Circle of Jerks mock draft '24 - Eagles OTC @ 22, come vote for the pick

Eagles selection  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who do the Eagles take at pick 22? (No trades)

• C Jackson Powers-Johnson, Oregon
    • EDGE Laiatu Latu, UCLA
    • WR Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
    • WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas
    • DT Johnny Newton, Illinois
    • EDGE Chop Robinson, Penn State
    • G/T Graham Barton, Duke
    • OT Tyler Guyton, Oklahoma
    • WR Xavier Worthy, Texas
    • WR Keon Coleman, Florida State
    • CB Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
    • Other (Specify)

46 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

If we had taken Bijan at 30 who would have been RB1?

If we take BT Jr at 22 who is WR1 and WR2? 

It's just a completely different argument.

As much as I like SaQuon, objectively giving him that kind of money wasn't a good move. RBs tend to have very little to offer in a "WAR" stat if you're thinking about it like baseball. WRs also have a longer shelf life. 

And think ahead too. I think there's a good chance AJ isn't reupped after 2025.

CAN NOT believe this forum wants to draft a GD WR in the 1st rd with AJ,Smitty on the roster?

If you don't want OL because it's not the sexy pick for the love of MF god, take CB, S, LB instead?

Anything other then the 3rd WR and 5th option in this offense in 2024. It's truly ridiculous,  honestly!!!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Danger said:

@Jeezla @TheRealMcCoy @EaglesFlySBChampsHigh @EAGLES3658 @Wentz you dog you @EagleBlueDon

Consider this post a run off between WR Brian Thomas Jr and C Austin Powers-Johnson

You 6 cast your vote for one of those two in response here.

I’ll take Powers-Johnson…. Thomas Jr is overkill. IOL is a problem and this addresses that and gives us a starter. I will say I haven’t watched Powers Johnson at all lol

• Like 1

On 3/19/2024 at 3:02 PM, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I'd rather go Rakestraw than McKinstry if the board did fall like this and we really wanted a CB.

I like Latu, but we just invested in Huff and Sweat is still on the roster. We would just be too deep at DE imo. If Reddick is moved I could change my mind.

WR feels like a waste of resources. Smitty is getting re-signed in the next year. Sure we might move on from AJ in a couple years, but there is a lot of value at other positions here even if I like Thomas Jr. If they have him as clear BPA at this spot I am ok with it, but I personally wouldn't.

The way the board fell in this mock there is just so much value at OL late in round 1. Would almost be wasteful not to tap into that.

Rakestraw isn’t in the same stratosphere as Kool-Aid…. It’s not even close.

And @Scalamania Kool-Aid was in the 30’s out of 210 qualifying CBs for missed tackle rate. He isn’t a thunderous tackler but he’s solid. He’s an overall very sound CB with great fundamentals and technique. He also very well may be the most patient CB in the draft when it comes to playing press coverage. And in regard to his speed, he is definitely fast enough IMO. You don’t have to run 4.3 speed as a corner if you know leverage and technique which he is really good with. A lot of the best corners in the league do not run in the 4.3’s.

Additionally, Kool-Aid is smart as hell and will execute Fangio’s match principles from day one. I think he has solid short area quickness but his main downfall to me is that he doesn’t have the explosion that Arnold and Wiggins have to recover when they are beaten or drive into a WR in front of them. Overall, I would be pumped if we took him. Just a dang good ball player all around and he is tough as nails. Everyone at Bama seems to rave about his work ethic.

On 3/19/2024 at 10:01 PM, babyatemydingo said:

I wish I could access some of the old threads where we could package Gocong and Moats and get a 1.

The good old days.

I went JPJ, seems like a no-brainer with Jurgens moving from G back to C.

Also, it's a deep WR class. A guy will be there in the second round.

Edited by eagles91
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Being serious when I say this, there is ZERO chance if this was Howie's option, the way this board fell, he takes Brian Thomas Jr. 

Zero!

Why would the eagles draft a center when they don't need a center? Have their starter and backup there already. 

• Like 1

A C in the first is silly for a team that doesn’t need one. A WR to play slot is def more a luxury pick. But a perfect pick to transition to AJ hitting the bricks in a couple years. With that said, we probably would find better value in drafting a CB or T. But all depends on how the board falls. It’s ok for more than one notion to be true. 

Lets Face it its a crap shoot on what Howie could do this Year because every position of need has depth and are all very comparable. If you want a top prospect your gonna need to trade up to 14-17 IMO. Everyone after 18 is so interchangeable imo going all the way to the 3rd round. Think this year gonna be some crazy reaches, some crazy falls of expected draft position and I think some crazy movement to the draft order. 

17 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

Lets face it, Jalen will bail out of the pocket before getting to his 4th sometimes 3rd reads. so WR is pointless in round 1 imo. 

Yep exactly… Thomas Jr doesn’t really make sense. If we don’t go DB (which we should if one of the top four DBs are there: Mitchell, Arnold, Wiggins, or Kool-Aid), we need to go OL bc that unit needs to maintain its prominence to help Jalen out.