Justin Fields traded to Pittsburgh

topwop1

20 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Kid is a class act to the very end.

JF1 will be good eventually....  good luck to him...  it was exciting and fun a little bit...   Next man up... a rookie QB..most likely Caleb... lolz ehehe😁👍

• Like 2

Congrats on Caleb Williams. Poles has done a great job this off season bringing in talent while also remaining flexible for the future. Seems like the Bears are finally building towards some form of sustainable success for once.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Congrats on Caleb Williams. Poles has done a great job this off season bringing in talent while also remaining flexible for the future. Seems like the Bears are finally building towards some form of sustainable success for once.

Thank you for a classy post!  We're trying.  :)

29 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

Thank you for a classy post!  We're trying.  :)

Don't get used to it. When the season rolls around my posts definitely won't be as classy. It feels like the last 20 years the Bears have been going about things on a year to year basis and that's why no matter what I never took them seriously. Poles seems to atleast have a plan and I can see his vision. The fanbase just had to be patient.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I imagine part of this trade rationale was Poles wanted Fields far away from Chicago. If he catches on in Pittsburgh then chances are the Bears won't play against him much over the next few years 

That being said I have a hard time believing Poles wouldn't have accepted say a 2nd round pick from a team in the NFC if that opportunity presented itself 

Although I am disappointed with the return I guess can't really expect a whole lot more considering Mac Jones went for 6th as well.

The conditional part would make this trade look a whole lot better but unfortunately that will likely take a season ending injury happenis to Russ Wilson or extremely bad play from him early enough in the season and hoping Fields can stay healthy for the majority of the season. Seems like a stretch to me but never know 

Anyway I wish Fields the best. Time for a fresh start for everyone 

If you want to get the quarterback situation right this time, bring in a vet to start at last 1/2 of this season. Better off if he plays the whole season. Caleb WIlliams should turn into a great NFL quarterback, but if he's thrown to the Wolves, with his propensity to hold onto the ball too long, he will get ruined. 

Let him sit and watch for a while. No matter how tempting it will be to start him. 

If you draft anybody but him, shame on your organization, especially if it's Drake Maye, who is going to bust. 

2 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If you want to get the quarterback situation right this time, bring in a vet to start at last 1/2 of this season. Better off if he plays the whole season. Caleb WIlliams should turn into a great NFL quarterback, but if he's thrown to the Wolves, with his propensity to hold onto the ball too long, he will get ruined. 

Let him sit and watch for a while. No matter how tempting it will be to start him. 

If you draft anybody but him, shame on your organization, especially if it's Drake Maye, who is going to bust. 

You don't pick a guy #1 overall to sit him for a year. Throw him in and see what he has then build the team from there. The Bears are setting up to be big spenders next year if things look decent this year.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StatKing said:

You don't pick a guy #1 overall to sit him for a year. Throw him in and see what he has then build the team from there. The Bears are setting up to be big spenders next year if things look decent this year.

You're still batting 100%. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

You're still batting 100%. 

When's the last time that happened? Baker Mayfield because of Hue Jackson being Hue Jackson? They sat both Trubisky and Fields for half a season and that didn't do jack for either of them. You're just another smooth brain Packers fan that thinks because it worked for us twice that means it's a one size fits all solution for every team.

• Like 2

Just now, StatKing said:

Agreed. There will be no coddling with Caleb Williams 

Very few teams have the luxury of having a highly touted QB prospect like him sit behind a star QB for the season 

Coming from a Packers fan I get it because you guys have been spoiled with good QB play with h Favre and then Rodgers so you guys had that luxury to sit both Rodgers and Love but we don't and most other teams don't

If you look at most successful young QBs over the past few seasons most have been thrown into the fire right away as rookies i.e. Stroud, Burrow, Allen 

11 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Agreed. There will be no coddling with Caleb Williams 

Very few teams have the luxury of having a highly touted QB prospect like him sit behind a star QB for the season 

Coming from a Packers fan I get it because you guys have been spoiled with good QB play with h Favre and then Rodgers so you guys had that luxury to sit both Rodgers and Love but we don't and most other teams don't

If you look at most successful young QBs over the past few seasons most have been thrown into the fire right away as rookies i.e. Stroud, Burrow, Allen 

I actually watch other teams, I know how hard it is to find a franchise QB. You know what gives a franchise hope for once in a long time? Having a 4000 yard passer for the first time in franchise history. He isn't going to show anything sitting on the bench.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BeaReylo said:

My first alert my man got traded was this video popping up in my YouTube feed, lol.

lolz ahahahahaha🤣😂

Well at least the next QB will have a good team/good start to break the all time Bears' passing record lolz ahahah🤣

• Like 1