Titans sign Calvin Ridley

deeluxx3

4 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Ridley vs. Higgins… who is better?

Honestly it’s what you prefer for your offense. Can’t go wrong imo. The difference is Higgins is the X receiver your possession guy that get the hard yards good at contested catching, beating press. RIDLEY is more your Z receiver the guy you move around, get him free releases, 1 of the best route runners in the league, very good at beating off man coverage, finding the hole in the zone, can stretch the field, can play inside out. For this system I prefer Ridley I just never thought he would see FA, & was a guaranteed lock going back to the jags. Higgins can play in our system no doubt but him & D Hop skillset are similar, with Ridley we have more scheme flexibility.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Honestly it’s what you prefer for your offense. Can’t go wrong imo. The difference is Higgins is the X receiver your possession guy that get the hard yards good at contested catching, beating press. RIDLEY is more your Z receiver the guy you move around, get him free releases, 1 of the best route runners in the league, very good at beating off man coverage, finding the hole in the zone, can stretch the field, can play inside out. For this system I prefer Ridley I just never thought he would see FA, & was a guaranteed lock going back to the jags. Higgins can play in our system no doubt but him & D Hop skillset are similar, with Ridley we have more scheme flexibility.

The Jags' 4th round pick going to Atlanta as part of the trade would have turned into a 2nd round pick had they extended him. It's been speculated that there might've been a way around that if they signed him back as a FA, sort of how Giants found a way around it a few years back with Leonard Williams, which, along with them having virtually no money, would explain why he hit FA.

Watching his tape and highlights. Damn this dude can ball. We got an absolute dude.

What I noticed he really knows how to find spots to sit in the defense. Especially when plays break down, he has this knack to get to a spot for his qb. Love it.

He has had some solid years. But I don't know how he has not had a monster year yet. Dude is a tactician and can move and stop on a dime.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 8:59 PM, KingTitan said:

If it's the Chiefs.....what a championship move. 

Since it's the Titans. It's an overpay. 

To be fair, the Chiefs traded away Tyreek Hill then won back to back with Kelce and bums at receiver. So... yeah, it's the Titans and overpay.

• Like 2