Justin Fields traded to Pittsburgh

topwop1

Don't get this at all. I would've kept both and let Fields start the year with all these new weapons and upgraded OL. If he played great you let him keep playing even if Williams didn't see the field in 2024.

That would've boosted his trade value for a mid-season trade or a higher pick in 2025.

No reason to throw Williams out there right away. Think the system held Fields back, not his talent. At the minimum Fields would've been a great backup for Williams in 2024.

• Like 1

I wish Fields well. He needed to get out, I highly doubt his agent would have let him stay in Chicago to be the QB2, and maybe with PIT he gets a fresh start. Nagy and Getsy did him zero favors but at some point he was as much to blame. Routine throws he made at OSU he consistently was short or behind in CHI, but he was always someone that was easy to root for. Hope get gets to take over in PIT this season and plays well.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

What are the chances DJ Moore played a role in getting Justin out of town.

LeBron is essentially the GM of the Lakers.

Huh? Hard to tell if this is sarcasm but DJ was one of Fields biggest supporters and made a point to say so in numerous interviews so I'd say slim to none 

Remember when DJ said a while back that none of these draft QBs are better than Justin ? 😂

21 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Huh? Hard to tell if this is sarcasm but DJ was one of Fields biggest supporters and made a point to say so in numerous interviews so I'd say slim to none 

Remember when DJ said a while back that none of these draft QBs are better than Justin ? 😂

You can't really say these things publicly, but posting "Business is Business" to twitter - I think we can read in between the lines a bit here

The poor guy got overthrown one too many times

32 minutes ago, anonymousGM said:

You can't really say these things publicly, but posting "Business is Business" to twitter - I think we can read in between the lines a bit here

The poor guy got overthrown one too many times

I think that’s Moore saying “I have made my thoughts clear on JF and I don’t have to like it, but I get it.” There’s no big conspiracy here.

Return is what it is - the entire league knew we were trading him (clear now that Poles himself acknowledged in the team statement that he’d been having convos for a few weeks), and when time is in the trade partner’s favor they own the market.

Fields has been incredibly exciting to watch, but at the same time it’s been clear for months that this was going to be Caleb’s team starting in 2024. I hope Justin goes off in PIT. He deserves better than the hand he was dealt here.

With all of that - I couldn’t be more glad that this is over and done with. It feels like I can finally enjoy the beginning of the Williams era. 

• Like 4

I think Poles overplayed his hand a bit early in game on Fields and got stuck holding bag.  

Maybe truth will come out at some point in future.  Not saying it was ever a first or second.   Curious about discussions though.

It’s understandable either way.  It happens when you are playing poker. What’s done is done.   

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I think Poles overplayed his hand a bit early in game on Fields and got stuck holding bag.  

I'm not so sure. I don't think the market was ever what Bears fans thought. There are a lot of draftable QBs and nobody saw Fields as a starter.

Everyone thought ATL was his top destination. They signed almost the exact opposite type of QB to a big deal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, St Vince said:

Don't get this at all. I would've kept both and let Fields start the year with all these new weapons and upgraded OL. If he played great you let him keep playing even if Williams didn't see the field in 2024.

That would've boosted his trade value for a mid-season trade or a higher pick in 2025.

No reason to throw Williams out there right away. Think the system held Fields back, not his talent. At the minimum Fields would've been a great backup for Williams in 2024.

I know this is a hard concept for my fellow Packers fans to understand but I'll try to explain it once more. They don't have the luxury of sitting him for a year. It's easy for us to say sit the guy for x amount of years when we have a HoF QB still on the roster playing at a high level. They need to know what Caleb can do immediately so they can go into next off season with a plan to load up or sell off talent. The last thing the Bears need is another off season wondering whether or not they have the right QB.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, refundmytickets said:

I'm not so sure. I don't think the market was ever what Bears fans thought. There are a lot of draftable QBs and nobody saw Fields as a starter.

Everyone thought ATL was his top destination. They signed almost the exact opposite type of QB to a big deal.

It was definitely weak.  I just don’t think it was 2025 6th weak.  

• Like 2