Justin Fields traded to Pittsburgh

topwop1

Posted (edited)

Compensation to be announced soon 

Edit update: for a 2025 conditional 6th that can become a 4th based on playing time....

Pretty underwhelming

Discuss

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

Wow there really was no market...

Pretty shocked this is all we could get for him because even at a minimum he is a high class leader & athlete...as a backup QB he will be one of the best in the NFL and the compensation is probably more to do with the contract option that will need to be decided on more than anything else...

The one thing I will say is I am glad it's over in terms of him knowing his future and now being able to block out the noise and focus on the next step of his career...I still feel he can be a serviceable starter in this league with the right scheme and support around him and wish him nothing but the very best...

Let the Caleb era commence

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TankWilliams said:

Bears really screwed up waiting till the end of the FA rush to move him, but clearly the league doesnt view him the same way that media talking heads seem to.

Have to say the timing is interesting to me as well...unless we have somehow managed to get our hands on Caleb's medicals early then it doesn't stack up with the "waiting for the top-30 visit" that said with how Caleb has been following everything about the Bears on social media I would suggest all parties know where this is going...either that of Poles is comfortable enough to pick one of these other QBs if something does come up on the visit.

4 minutes ago, TankWilliams said:

Bears really screwed up waiting till the end of the FA rush to move him, but clearly the league doesnt view him the same way that media talking heads seem to.

I would have held out a bit longer if I were Poles but he pretty much made his bed as soon as he said at the combine that he wanted to ' do right by Justin'

I feel sometimes that Poles is too honest. Need to play your cards tighter in these situations 

Minnesota really screwed us over by not resigning Cousins. I feel like Falcons would have traded for and paid a higher price for Justin if they never signed Cousins