Cardinals vs Redskins thread ?

Dashing202

Sometimes the play calling is absolutely genius, yet, sometimes I really wonder what is being seen on film that says, lets run an end around when the defense looks like this. Most times I bet its a booger left on the screen from Bruce flickin them during his empty room I am great speeches, 

14 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Both of you are hilarious. Orakpo was massively overrated, particularly by you two. There's a reason no one threw a massive deal at him, nor has he done anything since leaving.

And right now, we can only hope that Doctson becomes 75% as productive as Orakpo was here in DC.

Come again?

https://overthecap.com/player/brian-orakpo/1414/

Brian Orakpo signed a 4 year, $31 million contract with the Titans on March 12, 2015. ... If Orakpo is on the roster the 5th day of the 2016 league year his $5.5 million salary will also become guaranteed. Each year of the contractOrakpo is eligible to earn $500,000 in gameday active roster bonuses.

Orakpo wasn’t overrated by anyone. Many thought he was good but not great. I didn’t want to lose him because I thought it would be hard to upgrade him and we’ve now tried with Murphy & Smith and neither have been as good as Orakpo was.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

So all the OL has to do is stay bent over and the defender basically can do nothing on a field goal attempt lol. Way to go NFL. 

Francis would have been ok if he pushed Painter back while jumping but he can’t use another player to get higher off the ground as leverage but I agree it’s stupid. Making that a penalty is not making the game safer.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Come again?

https://overthecap.com/player/brian-orakpo/1414/

Orakpo wasn’t overrated by anyone. Many thought he was good but not great. I didn’t want to lose him because I thought it would be hard to upgrade him and we’ve now tried with Murphy & Smith and neither have been as good as Orakpo was.

13.5 million guaranteed, 7.75 average. That's about what you would expect to pay an above average to good edge rusher. Kerrigan is getting almost twice as much guaranteed, and a 11.5 million per year on average.

So, if we care about salary, Orakpo isn't as good as Kerrigan. We've managed to replace Orakpo with draft picks and free agency, at a fraction of the cost.

Archived