that he can't be your only plan there.

2 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ringo is an outside corner through and through. He actually looked good in the sample size he was out there for. He'll have a shot to start this year. And the report said that the Eagles are open to bringing Maddox back, which is what I think happens at a different number. They love him in the locker room. He's a good slot corner, just gets hurt so much that he can't be your only plan there.

So you just benching either Slay or Bradberry then?

44 minutes ago, General Tso said:

So you just benching either Slay or Bradberry then?

There's very little chance that JB starts for us again. Slay will start opposite someone else. Whether JB is an Eagle in general is in doubt.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

There's very little chance that JB starts for us again. Slay will start opposite someone else. Whether JB is an Eagle in general is in doubt.

I don't see how the Eagles can get out of that contract. Bradberry only has around a $4.5 million cap hit this year, but that accelerates to $15 million in straight up dead money if they cut or trade him.

56 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

I don't see how the Eagles can get out of that contract. Bradberry only has around a $4.5 million cap hit this year, but that accelerates to $15 million in straight up dead money if they cut or trade him.

eh just eat him for a year and then cut him next year. At worst he's a depth player

On 3/7/2024 at 10:13 AM, minutemancl said:

Yeah I'm not in the Bradberry won't be a Eagle boat.  I too don't see them taking that kind of hit.