2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)

Forge

5 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Thoughts on Ellis from Utah? I think he could be a sleeper in the later rounds

Only thing that matters with Elliss....I see that 3 cone and am like

You Son Of A Bitch I Am In Im In GIF - You Son Of A Bitch I Am In You Son  Of A Bitch I Am In - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Interesting Schrager and Daniel Jeremiah both have 49ers taking WR from Texas. 

I don't see Mitchell. I just think he's a guy that the 49ers may have pushed way down the board or off it all together. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I am out on Worthy and Mitchell. I sincerely hope we don't pick either. When has a small WR with a blazing 40 time that all of a sudden became a 1st rounder worked out? John Ross, Henry Ruggs, Tavon Austin, Marquis Goodwin - they all ran a sub 4.3, got immense helium during the draft season, and flopped in the NFL. I'm just not enamored with flashy 40 times anymore. 

With Mitchell, it sounds like he's a head case that have less than ideal effort and care. No thank you. 

With Worthy, you're not just chasing the outlier of size, but the speed as well. As you said, nobody under a 4.3 has ever actually been all that good. If you stretch that to like 4.32 you do get some more success stories (Curtis Samuel, Will Fuller) but the landscape is pretty barren, weirdly enough. 

40 times for receivers largely allows you to root out guys. I'm pretty sure that 40 times correlate far more to success in an offensive tackles than it does wide receivers.

1. Wiggins
  2. Rosengarten / Fisher
  3. WR 
  4. Vaki
  5. All
  6. Another WR? 

Or maybe....

1. Trade down - take Rosengarten 
  2. Trade up(?) - Legette
  3. Trade up - Hall / Dorluss
  4. Vaki
  5. Smith - Wade

I feel like we are going to get Phillips, I just don't know how to fit him in. I think he's going to go in that 2-3 range and I think there are guys that I'd rather have 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:
  1. Wiggins
  2. Rosengarten / Fisher
  3. WR 
  4. Vaki
  5. All
  6. Another WR? 

Or maybe....

2. Trade up(?) - Legette
  4. Vaki
  5. Smith - Wade

I feel like we are going to get Phillips, I just don't know how to fit him in. I think he's going to go in that 2-3 range and I think there are guys that I'd rather have 

I'd be surprised to see this regime pick a first round corner

15 minutes ago, Forge said:
  1. Wiggins
  2. Rosengarten / Fisher
  3. WR 
  4. Vaki
  5. All
  6. Another WR? 

Or maybe....

2. Trade up(?) - Legette
  4. Vaki
  5. Smith - Wade

I do think that Rosengarten is the most likely player to be a 49er after the weekend. His athleticism is just awesome. People talk about Suamataia or some of these other guys as an athlete, but they just don't have the straight line juice or explosiveness or depth to kick sets that Roger does and therefore probably can't do some of the more pretty pulling things that we've seen Trent or Mike do. And Roger's bigger and denser than most of these super athlete type guys for run blocking. Plus, all of the personal connections that give the team extra feedback. Don't know where or when (I don't think it will be at exactly 31), but I think that they'll find a way to get him on the roster.

Beyond that, I definitely agree with you that Vaki's the guy they really want for the running back spot. Scored 5 long touchdowns in like 50 touches. Really fluid pass receiver. Really dangerous in outside zone. Beyond that, I think we can be pretty sure that there'll be a corner and a bigger end and a tight end, but who's who in the zoo and when they'll take them is difficult.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

I'd be surprised to see this regime pick a first round corner

Me too, and frankly, I don't think he'll be there....but he's the most highly regarded player that we have visited with so far. 

I think Rosengarten is the most likely pick the 49ers come away with in this draft though. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JIllg said:

I do think that Rosengarten is the most likely player to be a 49er after the weekend. His athleticism is just awesome. People talk about Suamataia or some of these other guys as an athlete, but they just don't have the straight line juice or explosiveness or depth to kick sets that Roger does and therefore probably can't do some of the more pretty pulling things that we've seen Trent or Mike do. And Roger's bigger and denser than most of these super athlete type guys for run blocking. Plus, all of the personal connections that give the team extra feedback. Don't know where or when (I don't think it will be at exactly 31), but I think that they'll find a way to get him on the roster.

Beyond that, I definitely agree with you that Vaki's the guy they really want for the running back spot. Scored 5 long touchdowns in like 50 touches. Really fluid pass receiver. Really dangerous in outside zone. Beyond that, I think we can be pretty sure that there'll be a corner and a bigger end and a tight end, but who's who in the zoo and when they'll take them is difficult.

Wait what, Vaki as a RB prospect?! I know he played some, but wouldn’t he be a safety? There’s better RB prospects in the later draft. I can’t get behind that, too much head scratching for me. 

I think one surprise pick would be the DB from Michigan - Mike Sainristil. Seems a bit like Jimmy Ward. 

Depending on if any one falls - Newton (praying). I think the pick is Rosengarten. Besides just the Niners, I think the NFL is raving him up and if no one reaches back into the first to start the Tackle picks in the mid 20s, he will be gone in the early second. 

I like Frazier/JPJ, but all signs point to Rosengarten. Makes too much sense. I also saw that Fautanu had a reevaluation for his medical and he’s possibly falling a bit. Wonder if we could sneak up and grab him. 

21 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Rosengarten is a lot better than most people think imo. His film is really solid. It's hilarious that Kingsley was ever ranked ahead of him given how much better RRs film is.  Potential can get you into trouble. 

I think if Darius Robinson is there, he's the pick. If he's gone then it's either McConkey, JPJ, or Rosengarten. I'm fine with all these scenarios.  Rosengarten would be a bit of a bummer BUT I remember being disappointed when they reached for Staley as well, so I'll trust Lynch on this one. OT is such a nuanced position to evaluate. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Rosengarten is a lot better than most people think imo. His film is really solid. It's hilarious that Kingsley was ever ranked ahead of him given how much better RRs film is.  Potential can get you into trouble. 

I think if Darius Robinson is there, he's the pick. If he's gone then it's either McConkey, JPJ, or Rosengarten. I'm fine with all these scenarios.  Rosengarten would be a bit of a bummer BUT I remember being disappointed when they reached for Staley as well, so I'll trust Lynch on this one. OT is such a nuanced position to evaluate. 

What? Disappointed in Staley, man I loved that draft! Got Willis and then traded up and got Staley, that was the icing on the cake for me - loved it! 

• Like 2

• Forge changed the title to 2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)
  • GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic