Circle of Jerks mock draft '24 - Eagles OTC @ 22, come vote for the pick

Eagles selection  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the Eagles take at pick 22? (No trades)

• C Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
    • EDGE Laiatu Latu, UCLA
    • WR Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
    • WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas
    • DT Johnny Newton, Illinois
    • EDGE Chop Robinson, Penn State
    • G/T Graham Barton, Duke
    • OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
    • WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
    • WR Keon Coleman, Florida State
    • CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
    • Other (Specify)

1 hour ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

What is a bigger waste of resources:

Drafting Steen in round 3 to be a swing tackle/guard.

Drafting a WR in round 1 to be WR3 for 2+ years.

Brian Thomas is easily the best player, and you can much more realistically get value out of multiple WRs than a backup O-Lineman. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

This would be a pretty poor outcome of options, I will say that. 

I think we all want a CB, but both JPJ and Brian Thomas are good players worth the pick here. It's not like we're in a spot where all the dudes with a first round grade have been snatched up.

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Brian Thomas is easily the best player, and you can much more realistically get value out of multiple WRs than a backup O-Lineman. 

You can switch my vote 

Load up the weapons 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

You can switch my vote 

Load up the weapons 

Gonna give 2 more hours for anyone else to try and swing things. I don't know what the count is right now TBH

We have seen 2 years in a row now that Jalen Hurts does not utilize WR3. We all would love to have a 3 headed monster at WR but Jalen has shown he isnt the type of QB to get WR3 the ball. Maybe he can get better and change that, but as it stands right now...drafting a WR in the 1st round is for sure a waste of resources. Because of Jalen Hurts, a backup OT makes more sense for this football team right now. As does a CB, DT, and possibly edge depending what happens to Reddick.

6 hours ago, Danger said:

Circle of* jerks, legally distinct.

McDonald's has the Big Mac, but McDowell's has the Big Mick. They both have two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles and onions. But McDonald's buns have sesame seeds. McDowell's buns have no seeds,  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

We have seen 2 years in a row now that Jalen Hurts does not utilize WR3. We all would love to have a 3 headed monster at WR but Jalen has shown he isnt the type of QB to get WR3 the ball. Maybe he can get better and change that, but as it stands right now...drafting a WR in the 1st round is for sure a waste of resources. Because of Jalen Hurts, a backup OT makes more sense for this football team right now. As does a CB, DT, and possibly edge depending what happens to Reddick.

Jalen utilized the middle of the field much more in 2022 than in 2023.

Could it be due to scheme, and the fact that out slot guys whoever they've been/WR3 what have you have been really bad? I mean c'mon now Quez Watkins? LOL

56 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think we all want a CB, but both JPJ and Brian Thomas are good players worth the pick here. It's not like we're in a spot where all the dudes with a first round grade have been snatched up.

I agree I mean they're both worth the pick, just not how I'd draw it up if I had my druthers.

17 minutes ago, Danger said:

Jalen utilized the middle of the field much more in 2022 than in 2023.

Could it be due to scheme, and the fact that out slot guys whoever they've been/WR3 what have you have been really bad? I mean c'mon now Quez Watkins? LOL

It could be due to scheme or it could be Jalen. Quez, Pascal, OZ, Julio. All of these guys got starts at WR3 and not saying all of these guys are stars but I dont think it was a talent issue. Its either a scheme or Jalen issue, and I dont think im willing to bet a 1st round pick that it gets better. WR3 on this team should be a 3rd round pick or so. Just as RB and LB.

4 hours ago, Danger said:

One would also be a first round pick and the other was a third. It is much easier to stomach a third rounder being a backup than a first having to play behind AJ and Smitty. Moore's offense is also heavy 12 personnel compared to what we have run the past 3 years so we will be running less 3 WR sets. I agree he is great value at 22, but so is JPJ and he can plug into the OL day one at either Center or RG.

Realistically we are trading out here 10/10 times in the real draft so it is kind of irrelevant imo, but I think WR in the first round is big time luxury unless there is just no one else even close to the level of prospect available which I don't think is the case here.  

14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

One would also be a first round pick and the other was a third. It is much easier to stomach a third rounder being a backup than a first having to play behind AJ and Smitty. Moore's offense is also heavy 12 personnel compared to what we have run the past 3 years so we will be running less 3 WR sets. I agree he is great value at 22, but so is JPJ and he can plug into the OL day one at either Center or RG.

Realistically we are trading out here 10/10 times in the real draft so it is kind of irrelevant imo, but I think WR in the first round is big time luxury unless there is just no one else even close to the level of prospect available which I don't think is the case here.  

Last year people were saying if Bijan was there at 30 you take him. But now Brian Thomas Jr is there at 22 and people are like, nah let's not take a good player at a more valuable position? I don't get it man.

The thing to me is. I still entirely believe in Tyler Steen's ability under Stout to become a full time guard, let's give him that chance. 

11 minutes ago, Danger said:

Last year people were saying if Bijan was there at 30 you take him. But now Brian Thomas Jr is there at 22 and people are like, nah let's not take a good player at a more valuable position? I don't get it man.

The thing to me is. I still entirely believe in Tyler Steen's ability under Stout to become a full time guard, let's give him that chance. 

If we had taken Bijan at 30 who would have been RB1?

If we take BT Jr at 22 who is WR1 and WR2? 

It's just a completely different argument.

11 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Very hard because I do believe Thomas Jr to be a superior prospect. But feel the receivers available at 50/53 will be perfectly cromulent options to choose from. But I do remember how bad it sucked to have nothing at WR for a bit a few years back. I do think Jurgens will make a really good Center. RG is what worries me. But between Steen, Hennessy and some assumed additions, I think they'll have that laced up pretty good. So, I'll go BPA here with Thomas.

Agreed, and I'd hate to spend a 1st round pick on a WR for the third time in 4 years but I also have read that Powers-Johnson best fit is at center which I believe is Jurgens best fit. Out of these two, I'd go Thomas as there is some concerns over AJ Brown's attitude and he could help the Eagles move on from AJ in another year or two if needed.