AI Thread

I mean, for one thing, "AI" is fake in the first place.

It's not intelligent.  It's programmed by models.

It's like the ever popular AI Language Models that write like a rudimentary student an any subject.  It's so painfully apparent when it's AI writing.  The patterns are so easily recognizable.  The errors included to make it more "human" are just bizarre half the time.  It's not real AI and i'm not afraid of it.  It doesn't even understand how to make mistakes properly.

• Like 1

It's not intelligent.  It's programmed by models.

This never made any sense to me. What is intelligent? How is "fake" intelligence better or worse than "real" intelligence? Yes, it's predictive text, but when it comes to programming or asking complicated questions, it typically hits it out of the park for me. Why is this better or worse than a human doing the same?

On 4/21/2024 at 10:08 AM, elevators_rule said:

This never made any sense to me. What is intelligent? How is "fake" intelligence better or worse than "real" intelligence? Yes, it's predictive text, but when it comes to programming or asking complicated questions, it typically hits it out of the park for me. Why is this better or worse than a human doing the same?

I really don't want to feed the machine generated question here...but for the purposes of this thread, i think i will.

It is not able to generate new and novel ideas intelligently.  It's simply resynthesizing whatever it's fed on, to a lowest common denominator sort of level.

Real intelligence is the ability to apply completely unique, radical, atypical or non-linear approaches from completely separate aspects of life to problem solving.  Not to chew up and regurgitate a dataset in condensed form like an owl feeding it's chick pellets of baby bull****.  Real intelligence is inherently creative and curious.  Artificial intelligence is formulaic and relies entirely on contributions from "real intelligence" to "learn".

Quite simply...AI has to "ask" a stupid question like this about the difference between "Real Intelligence" and "Artificial Intelligence".  That's all it can do.  It's that, or feed it a bunch of text and maybe it formulates something half coherent out of the thoughts of thousands of actually intelligent people's thoughts.  With the way most AI is fed, probably thousand of completely imbeciles thoughts mixed in as well.

Theres already been an AI controversy in my big brother game when i trusted chatgpt to come up with the answers for the 20 Questions game.

In the 20q game where shovel is the answer, should i answer Yes or No to "Is it something that is often replaced"?

You would answer "Yes." Shovels can wear out or break with use, so they are often replaced, especially if they are used frequently for heavy-duty tasks.

"Is it something that is typically a part of a greater whole?"

You would answer "Yes." A shovel is indeed typically a part of a greater whole, as it is often used alongside other tools or equipment for specific tasks.

Is it something that has a standardized size and shape?

Yes, shovels often have standardized sizes and shapes for their intended functions, so the answer is "Yes."

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Theres already been an AI controversy in my big brother game when i trusted chatgpt to come up with the answers for the 20 Questions game.

In the 20q game where shovel is the answer, should i answer Yes or No to "Is it something that is often replaced"?

You would answer "Yes." Shovels can wear out or break with use, so they are often replaced, especially if they are used frequently for heavy-duty tasks.

"Is it something that is typically a part of a greater whole?"

You would answer "Yes." A shovel is indeed typically a part of a greater whole, as it is often used alongside other tools or equipment for specific tasks.

Is it something that has a standardized size and shape?

Yes, shovels often have standardized sizes and shapes for their intended functions, so the answer is "Yes."

Just hit this stupid AI over the head with a proper shovel and bury it forever.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I really don't want to feed the machine generated question here...but for the purposes of this thread, i think i will.

It is not able to generate new and novel ideas intelligently.  It's simply resynthesizing whatever it's fed on, to a lowest common denominator sort of level.

Real intelligence is the ability to apply completely unique, radical, atypical or non-linear approaches from completely separate aspects of life to problem solving.  Not to chew up and regurgitate a dataset in condensed form like an owl feeding it's chick pellets of baby bull****.  Real intelligence is inherently creative and curious.  Artificial intelligence is formulaic and relies entirely on contributions from "real intelligence" to "learn".

Quite simply...AI has to "ask" a stupid question like this about the difference between "Real Intelligence" and "Artificial Intelligence".  That's all it can do.  It's that, or feed it a bunch of text and maybe it formulates something half coherent out of the thoughts of thousands of actually intelligent people's thoughts.  With the way most AI is fed, probably thousand of completely imbeciles thoughts mixed in as well.

