Final Draft Mock. I am pathetic I know.

JetsandI

I haven't been doing the draft mock as Jets GM well.  I sat back and waited for turns to make picks and it sucked.  My first 4 picks are

*Amen* Are you ready? Here it goes. Parenthesis explains why bad.

1st Round: OT Taliese Fuaga (Top 10 without LT experience)
3rd Round: S Jaden Hicks (5th round value at best)
4th Round: WR Javon Baker (Passiveness makes me miss out better WR)
4th Round: IOL Beaux Limmer (Not sure what is his natural fit for Jets, lol)

My sincerely apologies, Jet fans.  Because of this, I am eager to develop the last fictional Jets mock.

Jets sent: 1.10, 3.72 and 6.185 (1547)
Eagles sent: 1.22, 2.50 and 2.53 (1550)

1.22: WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas

-Mike Williams may not be ready for the training camp so Mitchell has chance to win Aaron Rodgers' trust during the training camp. Whoever starts, whoever backs up, this spot should be secured among with Jason Brownlee continuing to develop into starting caliber.

2.50: OT Kiran Amegadjie, Yale

-That is an assumption that he is good for up and about on April 3 (Pro Day). He has traits to be a franchise LT and strength to be RT. Taking him in 2nd is better than forcibly taking Talise Fuaga, who never plays a single snap at LT, at 10.  I would take Troy Fautanu and either Malachi Corley or Xavier Legette instead if Amegadjie was no good despite it sounds less appealing.

2.53: IOL Zach Frazier, West Virginia

-On paper, IOL looks good but Alijah Vera Tucker's 5th year option may or may not be exercised due to his back to back out of seasons. John Simpson will be tested once again.  Neither guarantees starting job for 2025. Frazier is kind of who we have been looking for at C. Yes, that means Joe Tippmann could move to either G depending on whatever situation they are in.

4.111: WR Malik Washington, Virginia

-That spot I hope Jets are able to scoop Washington in real life despite Jets being still high on Xavier Gipson. I read somewhere that both Brownlee and Gipson had got Rodgers' attention during the training camp last year but Rodgers is a snob. That means Rodgers will look away abruptly if everything goes sour. Washington's character and work ethic are off the chart as well as his ability to pick up new routes as he is progressing.  I can see him to take over slot spot right away with Gipson backing him up. Lazard can be in for a possession duty and red zone target if he can catch for real.

4.139: CB Cam Hart, Notre Dame

-Jets have not addressed at DJ Reed and Tony Adams' depth spots via free agents. Granted, Isaiah Oliver is signed but I think he will be used inside only, not boundary. Hence, I opted for CB here. Hart is a natural zone CB which is easily fit in Jets' defense. He has tons of starting experience, and that goes among with his lengthy physical tools. DJ Reed is entering contract year so Jets may need CB with high starting caliber rather than a developing CB today, just in case.

7.256: QB Devin Leary, Kentucky

-I have been against drafting qb this year but for a penultimate selection, it won't upset me. Jets could audition a several UDFA but Leary has good tools and enough game starting experience at high level to be convinced by other teams. I spent that pick on Leary on purpose to avoid frivolous craps about another Brock Purdy in NY/NJ media circus.  We have enough of circus bs. Agreed?

7.257: NT Zion Logue, Georgia

-Congratulation to Logue for being prestigious Mr. Irrelevant! Logue is born and grown up as a rotational NT so Jets' role should be no stranger to him. Besides he played for UGA so what is the worst that could happen? lol

UDFA interests? (I am no expert but hey!)  *Pritorized Sequence*

OL: Tylan Grable, UCF (Possibly a draftee but take him if available; Athleticism off the chart)
S: Tyler Owens, Texas Tech (Measureables and Tests stood out but intelligence blows)
WR: Hayden Hatten, Idaho (Similar to Brownlee of last year I think)
TE: Baylor Cupp, Texas Tech (Natural in line blocker but has speed)
QB: Gunnar Watson, Troy (6 year Senior with 4 years as a starter, turned 24 last January)
DE: Jalyx Hunt, Houston Christian (Solid measureables but apparently not stout)

Oh, I almost forget....  Zach Wilson is traded to Detroit Lions for 2025 6th round pick.

Solid. I really like that Yale OT. I am all in on trading down, adding a second-round pick and going either OT and WR with the first two picks, or WR and OT.

I also like interior offensive lineman with our third pick. Either that or safety for me. Then I am probably going QB and/or running back.

I prefer Worthy over Mitchell. I think Rodgers could use Worthy as an incredible decoy for this offense. Garrett Wilson underneath when teams are playing off Worthy's speed? I want some of that. 

So basically, if we can land a quality WR, a solid developmental LT, a decent developmental QB (Joe Milton III?, the second Taigovailoa brother?), a developmental offensive guard, a potential starting safety (or rotational safety), a backup linebacker and a backup running back, that to me is an ideal draft.

