DRAFT DAY ONE:

JetsandI

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

I could see them trade up to get ahead of us. Joes mentioned TE plenty this offseason so if he sold the idea we’re interested in him they could move a head of us to get him

That I can see but then we would still need a trade partner.  I'd love for them to jump up to 8 then Chicago get the itch to draft the top defender.  Leave us running to the podium for Odunze.

8 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

That I can see but then we would still need a trade partner.  I'd love for them to jump up to 8 then Chicago get the itch to draft the top defender.  Leave us running to the podium for Odunze.

From what reports are out there is a ton of trade talk. There is even talks of this draft having the most trades in the top 10. I know for a fact JD has plenty of offers on the table for pick 10. The trades will start to flay arond pick 3. I think Williams 1 and Daniels 2 is a lock now. I don't think the Pats like JJ or Mayes at 3 and want to move out. The problem is reports out of New England is that they have got low ball offers for pick 3. Now low ball to them could be fair with the rest of the league. The best situation for the Jets is if 2 D guys go in the top 10. That would push a guy to fall that the Jets need. Now if Ind trades up to say 8 to grab Bowers that would be HUGE for the Jets. You get 2 D guys, Bowers and 4 QB's go in the top 10 this would be a dream. That means 1 of the 3 WR will be there for the Jets or Alt. I want Alt or Harrison the most. 

What I want to see is one of these three scenarios tomorrow:

- we say f%$k it, and move up to draft Marvin Harrison Jr.

- we don't like what is left at 10, move down, add a second-rounder, and go either WR/OT, OT/WR or WR/OG with our first two picks. 

- the draft falls perfectly for us and one of the two top OTs (Alt or Fashanu), or one of the top three WRs (Harrison Jr., Nabers or Odunze) falls to us.

Let's go! 

• Like 1

I think all the Bowers talk is a smoke screen, the Jets have no need for a TE and history tells us 1st round TE's don't pan out. TE is not a NEED!!!!!. The Jets are in need of 2 position groups OT and WR.

Consider now that, THAT is the case, then drafting a can't miss WR if one falls to the Jets named Nabers or Odunze then look for the Jets to grab one, however there is a dark horse to consider at WR and that is Brian Thomas who is faster and taller than any of the top 3 WR and whom the Jets did a major undertaking to look at. 

Then of course there is OT, can the Jets pass on Alt if he is there for them, can the Jets afford to put a mash unit of players in front of AR knowing that he is their greatest asset?. Could the Jets move back into the first round via trade to satisfy both needs? I think they could. 

If the Jets are all in on AR then you protect him, and grab the best OT, IMHO an OT who has played all the positions on the OL  and that would be Fautanu from W.

Going against populism, I think JD goes OT at 10 or in a minor trade down.  He has always stated he is about building the trenches.  Prove it.  WR, while a need, can wait.  We have a WR1 and a WR2.  Couple that with Rodgers supposed dislike of rookie WR's.  Getting a WR in round three, or more likely, in round 2 with some kind of trade feels like a JD move.

The big question is:  what is more likely to happen, Smith and/or Moses missing time or Williams / Wilson?  I go Smith / Moses.  I do not think the staff is that high on Warren and Mitchell and we WILL NEED a real starter in 2025. 

My hope is for Olu (assuming Alt is gone).  He is the best pure pass protector.  He will learn to run block better once he gets in an NFL strength program.  You can't teach the athleticism and light feet.  He reminds me a bit of Joe Thomas.  Smooth footwork.

Edited by xrade
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, xrade said:

Going against populism, I think JD goes OT at 10 or in a minor trade down.  He has always stated he is about building the trenches.  Prove it.  WR, while a need, can wait.  We have a WR1 and a WR2.  Couple that with Rodgers supposed dislike of rookie WR's.  Getting a WR in round three, or more likely, in round 2 with some kind of trade feels like a JD move.

The big question is:  what is more likely to happen, Smith and/or Moses missing time or Williams / Wilson?  I go Smith / Moses.  I do not think the staff is that high on Warren and Mitchell and we WILL NEED a real starter in 2025. 

My hope is for Olu (assuming Alt is gone).  He is the best pure pass protector.  He will learn to run block better once he gets in an NFL strength program.  You can't teach the athleticism and light feet.  He reminds me a bit of Joe Thomas.  Smooth footwork.

I think Olu is a home run pick. Beginning of the season and right after the season we would have begged for him. He would be perfect to sit behind Tyron Smith for a year. 

I hope JD doesn’t pull a I’m the smartest guy in the room and takes a random OL with guys like Olu, Fautanu and Fuaga available. 

For me Odunze, Fautanu, Bowers, Fashanu, Fauga in that order, if we move down and none of those guys are there I’d be happy with Brian Thomas, Keon Coleman, Latham, Mims

39 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

For me Odunze, Fautanu, Bowers, Fashanu, Fauga in that order, if we move down and none of those guys are there I’d be happy with Brian Thomas, Keon Coleman, Latham, Mims

Bowers 😡

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think Olu is a home run pick. Beginning of the season and right after the season we would have begged for him. He would be perfect to sit behind Tyron Smith for a year. 

I hope JD doesn’t pull a I’m the smartest guy in the room and takes a random OL with guys like Olu, Fautanu and Fuaga available. 

I hear you and I can see JD opting for a bigger body that can road grade.  I am good with any of them.  As for Olu and his fall, it really is nitpicking by the media and fans.  Go to the tape and tell me his tiny hands are an issue.  I would bet most GM's do not buy into that crap.  Olu will be the second OT off the board and in 3 years these same desk jockeys will be saying how x number of teams made a mistake passing on him.

Pay Me Make It Rain GIF by Debby Ryan

21 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I’m open to him, think he’s gonna be a good pro and worth a top 10-15 pick

I just can't get over the 58% behind the LOS receptions.  Those YAC which he excelled at will be much harder to come by in the NFL.  Just resign Conklin next year.