2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

Just now, beekay414 said:

You don't know who my guy is tho. You think you do but you don't! 

I know I'm not taking your guy because you've already taken a guy at this position lol 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I know I'm not taking your guy because you've already taken a guy at this position lol 

One of the six guys I was considering was at a position I already drafted. He was the highest on my BB, but seemed like kind of a waste.

• Like 1

I wanted 1 of 2 RBs in this mock: Guerendo or Wright.

As soon as Wright was off the board, I got aggressive.

We're set at QB, RB (now), WR, TE, OL, DL, LB (play a 4-2-5), & in the secondary.

IRL I think Texans sign Justin Simmons or Quandre Diggs (Angleton, baby!) soon so I could afford to be more aggressive. 

Plus this year's safety class is mid IMHO.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

Cowboys looking to move up from 137 - lmk if anyone’s interested

I don't see the Cowboys with 137.
Did I mess this up somewhere?

24 1 24 740 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter Jackson Powers-Johnson OC Oregon  
56 2 24 340 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB Clemson  
93 3 29 128 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter Dominick Puni OG Kansas from Bal
165 5 30 25.4 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter       from Bal
174 5 39 21.8 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter        
216 6 40 5 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter        
233 7 13 1.3 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter        
244 7 24 1 DAL Cowboys MaddHatter        
Edited by dcat

10 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I wanted 1 of 2 RBs in this mock: Guerendo or Wright.

As soon as Wright was off the board, I got aggressive.

We're set at QB, RB (now), WR, TE, OL, DL, LB (play a 4-2-5), & in the secondary.

IRL I think Texans sign Justin Simmons or Quandre Diggs (Angleton, baby!) soon so I could afford to be more aggressive. 

Plus this year's safety class is mid IMHO.

Wright is my number one running back in this class. I was very sad when he went a few picks before I was up. I should have gotten just a little aggressive to go and get him and not miss my dude. Can't blame you for just wanting to make sure you get your guy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Wright is my number one running back in this class. I was very sad when he went a few picks before I was up. I should have gotten just a little aggressive to go and get him and not miss my dude. Can't blame you for just wanting to make sure you get your guy. 

I don't see it with Wright tbh but that's just me. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

I don't see it with Wright tbh but that's just me. 

Crazy burst with breakaway speed.  Immediate three down back because I'm pretty sure he's the best pass protector in the draft.  Patient runner and has good vision. Breaks arm tackles through the line between the tackles.  The best offenses chase big plays and I think he can be a big play guy. It may be pretty offense specific, but he's a strong downhill runner. 

The major issue is that I don't know that he's going to do much in a box. He's the type that has to juke 5 yards away from the defender to make it work. I don't think he has super fluid hips or feet. There's another running back in this class that I like, for instance, who can make two defenders miss him within 2 yards because of what he can do with his feet, stop / start ability, etc. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

We traded 165 to the Patriots with a 7th to move up

oh  I missed that.  I see it above.  entering it

edit: done

Edited by dcat

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Crazy burst with breakaway speed.  Immediate three down back because I'm pretty sure he's the best pass protector in the draft.  Patient runner and has good vision. Breaks arm tackles through the line between the tackles.  The best offenses chase big plays and I think he can be a big play guy. It may be pretty offense specific, but he's a strong downhill runner. 

The major issue is that I don't know that he's going to do much in a box. He's the type that has to juke 5 yards away from the defender to make it work. I don't think he has super fluid hips or feet. There's another running back in this class that I like, for instance, who can make two defenders miss him within 2 yards because of what he can do with his feet, stop / start ability, etc. 

No, I get the appeal based on his athleticism, I just don't know if it'll translate out of that offense. He ran through some wide open holes but like you said, he's not great in tight. Packers fans are in love with him but I don't think he's a great fit for us but we do (or attempt to anyways) what you guys do so if you like him, you'd think I'd like him too for us. 

I think the guy you're talking about in the 2nd paragraph is the guy I'm in love with lol and the majority of Packers fans just aren't super intrigued by. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 3