Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

Signs have been pointing to Minnesota trading up for JJ McCarthy, or maybe Penix/Nox (highly doubt it).. New York and LAC have plenty of holes to fill and 2 FRPs this year would go a long way. Could land a very good tackle and WR at 11/23

1 minute ago, adamq said:

Signs have been pointing to Minnesota trading up for JJ McCarthy, or maybe Penix/Nox (highly doubt it).. New York and LAC have plenty of holes to fill and 2 FRPs this year would go a long way. Could land a very good tackle and WR at 11/23

I could also see Maye. Sounds like a lot of people changed their status on him after the Combine. It seemed like the consensus was he was #2 pre combine and then after, he was falling down boards and Jayden took over as #2 

Just now, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

His routes were starting to look pretty crisp at the end of the season.

Yeah, he was taking some of Aiyuk's work (outs and comebacks against man) and winning. Trust him a lot more than Danny Gray (obviously, I suppose) to handle that currently.

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Don't like it. Opened up 10M in cap space but I did not want to see that. 

It's not surprising. They are all in on this very short window they have left. Reckoning is coming in about two years

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

It's not surprising. They are all in on this very short window they have left. Reckoning is coming in about two years

I mean that is fine. We are going to need to take a step back for a year just like the Rams did. That is inevitable and I am fine with that. BUT, we can open up cap space without needing to restructure players like Kittle or Hargraves contracts. 

Restructure players that will be here in 3-4 years. 

But 16M opened up so we can sign all our free agents and still have about 8-9M left, correct? Another decent addition is going to be made soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean that is fine. We are going to need to take a step back for a year just like the Rams did. That is inevitable and I am fine with that. BUT, we can open up cap space without needing to restructure players like Kittle or Hargraves contracts. 

But 16M opened up so we can sign all our free agents and still have about 8-9M left, correct? Another decent addition is going to be made soon. 

Agreed! 

I thought Kittle was “possibly” on the way out. Now it pushes him a bit further down the road. 

Feels like a “run it back” offseason. The draft should be telling but man…I’m a little nervous 

Rumors are we are taking calls on some of our younger players - Elijah, Ambry, Danny Gray. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

those players don't really exist on the roster. Nick Bosa already makes league minimum. 

CMC, Deebo...I don't know that I'm any more bullish on them being here in 3 years than I am Kittle. 

IF we do trade Aiyuk for a mid first round pick, then I want go in on a CB and make a move there and then take Aiyuk's replacement in the first round while shoring up the OL with our 2nd pick. I don't think we end up moving Aiyuk, but if we do, then I want to make a trade for a proven corner before the draft. 

Get the defense back to playing top 5 ball and then hope you hit on the WR you take in the first round. Purdy is still going to make it work but we will need a crisp route runner that can win in single coverage. More and more teams will give us the two high looks and you have to win underneath with your route running. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

IF we do trade Aiyuk for a mid first round pick, then I want go in on a CB and make a move there and then take Aiyuk's replacement in the first round while shoring up the OL with our 2nd pick. I don't think we end up moving Aiyuk, but if we do, then I want to make a trade for a proven corner before the draft. 

Get the defense back to playing top 5 ball and then hope you hit on the WR you take in the first round. Purdy is still going to make it work but we will need a crisp route runner that can win in single coverage. More and more teams will give us the two high looks and you have to win underneath with your route running. 

Take it FWIW, but the jags media member who said that there were talks between the two  indicated that the Jags would be unlikely to move 17 for him. 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Agreed! 

I thought Kittle was “possibly” on the way out. Now it pushes him a bit further down the road. 

Feels like a “run it back” offseason. The draft should be telling but man…I’m a little nervous 

Rumors are we are taking calls on some of our younger players - Elijah, Ambry, Danny Gray. 

Elijah is injury prone, Ambry is inconsistent & Gray is just meh. We don't seem very high on Drake Jackson either. Latu really needs to show up. I think the only one of those players who makes the 53 this season is Elijah, barring any trades 

I think we have other youngsters who could be in line for more snaps next season - Willis, Bell, Beal, Winters, Graham, Luter & Brown. 

I also like Mason & Womack but they seem to be mainly on ST's 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

those players don't really exist on the roster. Nick Bosa already makes league minimum. 

CMC, Deebo...I don't know that I'm any more bullish on them being here in 3 years than I am Kittle. 

I am not talking about Deebo. How about extending Ward and restructuring Warner's deal? Pretty sure we can do that and open up enough cap space that way, no? 

• Like 1

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

I am not talking about Deebo. How about extending Ward and restructuring Warner's deal? Pretty sure we can do that and open up enough cap space that way, no? 

They already restructured Warner this year.