2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)

Forge

Just now, Justone2 said:

I think an upgraded O-Line can make that difference for us. If we grabbed a WR or Bowers yeah i hate it because you just do the same thing you did with Buckner. But if the Chargers take Latham(like there is a lot of smoke about) and someone like Alt falls to 9 i would 100% do it as long as there is no real other pieces moved the other way. For this year i don't think there is any way trading Aiyuk is ever the best move. But for setting yourself up for coming years i don't think its the worst move as long as you are not falling for the same thing where we ended up picking Kinlaw and having basically a straight 1-1 comparison.

yeah if we can get Alt. I can't be too angry. I'd still be angry, but not TOO angry. 

Just now, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I don't like it, bit I get it.  Trading Aiyuk for a rookie receiver doesn't make sense to me.  

I don't mind that...its the idea that you're probably giving up Aiyuk and pick 31 to make that kind of jump. 

Just now, Forge said:

I don't mind that...its the idea that you're probably giving up Aiyuk and pick 31 to make that kind of jump. 

Yeah, the 2 for 1 probably wouldnt make us better.  We would have to get something back in the top 60 to make it work. I'm not sure what a top 10 package looks like thathas value for us. 

But i think in general i just don't really like this draft that much. It has some great top end talent but every time i do a mock i feel like i am chasing things instead of having guys i like where we pick just sitting there. Especially our first pick there just is such a big group of guys that for me are relatively the same with maybe a few exceptions in most mock simulators i've done. The only picks where is kind of like the overall talent that will probably be avaible is our 3rd/4th round picks and after that this draft kind of just gets meh very quick. 

2 minutes ago, Justone2 said:

But i think in general i just don't really like this draft that much. It has some great top end talent but every time i do a mock i feel like i am chasing things instead of having guys i like where we pick just sitting there. Especially our first pick there just is such a big group of guys that for me are relatively the same with maybe a few exceptions in most mock simulators i've done. The only picks where is kind of like the overall talent that will probably be avaible is our 3rd/4th round picks and after that this draft kind of just gets meh very quick. 

I think it's a really good draft if you have early round pick.  But late round picks, especially #31, really stink.  Kawakami has said the feeling he gets is the Niners don't like being at #31 at all.  

3 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

what about if they add an early third? lol

Don't think there will be anything substantial coming back and if any would be a pick swap. This trade already puts BA at around the 21st pick in value i believe(depending on the chart used). 

• Like 1

Just now, WhyAmIHere said:

I think it's a really good draft if you have early round pick.  But late round picks, especially #31, really stink.  Kawakami has said the feeling he gets is the Niners don't like being at #31 at all.  

Yeah like even 15-25 i would feel pretty good. But from say 25-60 i don't think there is much of a gap if at all and while that's great for the 2nd round it sucks if you pick late 1st.

6 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

what about if they add an early third? lol

I think you're probably getting to something a little more palatable. 

I'd probably move that third and our own to get into the second and then move 2 or maybe even all three fourth round picks to get back into the third. 

The two seconds puts you in a decent spot for a receiver and maybe a DT / safety. 

Overall it hurts depth still, which I think this team has problems with right now given the lack of early draft picks the last 3 years and frequent first round busts. 

But I could see how this path is appealing. But I don't know how likely getting that pick back is. 

Given the way the depth is now, given the number of guys who are probably out the door....its just hard for me to take multiple premium assets and turn them into one right now. 

• Like 1

Just now, Forge said:

Given the way the depth is now, given the number of guys who are probably out the door....its just hard for me to take multiple premium assets and turn them into one right now. 

Maybe the 49ers consider pick 31 to have more value than the players available at 31.

If I were a GM, I'd listen to everything.  I want as much information about value as I could get.  I would enter trade talks about trading myself if I could. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

this is what it comes down to for me.  I want multiple assets if Aiyuk goes.  I want a first and a third, or two seconds...something like that. 

Just now, Forge said:

I would much prefer some of the other potential deals that have been floated like the Patriots one or the Jags one. But i also 100% understand the appeal to go get that stallward tackle in house ready to replace Trent or upgrade the other tackle spot. Like i said if we do it to grab Odunze, Nabers or Bowers which i all three absolutely like i just don't see the appeal besides saving some cap. 

• Like 2

• GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic