Commanders sign CBs Michael Davis (LAC) and Noah Igbinoghene (DAL)

Contract details . He had a BAD 2023 season. I'm reading the $$$ may be a lot bigger that Fuller's . A lot bigger ! Hope I'm finding bogus info.. 

Edited by RSkinGM

16 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Contract details . He had a BAD 2023 season. I'm reading the $$$ may be a lot bigger that Fuller's . A lot bigger ! Hope I'm finding bogus info.. 

Haven't seen any numbers yet. I expect it to be in the 3-5M range per year. So I don't think your info is correct. 

His last contract with LAC was 3 years for a maximum of 21M. 

47 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

There is no way. 

Depth signings. If they are decent CBs for us, this is a good move for us. 

Doesn't break the bank and allows us to grab the BPA regardless of position when we're on the clock. This is exactly how you run free agency (*)

What Rivera and Co did was throw a lot of $$ at middling FA and guys who couldn't play and ignored some positions in FA. And then had to reach for guys in the draft when they could've waited.

(*) provided the guys you sign can actually play.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I really would've just paid Fuller and Curl. I don't understand the DB signings at all. 

Fuller was gonna leave. Curl was iffy for me. I would've liked him back for that contract, but I have a feeling he wanted more from us...we refused...he went to FA...then didn't pick up the phone if we called him. I think he might've been insulted we didn't re-sign him and instead went elsewhere because of it. Just my opinion on that one. OR...it could be that the coaches saw that he was not a huge difference maker in their opinion and we could get similar production with more turnovers from someone else? Dunno.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:20 PM, lavar703 said:

I really would've just paid Fuller and Curl. I don't understand the DB signings at all. 

I would have too, but you have to remember that in Quinn’s defenses he uses tall CBs, that's not Fuller. Fuller didn't fit Quinn’s prototype at CB. I do think we’ll draft another CB in R2 or 3 who's 6’1 or taller & probably a late-round flyer too.