Bears to sign C Coleman Shelton

RaidersAreOne

I don't think this fixes the position for the Bears. The trade for Bates looked like insurance for signing Connor Williams or drafting a center. Adding Shelton doesn't change that. IMO they should have just gone for Cushenberry. 

38 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I don't think this fixes the position for the Bears. The trade for Bates looked like insurance for signing Connor Williams or drafting a center. Adding Shelton doesn't change that. IMO they should have just gone for Cushenberry. 

I think this is meant to be the third center, if they are going for Connor Williams (I hope so). Just in case Williams starts on PUP then this guy might be the reserve until Williams is ready to take Bates' spot.

At least I hope so.

Bears fans belittling a good backup on a Super Bowl winning team who then became a starter on a playoff team with a top ten offense is pretty funny. That said, he's a league average starter and will look better or worse based on the talent around him

37 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Bears fans belittling a good backup on a Super Bowl winning team who then became a starter on a playoff team with a top ten offense is pretty funny. That said, he's a league average starter and will look better or worse based on the talent around him

I'm not belittling him.  I don't know anything about him really.

• Like 1