2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

What's funny about this whole thing is EB from the Junkies took a bunch of crap about his story that his kid told him concerning Peters giving him a 5th round grade and Rappaport confirmed it as true lol 

Everyone who follows the draft had him as a 5th round pick until October 2023, so it never seemed like that crazy a story to me. 

Sort of vaguely concerning about Peters. But we’ll see. 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Back when he was still at ASU apparently 

Wait so we aren't even talking about a recent analysis? Why is stuff like this relevant? Adam Peters specifically talked about how he hasn't spent any relevant time scouting QBs last year since they had Purdy, so we are talking 2 plus years ago? Lol.

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Why would he draft a guy 2nd overall if he gave him a 5th round grade... That seems like nonsense. Sounds like someone that just doesn't like Jayden Daniels.

Dude they confirmed the story during the draft. Its true lol. It really happened. Everyone thought it was BS but it seemingly ended up being true. 

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

“Nobody saw that last season coming, because that was a huge jump, right?” EB asked. “So I believe it all, and this is not an indictment on anyone, but just take it with a grain of salt, but what it tells me is that a year ago, Adam Peters was not enamored with his skill set. Maybe he appreciates what he did over the last year, but I would find it hard to believe if that information is correct that a year ago, he thought he was fifth-rounder, and now he's gonna take him with the second overall pick. So I'm now off Jayden Daniels now, and officially declaring the Commanders won’t take him.”

EB still likes Daniels and Dan Quinn calling him a ‘game-changer’ still resonates, but if this is true, that jump for Peters would be as big as Daniels’ jump in 2023.

I'll find the quote from Peters, but in his last press conference he literally said they didn't scout QBs because they had Brock Purdy.

This is some comical stuff, IMO.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

I'll find the quote from Peters, but in his last press conference he literally said they didn't scout QBs because they had Brock Purdy.

Schefter dug around and confirmed it too apparently

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Peters talked to Daniels as a favor to Aiyuk. Daniels asked him what he thought his draft prospects were and he told him he saw him going in the 5th round.