Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clearly we will be trading both Deebo and Aiyuk this offseason!!!! 

I will say that Jax at 17 does have a pick that makes sense to acquire Aiyuk. AJ Brown got 18 and a third. Aiyuk isn't Brown, but 17 isn't going to be a breaking point there if that is in play. There just likely wouldn't be anything coming with it or maybe we throw back a late pick 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Clearly we will be trading both Deebo and Aiyuk this offseason!!!! 

This feels more real than the Deebo stuff IMO. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

I will say that Jax at 17 does have a pick that makes sense to acquire Aiyuk. AJ Brown got 18 and a third. Aiyuk isn't Brown, but 17 isn't going to be a breaking point there if that is in play. There just likely wouldn't be anything coming with it or maybe we throw back a late pick 

I just don't see it. They will get rid of Deebo in a year before trading Aiyuk. Of course Aiyuk is probably ticked of how the talks have gone but the Niners do that with every single free agent of theirs lol. I think Lynch and the crew will definitely listen as they always do, but I don't see anything more than that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And THIS is Kyle's problem and a reason why we keep putting out crap every single season. Kyle thinks he can scheme players open better than anyone else and that Forester will get the OL playing well....Except that never ends up happening in big games. Welp. 

This is our Kyle....for better and worse. 

It took Andy Reid getting Mahomes to be able to overcome himself. Mahomes made Reid perhaps more than Reid makes Mahomes. 

I do think % that the first round pick is an offensive lineman, but I also believe Kyle is as blase as Silver kind of insinuates in that tweet. You'd think that losing two super bowls in part because your line couldn't hold up in the 4th quarter would get you sorted, but wouldn't surprise me one iota if he's just the same

• Like 1

Ugh! Please don’t happen…

Our one sure thing as a receiver. I mean I don’t mind getting Brian Thomas, but it’s not needed right away and I’ve come to grips. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Well, thank God it would be very out of character for the Faithful to overreact to this information for the fourth year in a row.

Our offseasons have been fun 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I just don't see it. They will get rid of Deebo in a year before trading Aiyuk. Of course Aiyuk is probably ticked of how the talks have gone but the Niners do that with every single free agent of theirs lol. I think Lynch and the crew will definitely listen as they always do, but I don't see anything more than that. 

Agreed. I think the money on aiyuk is kind of the money. that's where the market is. That shouldn't be super crazy or off putting for the team unless he's asking for like 32, which I just don't think is the case. So if it's not the money, I don't know what the driving force is to move him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

This is our Kyle....for better and worse. 

It took Andy Reid getting Mahomes to be able to overcome himself. Mahomes made Reid perhaps more than Reid makes Mahomes. 

I do think % that the first round pick is an offensive lineman, but I also believe Kyle is as blase as Silver kind of insinuates in that tweet. You'd think that losing two super bowls in part because your line couldn't hold up in the 4th quarter would get you sorted, but wouldn't surprise me one iota if he's just the same

The thing is, it's not even that the OL could not hold up in both of the SBs...they did not hold up against the Rams either and then Kyle's protection scheme got Purdy hurt on the first drive against the Eagles. He just clearly trusts his abilities to scheme around a bad OL but that's just a terrible line of thinking. 

OL is definitely possible in the first round but I just think he has the wrong mindset here and I'm not sure he is willing to change. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Agreed. I think the money on aiyuk is kind of the money. that's where the market is. That shouldn't be super crazy or off putting for the team unless he's asking for like 32, which I just don't think is the case. So if it's not the money, I don't know what the driving force is to move him. 

I'm sure money plays a part, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to be the focal point of an offense, which he will never be here. Aiyuk seems like the kind of guy that is all ball, which is why it'd suck to lose him. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Aiyuk was one of the most valuable players in the league last year. Anything under Bosa money is a good contract if that is predictive.

2 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Aiyuk was one of the most valuable players in the league last year. Anything under Bosa money is a good contract if that is predictive.

I disagree. If we are paying Aiyuk $30M we have messed up IMO. 

Right now, I think Aiyuk's contract probably slides in around 27. But also depends on when you sign him and who signs before him. 

I think that ARSB should probably get more than Aiyuk, but it's close enough that it probably depends on who signs an extension first. IF ARSB signs, wouldn't surprise me if Aiyuk comes in over and vice versa.

If Lamb signs, I think that he likely caps Aiyuk's market because i don't think he's going to get more than Lamb. 

And I don't think that players come out swinging with astronomical asks. I think their agents generally put together pretty good data on why their biggest players should get what they are asking and I think you run out of rope there if you're just flat out asking for 32 or something right now. 

• Like 1