Let's see how close we can get to that.

Good stuff, jetsandl! 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I haven't been doing the draft mock as Jets GM well.  I sat back and waited for turns to make picks and it sucked.  My first 4 picks are

*Amen* Are you ready? Here it goes. Parenthesis explains why bad.

1st Round: OT Taliese Fuaga (Top 10 without LT experience)
3rd Round: S Jaden Hicks (5th round value at best)
4th Round: WR Javon Baker (Passiveness makes me miss out better WR)
4th Round: IOL Beaux Limmer (Not sure what is his natural fit for Jets, lol)

My sincerely apologies, Jet fans.  Because of this, I am eager to develop the last fictional Jets mock.

1.22: WR Adonai Mitchell, Texas

-Mike Williams may not be ready for the training camp so Mitchell has chance to win Aaron Rodgers' trust during the training camp. Whoever starts, whoever backs up, this spot should be secured among with Jason Brownlee continuing to develop into starting caliber.

2.50: OT Kiran Amegadjie, Yale

-That is an assumption that he is good for up and about on April 3 (Pro Day). He has traits to be a franchise LT and strength to be RT. Taking him in 2nd is better than forcibly taking Talise Fuaga, who never plays a single snap at LT, at 10.  I would take Troy Fautanu and either Malachi Corley or Xavier Legette instead if Amegadjie was no good despite it sounds less appealing.

2.53: IOL Zach Frazier, West Virginia

-On paper, IOL looks good but Alijah Vera Tucker's 5th year option may or may not be exercised due to his back to back out of seasons. John Simpson will be tested once again.  Neither guarantees starting job for 2025. Frazier is kind of who we have been looking for at C. Yes, that means Joe Tippmann could move to either G depending on whatever situation they are in.

4.111: WR Malik Washington, Virginia

-That spot I hope Jets are able to scoop Washington in real life despite Jets being still high on Xavier Gipson. I read somewhere that both Brownlee and Gipson had got Rodgers' attention during the training camp last year but Rodgers is a snob. That means Rodgers will look away abruptly if everything goes sour. Washington's character and work ethic are off the chart as well as his ability to pick up new routes as he is progressing.  I can see him to take over slot spot right away with Gipson backing him up. Lazard can be in for a possession duty and red zone target if he can catch for real.

4.139: CB Cam Hart, Notre Dame

-Jets have not addressed at DJ Reed and Tony Adams' depth spots via free agents. Granted, Isaiah Oliver is signed but I think he will be used inside only, not boundary. Hence, I opted for CB here. Hart is a natural zone CB which is easily fit in Jets' defense. He has tons of starting experience, and that goes among with his lengthy physical tools. DJ Reed is entering contract year so Jets may need CB with high starting caliber rather than a developing CB today, just in case.

7.256: QB Devin Leary, Kentucky

-I have been against drafting qb this year but for a penultimate selection, it won't upset me. Jets could audition a several UDFA but Leary has good tools and enough game starting experience at high level to be convinced by other teams. I spent that pick on Leary on purpose to avoid frivolous craps about another Brock Purdy in NY/NJ media circus.  We have enough of circus bs. Agreed?

7.257: NT Zion Logue, Georgia

-Congratulation to Logue for being prestigious Mr. Irrelevant! Logue is born and grown up as a rotational NT so Jets' role should be no stranger to him. Besides he played for UGA so what is the worst that could happen? lol

UDFA interests? (I am no expert but hey!)  *Pritorized Sequence*

OL: Tylan Grable, UCF (Possibly a draftee but take him if available; Athleticism off the chart)
S: Tyler Owens, Texas Tech (Measureables and Tests stood out but intelligence blows)
WR: Hayden Hatten, Idaho (Similar to Brownlee of last year I think)
TE: Baylor Cupp, Texas Tech (Natural in line blocker but has speed)
QB: Gunnar Watson, Troy (6 year Senior with 4 years as a starter, turned 24 last January)
DE: Jalyx Hunt, Houston Christian (Solid measureables but apparently not stout)

WOW, for a first -time mock drafter, you did a hell of a job. Clear easy to read, and to the point. But I still miss your Henny Youngman's one liners, when you respond to some else who made a post.

Oh, I almost forget....  Zach Wilson is traded to Detroit Lions for 2025 6th round pick.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not a fan of the trade. If the drop from 10 to 22 that is a very big drop. If I traded down it would be mid teens and grab an extra 2nd round pick this year. 

I like that trade because it helps Jets collect 3 top 50 rather than either 2 or 3 top 50 with current real life picks.  I used drafttek value chart to make this trade logical.  In real life, I dont know if Jets are able to get 2nd round pick as extra pick via dropping to outside top 20. 

