Seahawks sign WR Laviska Shenault

TheKillerNacho

So slow and yet so quick

He's a decent back-up.  Always broke the first tackle.  But you have to call a play that is designed for him to get the ball at or around the LOS.  Otherwise he's not getting open on route-running skill or athleticism alone.  I think he has more potential as a RB than he does as a WR.  Too bad we didn't get him more looks at that position.  He's like a very poor mans Deebo Samuel.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

So slow and yet so quick

He's a decent back-up.  Always broke the first tackle.  But you have to call a play that is designed for him to get the ball at or around the LOS.  Otherwise he's not getting open on route-running skill or athleticism alone.  I think he has more potential as a RB than he does as a WR.  Too bad we didn't get him more looks at that position.  He's like a very poor mans Deebo Samuel.

Thomas Brown had him schemed up this way right when Brown got more say with the coaching change if I remember right, but then the other issue with Shenault popped up and he got hurt that game. I think slow Cordarelle Patterson more likely than Deebo at this point.

• Like 2

Could see from a mile away that he should be a Cordarrelle Patterson type guy, mostly a runner/receiving back/gadget guy. Wonder how long before he sticks in that role.

• Like 1

I remember being so puzzled and intrigued by him, and so excited to have this potentially "unique" sort of WR/RB hybrid "weapon" in that draft.  Part of it has been that he hasn't necessarily landed in places that seem to know how to absolutely maximize what he can do...but a lot of it is just, he's not really dynamic enough to be what he was in College.  He's only so much of a bowling ball with the ball in his hands, and just doesn't have the dynamic speed to do much else.  Just not really athletic enough to be a real bigtime weapon.

But ehhh...you could do worse for a body who can be the sort of bottom rung on both your WR and RB depth charts at the same time, only using up one roster spot.

• Like 1