Sneed Traded to the Titans

33 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I hate that this is a pick for next year. This draft a 3rd round pick would be great.?Who knows what next years draft will entail z

To be fair, I think it's pretty safe the Titans will still be not good. Though I did expect a 3rd this year, not next.

Would love to see the money this saves go to bringing back Danna and Smith on modest 1 year deals. Feels like we'd have a really substantial amount of flexibility in the draft in that case. Could go WR, OL, DB, or DL, but don't urgently have to do any of them.

I figured around a 2 n 4 but the more time went by I just figured we were keeping him.

Good for him to get his bag and I'll miss seeing him out there for us but we got some young guns that are coming and I think we'll be ok. 

Compensation is definitely not what I expected - just slightly more than a comp pick. However - this is fix, a comp pick could be voided by own signings. TEN by the way has THREE 7th round picks: #221, #227, and #242. The Chiefs own #252.

In other news: As unused cap can be turned over to the following year, I'd think about the cap space gained with a l<view to the more distant future: next year both Humphrey and Trey Smith will be free agents. The room gained now would probably allow to extend them (well, at min one of them) if you don't spend it this year. And quite honestly: who is left out there to spend 20 M$ on?

As for the draft: I now see three focus areas: OT, WR, and DB. After the Hollywood signing I'm not sure WR would be my top priority. I'd pick the best guy available at any of those three positions.

Edited by KC_Guy

29 minutes ago, KC_Guy said:

Compensation is definitely not what I expected - just slightly more than a comp pick. However - this is fix, a comp pick could be voided by own signings. TEN by the way has THREE 7th round picks: #221, #227, and #242. The Chiefs own #252.

In other news: As unused cap can be turned over to the following year, I'd think about the cap space gained with a l<view to the more distant future: next year both Humphrey and Trey Smith will be free agents. The room gained now would probably allow to extend them (well, at min one of them) if you don't spend it this year. And quite honestly: who is left out there to spend 20 M$ on?

As for the draft: I now see three focus areas: OT, WR, and DB. After the Hollywood signing I'm not sure WR would be my top priority. I'd pick the best guy available at any of those three positions.

We need DE. Danna is unsigned and Omenihu is unavailable even if he extends. Unless FAU makes a huge step forward, we need bodies. 

OT is a thing. We will not bring Smith back and Prince is iffy. Taylor and Niang are in their last year and neither inspires confidence. Wanya Morris will likely start. Where he starts is a question. I think LT but others disagree. My question is whether or not you want Taylor at LT. Either way, unless Niang steps up, it's Taylor and Morris and an empty slot next year. At #32 we could get someone to push Taylor this season.

I am glad for all the 7th-round picks. We have a lot of depth issues that can be addressed late in the draft. If nothing else, ST will like it.

As to where we can spend money, consider the expiring rook contracts. Bolton, Smith, and Humphry could get extensions.

I expect us to draft DB but I do not see it as a focus area. We have Reid for another year and Connor to replace him. Losing Sneed is big but McDuffie is good and Williams and Watson cover the other side. This is more of a depth issue. 

2 hours ago, KC_Guy said:

There's no high end guys, but there are still mid and low tier free agents. Guys who didn't get the market they wanted and will settle for a modest one year deal. I don't think they'll go into the draft without signing a LT. The vibe I get is that we will not let the OL sink us like it did in 2020, and it'd be a huge risk to go into the season with just Morris and a rookie competing for an OT spot. Would also force us into picking one high, and I don't think they like that either. So I think we would definitely look to either bring back Smith or add another vet who could hold down the fort for one year if need be. Charles Leno Jr. or something like that.

See where Danna's market has fallen to, or see about a one year mercenary DE like we did with Dunlap or Ingram in years past, in case Omenihu misses substantial time and FAU isn't ready. And just for depth. If it's one of the older guys, probably wouldn't happen until late. But there's tons of those guys out there still.

To me, you do that, and the draft is wide open, not having to over-commit to any single position.

Does it weird anyone out how much chatter there's been about Sneed's knee just now? Like, I remember that being a whole thing in training camp, but I really don't remember hearing about it at all after that point, until the last like week or two with the trade rumors.

1 hour ago, Jakuvious said:

Does it weird anyone out how much chatter there's been about Sneed's knee just now? Like, I remember that being a whole thing in training camp, but I really don't remember hearing about it at all after that point, until the last like week or two with the trade rumors.

I think it just kind of got swept under the rug because he never missed a game.  He was on the injury report most of the year tho,  just seemed like the knee was an all year thing but they had some other injuries to list outside that.  
Idk if as big of deal as people as making it out to be tho.   

Im good with the comp,  it’s light but we can move on to the next stage now.   

As far as current money, I would say look at Creed, see what’s going on with Danna, and someone I think we could take a look at would be Xavien Howard.  He’s come out and said he’s willing to take less money for a shot at a ring. Again to me, I’d ask about creating maximum draft flexibility.

I don’t see going the Vet route at CB.  I mean they may,  but honestly either 1) I don’t care what they do in the secondary or 2)have 0 worries about what they do in the secondary.   This FO and staffing are totally on point with what they want out their players there.  

I’m interested to see if they lock up Bolton or Creed early though.