How is this different from human intelligence? 99% of what we do is spit out what we learned from another source. It's also most certainly not "to a lowest common denominator." If you told me I could learn about a topic from a random person, or learn about a topic from an AI, I can say with utmost confidence the AI will be more informative.

This whole thing reads like pure human ego. Stop thinking humans are special; we aren't. There is no magic behind our creativity. Modern AI models routinely outperform humans at zero-shot learning. We just simply are worse in nearly every metric when compared to AI.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:16 PM, mission27 said:
On 4/13/2024 at 8:48 PM, TLO said:

I wonder if Artificial Smugness is next

The MoL will of course be administering the Turing test for smugness 

I asked chatgpt if artifical smugness was real and they said:

Artificial smugness, much like fine wine, is an acquired taste. It's the refined essence of manufactured arrogance, designed with such precision that it rivals even the most naturally born egos. After all, why settle for authentic when you can have perfection engineered to your exact specifications?

• Like 2

The 2024 nfl draft test

Sure, let's create a speculative first round of the 2024 NFL draft using a realistic draft order based on team needs and potential outcomes:

Houston Texans: Spencer Rattler, Quarterback
Detroit Lions: Evan Neal, Offensive Tackle
New York Jets: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge Rusher
Jacksonville Jaguars: Derek Stingley Jr., Cornerback
Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Hamilton, Safety
New York Giants: Drake Jackson, Edge Rusher
Las Vegas Raiders: Treylon Burks, Wide Receiver
Carolina Panthers: Sam Howell, Quarterback
Philadelphia Eagles: Charles Cross, Offensive Tackle
Denver Broncos: Garrett Wilson, Wide Receiver
New York Jets (via Seattle): Kenyon Green, Offensive Guard
Washington Commanders: Andrew Booth Jr., Cornerback
Chicago Bears: Christian Harris, Linebacker
Minnesota Vikings: Ahmad Gardner, Cornerback
Pittsburgh Steelers: George Karlaftis, Edge Rusher
Cleveland Browns: Jalen Wydermyer, Tight End
Baltimore Ravens: Jordan Davis, Defensive Tackle
Miami Dolphins: Zion Johnson, Offensive Guard
Philadelphia Eagles (via Indianapolis): Nakobe Dean, Linebacker
New Orleans Saints: Chris Olave, Wide Receiver
Green Bay Packers: Daxton Hill, Safety
Arizona Cardinals: Bubba Bolden, Safety
Dallas Cowboys: Justyn Ross, Wide Receiver
Cincinnati Bengals: Abraham Lucas, Offensive Tackle
Buffalo Bills: Drake London, Wide Receiver
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin Lloyd, Linebacker
Kansas City Chiefs: Nicholas Petit-Frere, Offensive Tackle
Tennessee Titans: Travis Jones, Defensive Tackle
Los Angeles Chargers: Cade Mays, Offensive Guard
San Francisco 49ers: Tyler Linderbaum, Center
Miami Dolphins (via Los Angeles Rams): Kaiir Elam, Cornerback
Detroit Lions (via Dallas from Cleveland): Matt Corral, Quarterback

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

The 2024 nfl draft test

Sure, let's create a speculative first round of the 2024 NFL draft using a realistic draft order based on team needs and potential outcomes:

Houston Texans: Spencer Rattler, Quarterback
Detroit Lions: Evan Neal, Offensive Tackle
New York Jets: Kayvon Thibodeaux, Edge Rusher
Jacksonville Jaguars: Derek Stingley Jr., Cornerback
Atlanta Falcons: Kyle Hamilton, Safety
New York Giants: Drake Jackson, Edge Rusher
Las Vegas Raiders: Treylon Burks, Wide Receiver
Carolina Panthers: Sam Howell, Quarterback
Philadelphia Eagles: Charles Cross, Offensive Tackle
Denver Broncos: Garrett Wilson, Wide Receiver
New York Jets (via Seattle): Kenyon Green, Offensive Guard
Washington Commanders: Andrew Booth Jr., Cornerback