• Tyler Nubin S | Minnesota
    • Kris Jenkins DL | Michigan
    • Mike Sainristil CB | Michigan
    • Bralen Trice EDGE | Washington
    • Kamren Kinchens S | Miami (FL)
    • Kris Abrams-Draine CB | Missouri
    • Other, post the choice

33 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Not a great argument.  The Eagles are 1 snap away from Kenny Pickett being the starting QB.  1 snap away from Cal or Okwu being our starting TE.  1 snap away from Fred Johnson being our Starting RT.  1 snap away from Kenny Gainwell being a workhorse back.  1 snap away from AJ or DeVonta and a bunch of scrubs being your WR core.

The Eagles best path back to the SB is to have an elite offense.  It's going to be harder than ever to play defense this year.  Go score 40 pts a game and make life easy on your defense.

This is the exact argument that should be made for going Best Player available. "anyone could get injured, so we may as well make sure we stockpile as many good players as possible."

38 minutes ago, CasperX22 said:

Makes sense.  He has some inside outside versatility.  Would fit well in a zone heavy scheme and can probably be had early day 3.

I think he's getting some late 1st round buzz. He'll be drafted at some point day 2.

I still think the Eagles are thin at WR.
While they've added some pieces there it's no one I'd want to start multiple games.
I chose Wilson, but would be satisfied with Pearsall, too.

I guess you could say the same at TE, but I feel like the Eagles want more (and believe they can get it) from their reserves.
Stoll was limited and frankly, in the way.
A lot of it comes down to coaching, not in the sense of elevating play, but rather putting players in a position to succeed.
I don't think that was done last year.  Duh.

I like Nubin from the little I've seen, but I think his athletic testing probably took him off our board.

In the last 4 draft classes the Eagles have not taken a player with a RAS under a 5.66/5.67 and those scores were by Kenny Gainwell and Tarron Jackson respectively who were also 5th and 6th round picks.

Here is Nubin's RAS:

TATzguW.png

Nakobe Dean obviously didn't test and maybe if he tested poorly with his size he could've came in closer to Nubin's RAS, but I'm pretty sure even he would've been in the 5-6 RAS range.

I just don't know if we would do it.

16 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like Nubin from the little I've seen, but I think his athletic testing probably took him off our board.

Notable guys:
Dadrion Taylor-Demerson 8.74
Jaden Hicks 9.28
Javon Bullard 8.17
Cole Bishop 9.87
Kitan Oladapo 8.14
Evan Williams 8.10
Sione Vaki 7.85

45 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

In the last 4 draft classes the Eagles have not taken a player with a RAS under a 5.66/5.67 and those scores were by Kenny Gainwell and Tarron Jackson respectively who were also 5th and 6th round picks.

Here is Nubin's RAS:

TATzguW.png

Nakobe Dean obviously didn't test and maybe if he tested poorly with his size he could've came in closer to Nubin's RAS, but I'm pretty sure even he would've been in the 5-6 RAS range.

I just don't know if we would do it.

Confirmed we're taking Trevin Wallace and Theo Johnson.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Notable guys:
Dadrion Taylor-Demerson 8.74
Jaden Hicks 9.28
Javon Bullard 8.17
Cole Bishop 9.87
Kitan Oladapo 8.14
Evan Williams 8.10
Sione Vaki 7.85

Yeah, I don't know if we go Bullard or Hicks in round 2, but since our Kenny Pickett trade back I've been selecting Bishop at 120 pretty often.

11 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

I'd be okay with taking him or whoever for the OL in the first. I am a trench first guy no doubt. But like I have said before, you better have a damn good plan to address the corner spot opposite Slay if you put off CB in the 1st. Rolling into a season with what they have there now is not appropriate for a super bowl-hopeful team to have. It's not good enough to win a super bowl.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be okay with taking him or whoever for the OL in the first. I am a trench first guy no doubt. But like I have said before, you better have a damn good plan to address the corner spot opposite Slay if you put off CB in the 1st. Rolling into a season with what they have there now is not appropriate for a super bowl-hopeful team to have. It's not good enough to win a super bowl.

Bradberry is opposite Slay and the team believes that they can get a better year out of him I think. Ringo and Ricks are the primary outside backup CBs. Our biggest concern is the slot CB position. We have seen how the defense changes when Maddox would miss time. We not only need a legit starting slot CB but a backup slot that isnt a total scrub as well.

37 minutes ago, UndyTaker said:

Bradberry is opposite Slay and the team believes that they can get a better year out of him I think. Ringo and Ricks are the primary outside backup CBs. Our biggest concern is the slot CB position. We have seen how the defense changes when Maddox would miss time. We not only need a legit starting slot CB but a backup slot that isnt a total scrub as well.

There's just no way I could trot JB out there in good conscience. My man was absolutely cooked time and time again and looked basically 100% washed. Ringo and Ricks showed some promise but damn to entrust anything of significance unto them, as your plan A, would be absolutely asinine. Not saying you said that, just saying they can't.

• Like 2