2024 NFL Draft Round 1 Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS)

2 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Personally I hope we take a shot at Milton later in the draft. As a guy you can develop and maybe get capital for later down the line but is a good insurance policy to keep true to your scheme incase of injury

*cough*Jordan Travis*cough*

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I also like the idea at Ladd McConkey as a chain mover and middle field saftey outlet for Jayden. I know he hasn’t had that but I believe it could be a good move for Jayden’s development. I know we need a bigger guy but I believe having that middle of the field weapon would be a huge thorn in the side trying to defend with the diverse skillset Jayden has if he works at it and takes those short quick plays to preserve himself

I am on board for Ladd. Let's walk away with the names: him and Kool aid. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Well, according to Schefter had we not picked Daniels it would’ve been McCarthy. 

What did I tell you about these surprises. Thankfully we pick Daniels 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

*cough*Jordan Travis*cough*

I’m very cool with Travis as well I like the idea of getting that similar skillset behind Jayden I do like Travis better. I just think you could also transition Milton to TE and have that trick play dynamic as well and just be even more diverse but I do love some Jordan Travis

Edited by ripsean21

I don't want to draft another QB. You just spent the 2nd pick in the draft on Daniels. Don't immediately bring in unnecessary pressure. We did that before with Robert and while it worked out because of Cousins I think ultimately it caused issues that didn't need to be there. 

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I don't want to draft another QB. You just spent the 2nd pick in the draft on Daniels. Don't immediately bring in unnecessary pressure. We did that before with Robert and while it worked out because of Cousins I think ultimately it caused issues that didn't need to be there. 

But that was Coach sticking it too the owner. And I’m not saying spend a 4. A 6th or 7th. If that’s pressure we already missed the pick. But we need a guy in the pipeline Marcus is a one year rental and that’s as long as I hope he’s here.

7 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Also, my wife was weirdly into watching the draft with me last night (she started paying attention somewhere around pick 12 or 13) when she has never much cared about it before. Asking questions about why a team would trade down, etc... 

I explained it all. And explained that this was only the 1st round and she intuitively stated that tonight's start of the 2nd round could be full of trades as "everyone has had a night to think about things" (I didn't just marry her for her looks, fellas).

So with that in mind, if some team came calling with a 2025 1st rounder (or multiple 2nd rounders) for pick #36 (*), do you take it? I think we might be in an excellent position to extend our # of picks to more than just this year.

(*) obviously some other pick swaps would have to happen and I haven't looked at the Trade chart yet to get an exact compensation

I would move 36 for a 25 1st from a team that picked in the teens like Oakland or Denver. Give me the best possible assets we don't need to fix all of our long term holes this year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Also, my wife was weirdly into watching the draft with me last night (she started paying attention somewhere around pick 12 or 13) when she has never much cared about it before. Asking questions about why a team would trade down, etc... 

I explained it all. And explained that this was only the 1st round and she intuitively stated that tonight's start of the 2nd round could be full of trades as "everyone has had a night to think about things" (I didn't just marry her for her looks, fellas).

So with that in mind, if some team came calling with a 2025 1st rounder (or multiple 2nd rounders) for pick #36 (*), do you take it? I think we might be in an excellent position to extend our # of picks to more than just this year.

(*) obviously some other pick swaps would have to happen and I haven't looked at the Trade chart yet to get an exact compensation

It really depends who is still there after the first couple picks.  But I think there are too many good players to pass.

23 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Robert was the problem there. He did it to himself. If we like one of these other QBs late as a future backup I'd take them bc you just never know like with a guy developing after a few years of development Brock Purdy.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m very cool with Travis as well I like the idea of getting that similar skillset behind Jayden I do like Travis better. I just think you could also transition Milton to TE and have that trick play dynamic as well and just be even more diverse but I do love some Jordan Travis

Milton seems like a 7th round pick to me, like a Logan Thomas flyer & if he doesn't work out as you said maybe you move him to TE like with Logan Thomas & Blake Bell.

I think Jordan Thomas has some Russell Wilson in him. I'd love to draft him at some point this day.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1