If there is 2 qbs off the board by Jets' OTC then Jets can net more than that.

15 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I like that trade because it helps Jets collect 3 top 50 rather than either 2 or 3 top 50 with current real life picks.  I used drafttek value chart to make this trade logical.  In real life, I dont know if Jets are able to get 2nd round pick as extra pick via dropping to outside top 20. 

If there is 2 qbs off the board by Jets' OTC then Jets can net more than that.

The Jets are not in the business of dropping down after the last few adds. They will pick the person at 10 or move up. They are a win now not 2-3 years from now. There is no window for this. You can get a starter at 10 I doubt you get a starter at 22 or lower for the Jets. I see more and more drafts dropping Harrison. If he is there around 6-8 the Jets move up to grab him. 

JD will play his hand, if there is a QB/TE/WR/OL that another team not too far down fall in love with and is willing to part with a number 2 and better, then consider JD all in. 

But considering the FA moves the Jets have made both offensively and defensively, they are pulling out all the stops to make this season one in which at the least they make the playoffs and God willing go to the big dance.

If that is the case, and I believe it is then JD sits tight knowing that the top OL will be available to the Jets at 10 and while it isn't a sexy pick like a WR/QB. The Jets have aging players on the line and drafting a bluechip OL as insurance makes all the sense in the world.

The WR position is deep into the 4th round, but should the Jets find themselves unable to take a WR in round 1, look for JD to trade up, which is his legacy and pick up a starting calibre WR in the 2nd round like Pearsall or McConkey .

• Like 1

On 3/30/2024 at 11:34 AM, Big T said:

If that is the case, and I believe it is then JD sits tight knowing that the top OL will be available to the Jets at 10 and while it isn't a sexy pick like a WR/QB. The Jets have aging players on the line and drafting a bluechip OL as insurance makes all the sense in the world.

The WR position is deep into the 4th round, but should the Jets find themselves unable to take a WR in round 1, look for JD to trade up, which is his legacy and pick up a starting calibre WR in the 2nd round like Pearsall or McConkey .

This. I just really do not want to head into next offseason needing two starting OT’s again. The Jets may be in a win now mode, but any rookie we draft is not contributing as much as people think. Is a WR going to start over Williams or Wilson?  A QB?  Nope.

21 hours ago, xrade said:

This. I just really do not want to head into next offseason needing two starting OT’s again. The Jets may be in a win now mode, but any rookie we draft is not contributing as much as people think. Is a WR going to start over Williams or Wilson?  A QB?  Nope.

Williams may not be ready by week 1. i know he said he is ahead of his plan but he tore his acl in week 3 and it is going to be very tight if he makes week 1 or 2. If one of the top WR is there at 10 he will be the pick I think. If the big 3 WR are gone then it is a T. One of the T or WR will be there at 10. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:44 AM, jetfuel34 said:

The Jets are not in the business of dropping down after the last few adds. They will pick the person at 10 or move up. They are a win now not 2-3 years from now. There is no window for this. You can get a starter at 10 I doubt you get a starter at 22 or lower for the Jets. I see more and more drafts dropping Harrison. If he is there around 6-8 the Jets move up to grab him. 

Brock Bowsers is only one that can be a starter in 2024 for Jets at 10.   Otherwise, we can get starter from either spots elsewhere on the roster.

17 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Brock Bowsers is only one that can be a starter in 2024 for Jets at 10.

I'm not so sure he starts over Conklin.  When the Jets go 2 TE, I expect Ruckert to be the blocking TE.  TE is notoriously tough for a rookie unless the rookie is only asked to be a receiver.  Bowers will be eased into the role like any rookie we get.  However, it is probable that he gets more PT over an OT or WR.

I see JD saying they are in business of trading down. This is smoke to me. I think he is eyeing a guy and wants to move up. I just have a feeling he is moving up to grab Harrison. Your looking at top 3 picks being QB. I don't see that changing at all. Ya it might be different teams at the top and the QB's may be in differnt order but top 3 will be QB's. Then you get the Cards at 4. I think the Jets make a trade with the Cards to land Harrison. They will trade a player and picks. I'm not sure on player or picks but this would be a JD move to me. 

14 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just have a feeling he is moving up to grab Harrison

That is a hell of an expensive jump especially for a non QB.  If we were a playoff team, not an on paper playoff team, but a team that has been to the playoffs the last couple of years AND all we needed was a WR, then yeah, maybe.  But since it is widely accepted that there will be one of the three WR available to us, and we have more needs than just WR, that would be a stupid move.

I just do not see JD panicking and doing something like that.  I truly believe he is going to either right the ship or go down with it doing it his way and not trading away future high draft picks.  If there is a surprise pick or two before 10, like 5 or 6 QB's going before 10, JD may trade down a bit.  But realistically, I see us staying at 10.