2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)

Forge

Otherwise known as Brandon Aiyuk watch! 

Panda Watch! on Make a GIF

It'll be time to shut down the general draft thread and move on with the game day threads for the draft. We'll open up a new draft thread for 2025 after. 

• Like 5

• Forge pinned this topic
8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Prediction:

49ers trade the pick (#31).

Chaotic Evil Prediction:

49ers trade the pick (#31) and Brandon Aiyuk to the Jaguars and select WR Xavier Worthy at #17. 

This would actually be beyond evil.

• Like 1

Whelp we are here and i have never been so nervous for an NFL draft in my life….I understand the business but Aiyuk has been my most favourite 49er player since Jerry Rice and im preparing to be devastated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Whelp we are here and i have never been so nervous for an NFL draft in my life….I understand the business but Aiyuk has been my most favourite 49er player since Jerry Rice and im preparing to be devastated.

You'll be okay. He's not going anywhere.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Prediction:

49ers trade the pick (#31).

Chaotic Evil Prediction:

49ers trade the pick (#31) and Brandon Aiyuk to the Jaguars and select WR Xavier Worthy at #17. 

I think this would start my villain arc! 

• Like 2

Here's Breer

31. San Francisco 49ers | Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona 

Trent Williams isn’t getting any younger. So getting a young, talented tackle in the pipeline would be nice, with corner and pass rusher other considerations, as would be a receiver if the team could find someone to pay the freight to get Brandon Aiyuk (which probably became a little less likely after Amon-Ra St. Brown broke the bank with a four-year, $120 million extension).

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Here's Breer

31. San Francisco 49ers | Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona 

Trent Williams isn’t getting any younger. So getting a young, talented tackle in the pipeline would be nice, with corner and pass rusher other considerations, as would be a receiver if the team could find someone to pay the freight to get Brandon Aiyuk (which probably became a little less likely after Amon-Ra St. Brown broke the bank with a four-year, $120 million extension).

Good luck to you guys in the draft. 

• Like 1

I am out on Worthy and Mitchell. I sincerely hope we don't pick either. When has a small WR with a blazing 40 time that all of a sudden became a 1st rounder worked out? John Ross, Henry Ruggs, Tavon Austin, Marquis Goodwin - they all ran a sub 4.3, got immense helium during the draft season, and flopped in the NFL. I'm just not enamored with flashy 40 times anymore. 

With Mitchell, it sounds like he's a head case that have less than ideal effort and care. No thank you. 

• Like 6

Chris Braswell, ED Alabama (late notification) - I was not expecting to like his tape as much as I did. I'm not a fan of smaller edges. But Braswell uses a long arm quite well to keep blockers off of himself. And he's short and bendy and quick and really threatens the edge, so that long arm lands hard and he converts speed to power better than a guy as small as he is has any right to. And that's his arsenal. Win with quickness and bend or win with that long arm. But at least it's a decently complete arsenal. Love the work ethic and the drive to get to plays. Dropped into coverage effectively. If the team is planning to transition to a defense with more odd fronts, he could be a quality long term Leonard Floyd rotational option / replacement. I think with him it's more that they just like the guy rather than that Chris aligns with a specific roster spot like a lot of their visits. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Chris Braswell, ED Alabama (late notification) - I was not expecting to like his tape as much as I did. I'm not a fan of smaller edges. But Braswell uses a long arm quite well to keep blockers off of himself. And he's short and bendy and quick and really threatens the edge, so that long arm lands hard and he converts speed to power better than a guy as small as he is has any right to. And that's his arsenal. Win with quickness and bend or win with that long arm. But at least it's a decently complete arsenal. Love the work ethic and the drive to get to plays. Dropped into coverage effectively. If the team is planning to transition to a defense with more odd fronts, he could be a quality long term Leonard Floyd rotational option / replacement. I think with him it's more that they just like the guy rather than that Chris aligns with a specific roster spot like a lot of their visits. 

Thoughts on Ellis from Utah? I think he could be a sleeper in the later rounds

• Forge changed the title to 2024 NFL draft Rd 1 GDT (No Spoilers!)
  • GW21 locked this topic
  • GW21 unpinned and unlocked this topic