Justin Fields traded to Pittsburgh

topwop1

44 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Teams knew we didn’t want to keep him alongside Williams. 

How can this possibly be true ? 

Being able to keep JF so that  Caleb is not forced to start Week 1, and also possibly increasing JFs value from his success in a new system is most likely what Poles wanted 

National anD LoCAL media circus  or JFs camp OR both is why Poles made this deal 

...not bc he didn't want to keep JF alongside Williams 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SLCbear said:

Of course they were trying to trade him ! I am not suggesting otherwise. 

What I am suggesting is that Poles wanted a certain return for JF, and planned to hold onto JF  aND draft Caleb if that return was not met

This was his plan until something shifted last week ...either something from one of the QBs camps (most likely JF's) or George/Kevin stepping in to kiLL national media spotlight circus, WhiLE letting Poles look like a hero for trading JF to his preferred destination despite lower compensation

I believe it was the latter, or possibly a combination of the latter AND JFs camp getting overly involved 

I take it that this is a gut feeling? It feels really… conspiracy theoryish. There’s no evidence of any of that nor any indication that was really on the table. Nobody other than the Fields fan accounts on social media has let on that keeping Fields was ever really considered a realistic option once we got the #1 pick. 

1 hour ago, SLCbear said:

How can this possibly be true ? 

Because Poles admitted he’s been talking about trading him for weeks with other teams. Poles made this deal because teams weren’t giving him nearly what people thought he’d get because his only leverage (potentially sticking with Fields) was a possibility he’d already conceded by engaging in trade discussions for him. 

I have to admit.  Day we drafted Justin Fields and followed it up with Tevin Jenkins is most pumped I have ever been on a draft day.

I think that was fairly universal in Bears fandom though.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I have to admit.  Day we drafted Justin Fields and followed it up with Tevin Jenkins is most pumped I have ever been on a draft day.

I think that was fairly universal in Bears fandom though.  

Gah.  Remember hoping we could get Jenkins at 20?  Whoever wished for that did it on a cursed artifact. 

4 minutes ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Gah.  Remember hoping we could get Jenkins at 20?  Whoever wished for that did it on a cursed artifact. 

Jenkins has been pretty darn good most of time (when healthy).

His last game was pretty awful.  Tough to leave the year with that on your resume.

At his best he is one of the best.   He needs to be more consistent.  To be fair we all know he has been constantly moved.  Most guys can't handle that.  

Honestly I think they should have been more patient with Jenkins at OT and moved Borom to G and both could have been quality NFL starters at those positions in a little time.  

We will never know though.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

If Jenkins plays 15 games or more he is getting paid or tagged.

Look at what Gs got this offseason.  He is better than a lot of those guys.

The Guard position went crazy this year. Even if alot of that money/years are "agent enhancers" they are getting paid too much for my liking. Heck, I want all that comfortable with what we gave to Davis last year, but we had money that we HAD to burn so it wasnt as big of a deal. BUt going forward, it would have to be for one of the Best Guards for me to pay up.

But as for Jenkins specifically, I think we all know the talent is there, and after the bit of attitude was ironed out the only real question is his health. Which is the scariest question of all. 

I would venture that at most only one of Jenkins or Davis will be on the Bears Roster for 2025. With the other spot being taken over by one of the other versatile vets weve already grabbed, or a perfect spot for a Rookie/Year 2 guy to slide in (especially one who has future potential at C or T)

• Like 1