G Zeitler planning to sign with Lions

General Tso

5 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Weird that there are Lions fans that are meh on this. He fits their window. He’s good. He’s affordable. Excellent signing. 

Yeah.  He's old as balls...but he still kind of fits the window of some of the other older parts of that Lions OLine, does he not?  And that's basically their "window" in the broader sense as well.

Also doesn't preclude them drafting guys to develop and cover for injuries as guys age.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Louis Friend said:

I like it. Sorsdal isn’t ready and I expect a draft pick to be the position, this is a solid vet presence on a short term deal. 

Decker-Glasgow-Ragnow-Zeitler-Sewell

Is Ragnow healthy? There was talk he was close to retiring last season due to a non-operable toe issue. 

8 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Weird that there are Lions fans that are meh on this. He fits their window. He’s good. He’s affordable. Excellent signing. 

I think it's because he's old and with that there's always a chance of sudden decline.

1 hour ago, goldfishwars said:

Is Ragnow healthy? There was talk he was close to retiring last season due to a non-operable toe issue. 

Yea, basically he has a permanent toe injury. It is all pain tolerance at this point.

28 minutes ago, General Tso said:

I think it's because he's old and with that there's always a chance of sudden decline.

Yea, basically he has a permanent toe injury. It is all pain tolerance at this point.

Yes a lot of these players fall off the cliff. But I think the bigger concern is that they abandon seeking younger talent at the position in draft. Time will tell 

55 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Sounds like they'll look at Center during the draft

8 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Sounds like they'll look at Center during the draft

He's said that his pain level was unbearable in 2022 but totally fine in 2023. If the pain returns to 2022 levels he'll retire.

I fully expect that he'll retire before he turns 30. Even if we don't need to replace him in the immediate future it certainly won't hurt to start grooming his replacement. It's almost a perfect situation to draft someone developmental.

• Like 2