2024: Around the NFL

Forge

That’s rough! Granted I know I wanted him along with others, but I’m glad we didn’t take the risk. Seems like we avoided players with injury history/scares. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, StevenK said:

That’s rough! Granted I know I wanted him along with others, but I’m glad we didn’t take the risk. Seems like we avoided players with injury history/scares. 

This explains a lot. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StevenK said:

I knew it.  Explains why JPJ dropped as well. Every time the Niners take a risk on an injured player it bites them.  Kudos to Kyle and John for breaking that habit.   I think DeJean was probably their only other realistic option.  

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

I also saw that Maxx Melton had some criminal history as well. 

I haven't read up on our rookies, i hope most/all of them don't have any injury or criminal/character concerns 

12 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I also saw that Maxx Melton had some criminal history as well. 

I haven't read up on our rookies, i hope most/all of them don't have any injury or criminal/character concerns 

When you see it, it looks bad. It was like aggravated assault against three people. The actual details wouldn't have me as concerned overall 

I believe he was involved in a paintball altercation (drive by paintball shooting) when he was like 18 that ended up hurting 3 people

• Like 2

New Diggs/Treadwell Hypothesis data just dropped

What is that?

The Treadwell-Diggs Hypothesis is “research” I initially did as a joke and shared here before the start of the 2020 season. I was inspired to create the Treadwell-Diggs Hypothesis because of my (unfortunate) Vikings fandom.

The inspiration for the hypothesis came from Stefon Diggs and Laquon Treadwell. Diggs was frequently sharing workout videos on social media – I don’t think he does anything other than train, eat, and sleep. In contrast, 1st-round bust, Laquon Treadwell, was frequently posting pictures of himself in front of cars, out to eat, shopping, and playing video games.

Pretty meaningless into to be honest, but it's somewhat interesting to me at least. Past years data has some decent results 

• Like 3

Justin Jefferson is entering the final season of his contract, but the Minnesota Vikings are reportedly preparing to offer him a record-setting contract.

"When this deal gets done, and I think it will eventually get done, it is expected to make Justin Jefferson the highest-paid non-quarterback in NFL history," ESPN's Adam Schefter said on Wednesday's SportsCenter.

"So it will be a landmark type of a deal, and I think some of the other wide receivers are waiting to see where the Justin Jefferson comes in before they do a deal because they know the size and scope of this deal that the two sides have been working on throughout the course of the offseason."