Raiders sign C/G Cody Whitehair

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think the primary goal of an offseason should be to acquire good players.

No team exclusively signs good players in an off-season. Every single team signs at least some level of depth players, because you need to do that to function in the NFL.

You’re just being obtuse (as usual).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Nightmare said:

No team exclusively signs good players in an off-season. Every single team signs at least some level of depth players, because you need to do that to function in the NFL.

You’re just being obtuse (as usual).

The raiders basically go into the draft every year and are forced to reach for need because we have massive holes at key spots. We signed one starter and lost a handful in free agency, that’s not efficient roster management to me. And the staple of Telesco’s rosters in LA was a lack of depth which is why they constantly underachieved despite having a franchise QB in place the entire time he was there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Oh look troll is back with a lame comment. Season hasn't started yet bro, like I explained earlier we still have a draft and cuts coming. We already won by not spending 100M on a guard pretty much agreed upon by most, having the worst OL in the league remains to be seen. Hit me up in September.

As it currently stands we have a bottom 5 OL. The only position you can even feel super confident about is LT.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

As it currently stands we have a bottom 5 OL. The only position you can even feel super confident about is LT.

From LT to C I feel fine, R side is trash.  Good thing this draft is one the best we’ve seen for offensive linemen. Now we come away with nothing and I’ll be super concerned…

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

From LT to C I feel fine, R side is trash.  Good thing this draft is one the best we’ve seen for offensive linemen. Now we come away with nothing and I’ll be super concerned…

Exactly! 

Kolton Miller, Dylan Parham, Andre James, Greg Van Roten, Jermaine Eluemunor

The Raiders’ offensive line put together one of the best seasons in 2023 despite turmoil at the quarterback position. Las Vegas has six different offensive linemen with over 450 snaps this season and five of them have PFF grades above 69.0. The unit has been credited with just 21 sacks this season while providing the league-average amount of time until the pressure in the pocket (2.71 seconds). Thayer Munford Jr. has developed into a solid swing tackle in his second season. Munford Jr. is allowing just four sacks and 25 pressures on 277 pass-blocking snaps while playing both right and left tackle.

That's with his boy Jimmy Glass and a 4th round rookie at QB. He acting like Van Roten and Eluemunor can't be replaced.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Parham is average and James is the definition of a JAG, OL doesn't look good and we lack depth, IMO. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Parham is average and James is the definition of a JAG, OL doesn't look good and we lack depth, IMO. 

I actually don’t disagree.  I’m fine with an average LG and C to go along with a really good LT. 

In a draft with what appears to have a lot of talent we could fill at RG and RT, we could actually have one of the youngest and fairly talented offensive lines with decent depth moving forward.  

Having two rookies on the right side will certainly have some growing pains this year. Part of the reason I’m actually hoping we skip out on a QB this year and using our top 3 picks on somr combo of RT, CB and G.

That  offensive line would be super young and cost controlled for years.  Hopefully that means long-term continuity, which is extraordinary important for a good offensive line.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Exactly! 

Kolton Miller, Dylan Parham, Andre James, Greg Van Roten, Jermaine Eluemunor

The Raiders’ offensive line put together one of the best seasons in 2023 despite turmoil at the quarterback position. Las Vegas has six different offensive linemen with over 450 snaps this season and five of them have PFF grades above 69.0. The unit has been credited with just 21 sacks this season while providing the league-average amount of time until the pressure in the pocket (2.71 seconds). Thayer Munford Jr. has developed into a solid swing tackle in his second season. Munford Jr. is allowing just four sacks and 25 pressures on 277 pass-blocking snaps while playing both right and left tackle.

That's with his boy Jimmy Glass and a 4th round rookie at QB. He acting like Van Roten and Eluemunor can't be replaced.

If we had DC, we would be a contender 

10 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Just wait until the draft is over and WE didn't draft his favourite two or three Kids and he starts again with his photoshop skills and spamming all Threads.

Sadly they told me I'd get perma banned with another warning, so I'm just here to discuss ball now.

11 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Oh look troll is back with a lame comment. Season hasn't started yet bro, like I explained earlier we still have a draft and cuts coming. We already won by not spending 100M on a guard pretty much agreed upon by most, having the worst OL in the league remains to be seen. Hit me up in September.

10 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Just wait until the draft is over and WE didn't draft his favourite two or three Kids and he starts again with his photoshop skills and spamming all Threads.

Let's keep the discussion to football and not attack NYRaider please

• Like 2