2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

11 hours ago, Refugee said:

Love just gave an interview that gave Bak some credit for Walker’s growth last year. Big if true, although I feel that’s the least he could do for that contract. 

For all the crap some gave Bakh for daring to have a severe leg injury after signing a big contract, I've seen little to indicate he's anything other than a great teammate. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

We can agree to disagree. 

Who would you take Tom over?
49ers - Trent Williams, Both Eagles Tackles, Lions  - Sewell , Vikings- Darrisaw, Bucs- Wirfs.  Giants - Andrew Thomas 
That's 7 and we haven't even touched the AFC.

Edited by GHARMON9
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

For all the crap some gave Bakh for daring to have a severe leg injury after signing a big contract, I've seen little to indicate he's anything other than a great teammate. 

The people who whine about Bak's injury after he signed the contract are idiots.

Just now, GHARMON9 said:

You would you take Tom over?
49ers - Trent Williams, Both Eagles Tackles, Lions  - Sewell , Vikings- Darrisaw, Bucs- Wirfs.  Giants - Andrew Thomas 

Yeah, there are just a lot of good OT's in the league.  Saying Tom isn't top 5 is not an insult.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Decker, Conklin, Orlando Brown, Stanley, Tunsil, Braden Smith, Kolton Miller, Slater + others.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GHARMON9 said:

Zach Tom is a RT, that is his position. So. you named two and I'm taking him over one of those, Lane Johnson at this point in Johnson's career in a heartbeat. 

48 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Decker, Conklin, Orlando Brown, Stanley, Tunsil, Braden Smith, Kolton Miller, Slater + others.  

Tom is in this group. And probably toward the top of it.

Unlwss this is the group youd take Tom over. Then okidokie.

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrimiv said:

The people who whine about Bak's injury after he signed the contract are idiots.

I don’t know about whining but I have had my lamentations. Signing that deal and immediately getting what seems like a career ending injury absolutely set us back. Not only did it hamstring (kneecap?) the cap but it was an undeniable factor in things going off the rails for Rodgers’ last run. Gute did an amazing job in clearing those old guard contracts and getting assets for most but damn, what might have been.

Of course the injury is not the fault of Bak or Gute so you just have to take the lumps and move on. Anyone criticizing the player who just sacrificed his knee to the game is a fool but it definitely stung from a team perspective. 

Edited by Refugee

Just now, Refugee said:

I don’t know about whining but I have had my lamentations. Signing that deal and immediately getting what seems like a career ending injury absolutely set us back. Not only did it hamstring (kneecap?) the cap but it was an undeniable factor in things going off the rails for Rodgers’ last run. Gute did an amazing job in clearing those old guard contracts and getting assets for most but damn, what might have been.

Of course the injury is not the fault of Bak or Gute so you just have to take the lumps and move on. Anyone criticizing the player who just sacrificed his knee to the game is a fool but it definitely stung from a team perspective. 

No doubt it was definitely depressing and a bummer.  The Bak injury arguably cost GB two SB appearances.

I am strictly talking about the fans who believe Bak was somehow milking GB for the cash after the injury occurred.

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

You claimed Tom is top 5 at a premium position.  RT is not a premium position.

Apparently, GMs don't know this because they pay RTs just as much as LTs. Maybe it's possible you didn't get the memo that RT is in fact, a premium position. GMs across the league certainly did though. You know, the guys who actually get paid to make these decisions. 

Right Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Just now, Old Guy said:

Apparently, GMs don't know this because they pay RTs just as much as LTs. Maybe it's possible you didn't get the memo that RT is in fact, a premium position. GMs across the league certainly did though. You know, the guys who actually get paid to make these decisions. 

Right Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

If you believe RT only players are premium players, then we will have to agree to disagree.

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

No doubt it was definitely depressing and a bummer.  The Bak injury arguably cost GB two SB appearances.

I am strictly talking about the fans who believe Bak was somehow milking GB for the cash after the injury occurred.

I'm honestly not looking to argue with you. I think folks were frustrated with us signing Bak and a week later he tore his ACL. Then they couldn't get it fixed. 

I don't think people Bakh was trying to milk it to get paid. There were plenty who thought he should, 'tough it out.' Everybody was frustrated and some of that frustration was send his way for sure. 

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:
4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Neither Tom or Walker is a top 5 OT in the league.

It Tom isn't he's right on the doorstep, ready to kick that door in

We went from top 5 OT to now only top 5 RT